“uneasy” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 48 hotels in Arlington
fair lawn nj
“uneasy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Felt uneasy in hotel because of location so canceled reservation. They were very accomidating with the way we felt. Manager understood. Lobby seemed very clean but never went to the room. To get to outdoor pool had to go outside and was pooring out which defeats the purpose booked cause of indoor pool

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

572 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed here for 3 nights over spring break. Hotel is basic, and although older, has been given a makeover so that the bedding, flat screen tv, and fixtures seem newer. Some chips in the bathtub have been patched. For our purposes, the room was adequate. Used the pool one night and it was staffed by a lifeguard. We stayed here in the evenings after a day of touring DC. At check in, the staff gave us a list of local restarants and sites and directions on how to get there, which was helpful.

Pros: close to Metro, walking distance to Arlington National Cemetery and Iwo Jima memorial, safe area, decent restaurants within walking distance, microwave and fridge, price is good compared to area hotels, free coffee in the lobby 24 hours a day. Free wifi and parking.

Cons: Walls are thin. Wasn't really an issue for us since our neighbors were not very loud, but I could see it being a problem if we were next to a rowdy group that liked to stay up late.

Room Tip: We had a room with an exterior entrance since we requested 2 queen beds. If you only need double be...
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I stay in a hotel at least 2-3 nights per week for business travel. I figured I'd use some of the millions of rewards points that I've accumulated for a weekend getaway with the family. I was really disappointed. Room was dirty with mold stains throughout bathroom. Beds were not comfortable and linen looked very old and worn. It appeared to be the worse room available in a poorly maintained property. Back to Marriott I go, I won't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Westfield, Indiana, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

very good location and very well kept. very good breakfast bar. i plan to stay at this location when we come back. staff very helpful. beautiful place to visit
and very centrally located to everything

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

nice staff, comfortable hotel, well priced to visit DC. This hotel is near the train and reasonable restaurants.
My only negative was the bed's comfort. The beds need to be updated. they have seen better days....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked this hotel (motel?) for a quick visit to Georgetown University. Based on the map I was studying, it seemed to offer a 1 mile commute to the campus on main arteries. What's more, the good restaurants of Arlington seemed to be close -- even walking distance. I was mistaken.

Because of the highway configuration/ one-way roads, the drive to Georgetown took 20 minutes in a convoluted path that only my Garmin GPS and Smartphone could figure out on my behalf. The drive was rather urban and industrial, leaving my guest to wonder why I claimed that GU was in such a pretty part of DC.

If I wanted to make a good impression, I was 0 for 2 because we did not feel comfortable walking to the good restaurants on Wilson... Although the walk was less than half a mile, the neighborhood between the hotel and dining district did not feel safe or well lit. We ended up driving to Wilson Blvd and choosing a good restaurant for dinner. Wilson Blvd has many restaurants and is clearly a street that caters to evening diners, shoppers and the like.

Suffice it to say, next time I want to show someone GU, I will be staying north of the campus.
I think that visitors who want to use the Metro or walk across the Potomac to DC will find this hotel adequate, however.
The hotel staff is excellent. The manager was efficient, engaging and helpful. He had his hands full with foreigners but was courteous and exceedingly kind to all. The room as large and basic. The bathroom was clean. The appointments were older but in good repair. Nothing was broken. Everything worked as it should. The conference facilities were not being used while we were there overnight. We checked out at 10:00AM and saw that the restaurant had not opened to serve breakfast.

The elevation of the property allowed for good views of the Potomac River.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My Husband and I plus our 11 year old grandson stayed at this hotel April 1, 2, 3. It was more of a motel than a hotel. The staff was helpful giving us directions and handouts of where to eat close to the hotel. The room was comfortable and clean. The location is pretty safe and walkable to the Iwo Jima Memorial and Arlington National Cemetery. This hotel is within six blocks of the subway. The parking at the hotel is free.

There is not a breakfast included at this Best Western. There is a pizza restaurant next door but was closed. I believe they serve breakfast but was not available for us. The pool is not very inviting and needs upgrading. It is opened from only 2p.m. - 10p.m. It is large but seems very old. My advice is spend a little more money and get a better hotel. Fortunately the weather was nice in DC so we did lots of touring. Would not have been happy spending much time in our room and in this hotel. I think that is a pretty honest review. Pros and Cons.

Room Tip: Get an interior room not an exterior room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Rosslyn/Iwo Jima? Share your experiences!