“What I liked and What I didn't” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #37 of 47 hotels in Arlington
IN
“What I liked and What I didn't”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My Husband and I plus our 11 year old grandson stayed at this hotel April 1, 2, 3. It was more of a motel than a hotel. The staff was helpful giving us directions and handouts of where to eat close to the hotel. The room was comfortable and clean. The location is pretty safe and walkable to the Iwo Jima Memorial and Arlington National Cemetery. This hotel is within six blocks of the subway. The parking at the hotel is free.

There is not a breakfast included at this Best Western. There is a pizza restaurant next door but was closed. I believe they serve breakfast but was not available for us. The pool is not very inviting and needs upgrading. It is opened from only 2p.m. - 10p.m. It is large but seems very old. My advice is spend a little more money and get a better hotel. Fortunately the weather was nice in DC so we did lots of touring. Would not have been happy spending much time in our room and in this hotel. I think that is a pretty honest review. Pros and Cons.

Room Tip: Get an interior room not an exterior room

549 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Doetinchem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We atayes in this hotel for 2 days and it was really good. The reception was helpfull and the check in went fast. The room was really big and the bed was huge. Everything was clean and we had a fridge and a microwave. The hotel is a 8min walk to the subway. So it is a cheap and relaxt way to visit washington. I would reccomend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 7 days. The first room they put us in was in the "motel" part of the hotel and the refrigerator and the alarm clock did not work. The tiles in the bathroom did not match and it appeared very old. They offered to refrigerate our food in the staff refrigerator, and brought us another alarm clock. The WiFi was spotty at best. We were ready to check out after one night and stay somewhere else but they offered to move us to the new part of the hotel (that had an elevator!). Our room was quiet and sufficient, but we had to go to the office so many times (not enough towels, shampoo) and the ice machines did not work most of the time in the whole building. We did not have a problem with the WiFi in the newer buidling. Parking was free which was a real benefit and the location is close to a metro and right across the river from Georgetown. The staff was VERY accommodating and did everything possible to fix our problems. I do not think I would stay in this hotel again because it wasted too much time trying to get the problems fixed.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the newer section of the hotel
Amherst, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The best thing about this hotel was the location, about a 6 min walk to the Metro! The hotel itself is old and in need of some repair and cleaning. I booked a "courtyard" room as I was lead to believe that the pool was attached to these rooms.... wrong. The pool was outside in a "green-house" type building, unattached to any part of the hotel. My kids (9 & 13) were "grossed out" by the pool and the lone lifeguard, hence they did not use it during our 4 day stay! The rooms inside the hotel building may be in better condition? Our room (115) had paper thin walls, you could hear everything in the surrounding rooms, the airplanes & street traffic. The attached restaurant was closed ( so much for the pizza review). I had to also park in the garage as there was not enough parking spaces in the lot... Every day I found my car covered with garage ceiling "stuff" that the birds knocked around. If you are looking for a place to crash, close to DC... I suppose this will work for you... I do not think I would stay he again myself

Room Tip: Book a room in the main building!
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here for 9 nights and overall everything was generally good. There are some noise issues, we were in the "courtyard" (opens onto the parking lot) on the first floor. There is some expected neighbor noise here, what was not expected is that they let tour buses park in the lot and they start up early in the morning. Our first morning we were woken up by 3 different buses starting up in the parking lot about an hour apart. One night they decided to work on the roof of the restaurant at 11:30 pm, loud ladders and people, not great for sleeping. I would not recommend these rooms if you are light sleeper. The only other issue we had was the hot water. For the first few days the shower was adequate and then..... nothing, or I should say loud moaning and a trickle. Called the front desk, they said they would send somebody, left for dinner, came back, no difference. Called again, maintenance man came and couldn't fix it, said he would make sure a plumber came the next day. Next day, no plumber, no fix. Hotel offered to let us shower in another room, makes me think this is a known problem. Next day no plumber again but a note saying the plumber would be in the following day. They offered to move us to another room, but after 7 nights that was not a great option. Plumber finally came, replaced the shower head and the shower worked great! All in all since we were only sleeping here, the rooms was clean, most of the staff was friendly and helpful. The pool was okay, was impressed there was a lifeguard on duty.

Room Tip: As stated above the courtyard rooms are loud with parking lot noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Metuchen, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I booked this motel based on the reviews. I should have read them better! I went with my family. We have two kids 6 and 4. We were in the outside building.

Pros:
1. Close walk to the metro
2. Generally clean
3. Close walk to several places to eat

Cons:
1. The shower - There was no water pressure and the water was impossible to keep one temperature. Whenever you tried to adjust the temperature, the pipes moaned LOUDLY. I asked to be moved to the inner building, but the front desk said the rooms with two queens were only in the outside building.
2. The loud pipes were all over the outside building, so they woke us up early in the morning and late at night when neighbors showered.
3. The outside building is OLD! There was a fuse box in the room.
4. The pool is only open from 2-10 pm and the water was warm, 84 degrees or so, but the air was less than 80 degrees, so getting out was really unpleasant!

Understand that you will be compromising to stay here!

Room Tip: If you do stay here, and you don't need two Queen beds, make sure to request the rooms with the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Rosslyn/Iwo Jima? Share your experiences!