“A great stay near all of the action.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #37 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Rome, New York
“A great stay near all of the action.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed here twice now over the past couple of months, both stays being for a few nights and I can not say enough good things about the place. The location is great, the nearest Metro station is about a five minute walk away and just two train stops from all of the action on the mall. The check in folks are very polite and professional and make you truly feel valued as a guest. The hotel is clean, modern, and very well maintained. There is a pool that looks like it was once an outdoor pool that was converted into an indoor pool, very nice to have as an option. I've stayed in both the interior corridor rooms as well as the outdoor corridor rooms and found that both were very nice and modern. I would stay here again in a heart beat and know that at the end of my journey I had this nice hotel to greet me in DC. To top it all off FREE PARKING!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Chesapeake, Virginia, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My stay was pleasant and I have no complaints. Check in was quick and easy, parking was not a problem. We had two separate rooms, and they accommodated us, and kept us next to each other. easy access to the DC area, and the Marine Memorial is within walking distance. Semper Fi.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was excited to find a hotel fairly close to a metro stop so that my daughter and I could visit some sights in Washington, DC. When we arrived, the staff was very gracious. My room was not in the main building but was in the adjacent building from the registration desk. While there was a covered walkway, it did not extend to the entire space needed to access my room. There was no means of getting to the room, without getting wet, if it was raining. It rained on our third day in town. We got wet trying to get to the registration desk and taxi. We were headed to our visit at the U.S. Capitol. I arrived wet. Not my best look.

The biggest draw back however, was not the uncovered walkway. It was the bathroom. Our bathroom needed much work. The tiled floor constantly looked dirty. The tiles on the wall in the shower are stained and dirty. The white between the tiles looks dirty. The shower curtain bar appeared to be ready to fall any day. The vent (fan) in our bathroom did not work at all. Thus, the overall needs of the bathroom were many.

As a business practice, hotels should provide two (2) bath mats whenever there are more than two people scheduled to stay in the room. Four people cannot dry their feet after stepping out of the shower onto the same mat. Thus, I constantly had to ask for additional bath mats. This is particularly bothersome in cold weather environments and where you have glass tile on the floors. During our stay, the temperatures dropped sometimes to 26 degrees and we had glass tiled floors in the bathroom.

Furthermore, the non-stick mats inside the bath tub needed to be changed. It visibly looked dirty. One can hardly feel clean after using a dingy surface for bathing. The non-stick surface appears to be a preventive measure. In this instance, it prevented us from feeling like the tub had been cleaned by the housekeeping staff.

The refrigerator was clean and so was the microwave. To my surprise, there was no closet, only an area near the sink to hang clothes. There were two sinks - on inside the area with the tub and toilet; one outside that bathroom. The lighting was adequate and smartly laid out. The lamp between the beds had two (2) bulbs, each one operated by a different switch so that the individuals in each bed could determine how much lighting they wanted.

My other tidbit of information is important for anyone who cannot (or does not want) to use stairs. I was told that all rooms with two (2) queen size beds were in the adjacent building. Not one was inside the main building which allowed elevator access. Thus, it is quite taxing to lug up several filled suitcases to the rooms which had the two queen beds. Fortunately, we were on the second floor. Unfortunately, we had four filled suitcases.

I felt safe in the area of the hotel. The metro stop was about a 7-10 minute walk away. The front desk staff had directions to some of the sights tourists would want to visit. We appreciate the staff for their courtesy, promptness, and complete desire to assist us.

Room Tip: Rooms with two queen size beds do not have elevator access. If you want or need to use the elevator...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Moab, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Room on 2nd floor right above reception. Finishes in good shape, clean, very quiet. Stayed for 6 nights. Attractive for price and location. About an 8 minute walk to Metro; closer would have been nice, but then price would probably be higher. Still a reasonably short walk, but I wasn't dropping by during the day. Wifi speed in room was decent. Iron and board was a plus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

For the money, this place is great !!!!! Very nice people , clean and a short walk to the metro. Which by tha way is the best way to get around DC. I have only visited the area three times but I will only stay in Arlington , much less expensive and seems like the people are more friendly !

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Chose this place for free parking and proximity to Metro. Stayed in a 2-double room right by the pool. Clean, comfortable, convenient--easy access to DC, fridge and microwave nice features. It was pretty noisy--any noise in the hall came right into the room. THe restaurant on-site was a decent pizzeria. The pool was great, but the pool area was freezing--it's in a glass atrium w/no heat, so the water's warm but the air wasn't! The kids loved it, though! Overall great option for low-budget trip to DC--I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the building with the pool if you want an inside access room, the other rooms are...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Rosslyn/Iwo Jima? Share your experiences!