“GREAT LOCATION” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Basingstoke, England
“GREAT LOCATION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I have just returned from the BW Rosslyn and had a great stay. I arrived by airport shuttle that thankfully knew that the hotel is on Fairfax and not Arlington Boulevard. Check in was very efficient and the room ready early. The room was typical very good but agree that the lighting levels could be better.
The location is excellent for the metro and Rosslyn being on 2 lines there is never a long wait to get into downtown DC. The area felt totally safe and I would go so far as to say the people I saw were friendly with a hello etc.
The Italian was actually better for food than I thought having read previous reviews and I made some new friends whilst in there. The staff were not oppressive but did serve quickly, perhaps because it was not very busy. The food was always well cooked and hot.
Overall an excellent base for those who don't need to be in the middle of DC and would like to leave the car whilst going exploring, I will definately return.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Rosslyn/Iwo Jima, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Dear Aardvark66, We thank you for choosing to stay at Best Western Rosslyn Iwo Jima and look forward to accommodating you again.

567 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for three nights during our D.C. vacation. The location was great for us, for personal reasons (friends live nearby), and we loved that the walk to the Metro station was not too far away.

The front desk staff seemed nice enough. I was a bit frustrated because I called and ask if we could reserve the room on my fiance's card, but then split the actual payment when we checked out. Over the phone, the guy said yes-no problem. When we got there, this was not an option.

There was a very kind employee--maybe a maintenance man--that helped me with my luggage. It was so very hot and he had to go out of his way to help me. I very much appreciated that.

The hotel is much nicer on the inside than how it appears on the outside. We stayed in one of the rooms with interior hallways. The room itself was nice, and we especially liked the mini-fridge, microwave, coffee machine stand. To save money, we brought along oatmeal, etc. for breakfast. It was nice to have that available.

Pay attention when you book your room to make sure you get the bed size you need. There were only two of us, so having full-sized beds did not matter. Had there been three or four of us, it would be a different story!

We slept well; the walls were not thin-or maybe our surrounding rooms were empty. The room door, however, was a problem. There was quite a large gap between the door and the frame. Any conversation had in the hallway sounded as if it was being held right next to our bed. The housekeeping staff was so very loud in the morning. We didn't sleep much past 8 any morning we were there, but were awaken by their chatter long before our alarms went off. I very much appreciate the work they do, but think it's quite rude to be that noisy in the morning.

We did eat at the "Italian" restaurant one night. It was less than impressive. The older waitress/host basically stood and stared at us instead of asking us questions. The other one was nice. The food was average. We aren't picky at all, but I could definitely make similar meals at home.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again. Next time, we'll bring a white noise machine and make better dinner plans. =)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear AnnMarieB08, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I think is good and fairly value priced, staff is correct and very helpful, and the room while it's not sophisticated is ok if you are here on a budget and for a short period of time. LCD TV, fridge and microwave come standard. The room could use a bit more illumination and the internet service is not so reliable. Commute to Washington downtown is easy, as it's just a 5 minute walk from Rosslyn station. The surroundings are convenient and safe. Staff helped me with my Fedex big boxes, mail and accomodations, they are friendly and professional. Overall it was a good experience, I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Rosslyn/Iwo Jima, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
Dear Urbano83, Best Western Rosslyn Iwo Jima is committed to customer care. We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experience at the hotel. We look forward to accommodating you again.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I only stayed here 1 night. We chose it because it was reasonably priced, near a metro stop, and close to the Washington DC sights. When we arrived, the parking lot was full except for one spot that was marked "for restaurant use only". We pulled into the spot, because we didn't know where else to leave our car while checking in.
From the parking lot, it is a full flight of stairs up to the lobby. If you are in the garage, you can take an elevator to the lobby, but you need a room key to get from the garage into the corridor where you find the elevator and stairs. The hotel has a hotel-style building with inside corridors and an elevator, and a motel-style building with outside corridors and no elevator. Our room was in the motel side, on the 2nd floor.
The beds were comfortable, and I did not notice any airport sounds over night, but I am a heavy sleeper. We ate breakfast at Ledo's, the onsite restaurant. It was nothing special, but it was good, convenient, and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking up and steps, get a room on the ground floor in the motel side of the ho...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear happywanderer856, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again at Best Western Rosslyn Iwo Jima.
Cross River, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

The staff was courteous and well informed.
Very clean, all amenities were up to date and working properly.
The pool has a full time lifeguard and is covered from the elements while still
having the outdoor feeling. Underground parking and elevators were a real bonus
whith the bad weather.

Room Tip: look for 3 day rates
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear janine s, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel and our staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you again at Best Western Rosslyn Iwo Jima.
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Stayed here for one night with 2 teenage kids. The first thing I feel compelled to say is that this hotel is NOT on Arlington Blvd. Very helpful to know if you are using a GPS. It is actually on N. Fairfax Drive. Don't know why they have an Arlington Blvd address?? Free parking in the tiny lot or underground garage. Danielle at the front desk is very nice and helpful. Got a room with 2 queen beds for an affordable price. The room was clean and updated, although there were a few hairs in the bathtub. Everything else in the bathroom appeared to be clean, but I always bring Clorox disinfecting cleaner and give the hotel bathrooms a good spritzing when I get there anyway. The beds were clean and comfortable, the large flat screen TV on the wall was nice, and the room had a coffee maker, microwave, and decent sized refrigerator. The water temperature in the shower is inconsistent. It would go from very hot to lukewarm during my shower. You have to find a good balance of hot/cold in order to not get scalded when the temperature fluctuates. Our room was not in the main building so it had a door leading directly outside, but there were no issues with noise, etc. There is a pool, but we did not use it so I can't comment. I was disappointed that the hotel did not offer breakfast. There was a room service menu in the room, but when I called the front desk to order I was told that they don't offer room service (?????). I was also told that the Ledo pizza restaurant next door offers breakfast, however they were closed the entire next day so I had to go elsewhere. If you know where a grocer is nearby you could always purchase breakfast items to keep in the room I suppose. Not a whole lot to do nearby, but the Iwo Jima Memorial and Arlington Cemetery are walking distance and the Rosslyn Metro Station is a short walk (go left out of the hotel, walk to first light at Ft Meyer Drive and turn left, metro is a short distance on the right). Overall, we had a good stay and with some minor improvements I would consider staying again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Rosslyn/Iwo Jima, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Dear rbn326, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you again.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Very helpful staff, pool is wonderful after a long day of walking, metro is a few blocks away or you can simply walk to Georgetown (approx 30 min). Booked one week ahead of time and a 3 day stay (Wedn to Sat) cost us a total of 281$!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Ti-Luce, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again.

Been to BEST WESTERN Rosslyn/Iwo Jima? Share your experiences!