This former apartment building converted to suite hotel is the perfect place for families visiting DC. The suite are roomy...we had 6 people staying in a 1 bedroom with 2 double beds, sofa bed and a roll-away and we could still walk around. Kitchen is small but efficient. We had sandwiches and snack for everyone but only cooked 1 night. Only enough dishes/glassware/silverware for 4 people but we bought paper plates/plastic cups and silverware. Worked out great!
No complaints from my teenagers and friend about the beds. Event he sofa sleeper and roll-away were comfortable. Bathroom was again small but efficient. A bit retro in design, but that is "in" nowadays, isn't it?
Great staff too! Each request we had (more towels, extra room key, restaurant suggestions, etc) were answered with a friendly smile and knowledgable response. Laundry facilities were great to have..do you know how many times teenage girls change clothes in1 day? Shuttle to/from Rosslyn Metro station was great...althought we usually missed it at night as we stayed out too late. Safe to walk to/from station, even in a small group; it was a bit far after walking all day in DC. The teens loved the pool the 1 time they got to use it. Pool closes a bit early in my opinion (I think 8pm if I remember correctly but don't quote me), would be nice to have ti to relax in after a long day in DC.
Car parked at the hotel most of the time for $7.00/day (a steal in DC!) . Lighted and safe.
Harris Teeter Neighborhood Market at Glebe Road and Randolph St...about 1 1/2 - 2 miles west of hotel. Good selection and prices.
Convenience store within walking distance.
Walk to Iwo Jima Memorial (1 block) and Arlington National Cemetery
Most restaurants around Rosslyn Metro station were closed by 9pm in June. Not much to choose from otherwise.
Twilight Tatoo at Fort McNair (Metro Waterfront-SEU stop), summer months (already concluded for 2010). Fantastic free show with several military units performing, meet and greet after the preformance, ask questions, take pictures and see the vehicles/ordinance.
Air and Space Museum, Udvar-Hazy Center near Dulles Airport - THE place to go if you are interested in vintage aircraft. Great accompaniment to the Air and Space Museum on the Mall.
Smithsonian Museums only open until 5:30 pm so get there early to see everything.
Wonderful sculpture garden across from the National Archives. Take a break near the fountain on a hot, humid DC day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet Virginian Suites Arlington. Loaded with personality, this exceptional hotel features one-bedroom and studio suites in a highly desirable location, just minutes from downtown DC and closer to Arlington National Cemetery than any other hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Virginian Suites Arlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virginian Suites Arlington Hotel Arlington
- Virginian Hotel Arlington
- The Virginian Hotel