“Home Away From Home” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Home Away From Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

I really like the Virginian Suites - it feels like home away from home. The full size kitchen is a big plus to complement the very spacious living room and large bathroom/closet area. The complementary shuttle from the Rosslyn Metro station is helpful although the walk is a nice one if you want to see a great view of the Lincoln Memorial. The hotel's staff have great customer service and try to make your stay a great one. And the free pizza party they have on Wednesday's is a pleasant surprise for those first time guests.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Michael A,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review. Making you feel at home is our main goal and I am thrilled to learn that we have accomplished that with you! I appreciate your kind comments about our accommodations, the Free Pizza Wednesdays and most importantly our service.
On behalf of all of us at the Virginian Suites, we look forward to your return visit.

Warmest regards
emarzolo@virginiansuites.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Turkish first
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights while passing twice through DC. Full size kitchen was great given the fact that we had to cook for allergy reasons. Quite clean, nice staff. The amenities in the rooms were a little inconsistent but it was not really a big deal. Great location - steps away from a couple of sightseeing spots. We walked to Arlington Cemetery and from there hopped on a tour bus of DC. We came back by metro which was also a walk away. Outdoor pool for a plus for kids. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Dear 10monthspreggers,

Thank you for completing your review regarding your recent stay at the Virginian Suites. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay primarily because of our convenient location and great value for the price. I also appreciate your kind comments regarding our full kitchens, the outdoor pool our nice staff and the cleanliness of our suites.

On behalf of all of us here at the Virginian Suites we look forward to your return visit.

Warmest Regards,
Holbrook, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Room not as nice as what posted on their website, but served its purpose for the price. Roomy enough for a family of four. Front staff was friendly. Kids enjoyed the goodies i.e….cookies, fruit and Lemon water. Would stay here again, got use to the airplanes after our first night. Nice walk to Metro and found some geocaching on the way.

Room Tip: Not sure if possible to request an up-dated room?
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Kathy C,

On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you for staying with us and for writing your review. I am happy to learn that you would stay at the Virginian Suites next time you visit us from New York, and that our friendly staff and the good value for the price are a big part of that decision.

We look forward to your return visit.

Warm Regards,
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

This hotel is within an easy walk to the mall and they have a shuttle to take you to and from the metro station even though it is only a five-minute walk. The night desk staff was so friendly. They told us about the hotels origins as an apartment building. Each room has a full kitchen. They got matches so our nephew could play with sparklers in the parking lot. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. This was a great value for the money. We walked across the mall in the daylight and at night. It was the first time I really felt I saw D.C. by going in and out of my hotel.

Patricia424,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing your review. When visiting the D.C. Area staying with us is an exceptionally smart decision due to the good value for the money (like you mentioned) and also the proximity to all the DC attractions. I hope you found time to go across the street to the Iwo Jima memorial for the Sunset Parade (this happens every Tuesday during the summer). I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you consider our staff awesome! I also appreciate your kind comments regarding our convenient location, our spacious & clean suites, and our comfortable beds.

On behalf of our entire team we look forward to your return visit from Maine.

Warmest Regards,
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel does have shuttle service to the metro. It is old but has large rooms. Breakfast and dinner is available each weekday. Many travelers stay the week. Not much else to say.
Kitchens are nice, remodeling in the rear entrance. Can hear airplanes from Reagan Airport often. They stop around midnight and start back around 6 AM.

• Stayed August 2014
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Donald R,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing your review. I appreciate your nice comments regarding our spacious suites. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our daily $6/person breakfast and our catered buffet dinners (we offer those every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday for $12/person). I sure do hope that you joined us during our weekly Pizza Party where we offer complimentary pizza and soft drinks for all our guests (on Wednesdays).

I would like to have the opportunity to make your next stay with us be more than just "okay". Please e-mail me directly with any future reservations so that my team and I can work hard to make sure your next stay is flawless.

We look forward to your return visit!

Warm Regards,
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I took my wife to see Lion King at the Kennedy Center and did not want to drive home after the show so I reserved a room at the Virginian Suites, Arlington. The Virginian Suites is located in VA beside of the Marine Corps Memorial just over Theodore Roosevelt Bridge the Kennedy Center. It could not be any more convenient to DC & the Kennedy Center. With my Choice Privileges card the room was $134 per night + tax Aug 2014. The next nearer hotels were in DC at $200+tx. There was plenty of parking lot self parking for only $12. The DC parking was more expensive + there was tipping the valet in DC. I saved over $100 an night and had a larger room than I was offered in DC. The hotel is an older building, but the rooms have been updated. We had a full kitchen with a full sized stove, fridge, microwave, toaster, etc. There was a welcome basket of snacks in the room. The queen bed was a comfortable pillow top. There was a large dressing table and well lit mirror, lighting is important after you are past 65 years old. The TV was a recent LCD unit with more channels than I can count. The breakfast was fruit, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, high end microwave oatmeal, breakfast sandwiches, and waffles and the usual continental stuff. Certainly adequate, but not a full hot breakfast, however the price was right, free with the Privileges card. My wife and I were very pleased with the hotel, the location, and the service. Plenty of great coffee in the lobby and at breakfast. The down side is the lobby is not handicap accessible and I never found a TV guide in the room. We will definitenly stay there again.

Room Tip: Great price for a full suite with a full kitchen. Saw a lot of military officers staying here as it...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Bruce L,
On behalf of all of us here at the Virginian Suites I would like to thank you and your wife for staying with us and for writing this excellent review! I am thrilled to hear that you found our location convenient and our prices affordable. I am also happy to learn that you noticed and appreciated the little touches. If I remember correctly, I had a conversation a few nights ago with a sharp looking couple that lived in the area who stayed with us to attend the Lion King at the Kennedy Center. I don't think that was you because that couple did not look a day over 35 :). I do hope you enjoyed Lion King.
Please contact me directly with any future reservations so that my team and I can make sure your next stay is as flawless as the previous one. And we will, of course, make sure there is a TV guide in your room next time.

It was a pleasure having you as our guests and we look forward to your return visit!

Warmest regards,
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I don't know if we got the only room that did not look anything like the pictures online but our room was tired and dated. Our furniture was from the 90's. The only updated part was the bathroom. The carpet was torn at entry, the hallways were on the dark side. The lobby was nice and modern, not sure what happened to our room. Disappointed when we saw it. Should have asked if they were all like that but after a 9 hour drive and arriving in rush hour traffic I did not think of that.

Pros. Despite tired furniture and carpet the linen was clean and the bathroom was too. The shower curtain and towels looked new. Close walk to metro, short metro ride into DC, nice staff, cheap parking, free shuttle to and from metro on weekdays, decent price if booked early. There is a pool but we did not use or look at it. The kitchen was functional. Free WiFi was nice. Near Arlington Cemetery.

Con's: Old furniture, sagging mattress, torn carpet, dim hallways. They painted the trim and did not protect the carpet. Maybe they are getting ready to change it out. They needed to provide what they advertised. Not really a con, but it looked like there are some apartments within the building. You can hear airplanes taking off but not too disturbing because they quit flying around 11pm and the air conditioner drowned out the noise.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
JKloves2travel,

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us with this valuable feedback. I appreciate all your kind comments regarding our convenient location, our nice staff, the free Wi-Fi and our affordable suite and parking prices. However, I have read your review carefully and I would like to apologize for not being able to exceed your expectations. You are correct, we are in the process of upgrading all the carpets in the hotel. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a superior experience in your future travels. Please contact me directly with any future reservations so that my team and I can place you in a suite that is 100% to your satisfaction.

We look forward to your return visit.

Warm regards,
Eda Marzolo

Been to Virginian Suites Arlington? Share your experiences!