“great family choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Ottawa, Canada
“great family choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

we were in washington for 5 days and used the Virginian Suites in Arlington as our home base. Only good things to say about it, from the location, the rooms, breakfast, transportation, and certainly the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Don_Ottawa,

Thank you for using us as your home base during your trip to the DC Area! I am delighted to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I greatly appreciate your kind comments regarding our convenient location, spacious suites, affordable prices and breakfast selection.

On behalf of all of us here at the Virginian Suites we look forward to your return visit from Ottawa, Canada!

-Eda Marzolo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We are a family of 5 (kids 11, 11, & 9) & this room was ideally spacious! The beds were plenty comfortable......except the pullout, which is to be expected. The mini kitchen was a bonus, but not needed for our 1 day stay (2 nights). The hotel is in decent shape for being old. The staff was extremely friendly & helpful. We did not use the pool or exercise facilities. Continental breakfast was fine for us.
Complimentary lemonade & coffee in the lobby was a bonus.
We brought our bikes, so we rode by Arlington National Cemetery, then across the bridge to DC. ..... (2 mile ride) & saw all main monuments in a day.
The evening we arrived we were able to walk a block & 1/2 to watch the U.S. Marine Corp Sunset Parade. It is only on Tuesday evenings, yet very cool to watch.
We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear baseballmom70,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to hear that you are looking forward to your return visit. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our friendly and helpful staff and the spaciousness of our suites. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast as well as our complimentary coffee and lemonade in the lobby.

On behalf of all of us here at the Virginian Suites we look forward to your return visit!

Canton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed over the July 4th holiday which of course was very busy and crowded. However we never heard any noise from outside or other guests. Our room was very clean and nice. We had a problem with the beds in our room they really need replaced and the breakfast at the hotel which did not consist of any hot items is $6 a person. I find that unreasonable for cereal and a few other things. If you want to unload your luggage you have to drive to the back of the hotel there is a ramp there so you don't have to carry it up the steps in the lobby. The hotel staff was very friendly. They have a shuttle that takes you to the metro stop which is very helpful. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: You can not see DC from any of the rooms which I was under the understanding that you could.
Love2travel868,

On behalf of my entire team I would like to thank you for spending your 4th of July with us and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am happy to learn that you would stay with us again and that our friendly staff and our clean and quiet rooms are a big part of that decision. I am also happy to hear that you used our shuttle and found it to be very convenient. I am sorry you didn't find the beds in your room comfortable.

We look forward to your return trip from Canton, Ohio!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I actually ended up at this hotel after checking in at a different hotel and immediately leaving (I won't say where, but you can find it in my reviews). This place was an "on-the fly" choice, and I was absolutely delighted!

The rooms are not super-modern, but certainly up to snuff otherwise. The location is safe, and it's a very short walk to Arlington Cemetery. I was more impressed with the price of the (kitchen equipped) suite in relation to proximity to attractions and the Rosslyn Area. FYI- Rosslyn is packed full of great food and drink, and does not come with the crazy, tourist-ey feel of other areas in the DC metro.

Oh- and they have a shuttle service to the Metro stop. The drivers are very nice.

The breakfasts are pretty good, and the staff is a pleasure to encounter. I've stayed at many other hotels, but never in this area (and never in this place)- but I'll be certain to come back to this little secret to see if my positive experience remains consistent.

If you're looking for an executive-suite experience, this is not the place. If you're interested in a comfortable, safe, and affordable- well above average stay, give the Virginian a go.

Room Tip: Online booking seems to be the most affordable way to get a deal. Desk prices are different.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Alicia S,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing your review. I am thrilled to hear that you were absolutely delighted with your "on the fly" choice and I am very happy that you have discovered us and that you consider us a comfortable, safe and affordable choice. I appreciate all your nice comments regarding our convenient location, our shuttle services, our breakfast as well as our friendly staff.
On behalf of our entire team we look forward to your return visit where we can have the opportunity to keep your positive experience consistent.

-Eda Marzolo
Ohio, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were greeted with the nicest, most helpful staff!!! Customer Service is key when you are in a town you have not stayed in!! The room was spacious and clean, we were able to spread out after long days of walking and make a snack with out being all over each other. Convenient location to Metro too!! All in all, it "made our trip to DC"!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear 414Darrow,
I am more than thrilled to hear that our hospitality made your trip to DC! This is a big compliment and I thank you very much for staying with us and for writing this wonderful review. I appreciate your nice comments regarding our spacious and clean suites as well as our convenient location.

On behalf of all of us here at the Virginian Suites we look forward to your return visit in the near future!

Bryan, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Only a mile or two from Arlington National Cemetery and close to other DC landmarks. Also close to airport. Room was large with full kitchen and large bath. Excellent breakfast. Hotel needed a little updating but overall it was great and the price was very reasonable. It was convenient to restaurants and Whole Foods. There is a fee for parking, but that is with almost all hotels in the city. We also found it a little confusing to get to, but the GPS took us right to it. The staff was friendly and we would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Retach36,
Thank you for staying with us and for writing your review. I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating. I appreciate your comments regarding our convenient location, spacious suites with full kitchens and our excellent breakfast.
On behalf of all of us here at the Virginian Suites, we look forward to your return visit from Bryan, Texas!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I've stayed at Virginian Suites for a few times and this time, I feel compelled to write a review. I'd like to start with the positives first. The hotel has very competitive rates, the government offers room and ride package (car rental), includes dinners Mon-Thur (optional pizza Wed) and breakfast. The cleaning service is great, and one of the hotel staff, Ryan was outstanding in how he resolved an issue. My rental car did not arrive on time, so he got a driver with a comfortable vehicle and the hotel took care of the expense. This was indeed a great way he made up for the inconvenience and this I appreciate very much. The hotel's rooms are adequate, not overly new. The elevators are a bit slow for the amount of guests in the building, and the work-around is taking the stairways. The great thing about the hotel is the location. The quality of breakfast is so-so. A lot of pre-packaged sandwiches, yogurt, bagels, fruit and boiled eggs. The internet is slow and drops a few times. The hotel is sufficent and has it's goods and bads. I would stay here again, depending on what my itinerary calls. There is room for improvement in service although there are a lot of hard workers in place. Accuracy needs to be improved, but all in all, if I rate it, I would give it 3.5 stars but b/c of the value I'm upping it to 4. The bed is very comfortable and I also like the closet/hallway where I can dress as soon as I get out of the shower. More hangers and dressers would help with storage as well and a possible installation of faster elevators!! Keep those smiles up and improving the services!!

Room Tip: Get a 1-bedroom suite if you can. More space and privacy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear BoTravels,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing your review. I am very pleased to hear that you found our rates very competitive, the beds comfortable and our location convenient. The Room and Ride package is very popular and I am glad to hear that you found it suitable for your visit. I just shared your nice comments with Ryan and he can't stop smiling. I am very happy that he resolved the vehicle issue to your satisfaction. I would like to ensure you that we will take all your suggestions into consideration so that we can provide you with superior service next time you stay with us.

On behalf of all of us at the Virginian Suites we look forward to your next visit from Florida.

emarzolo@virginiansuites.com

Been to Virginian Suites Arlington? Share your experiences!