Overall it was a great stay. I'll start with the positives. The room was wonderful. The bed was extremely comfortable with a pillow top mattress. There was a dressing room, two closets,dresser, and a full kitchen with a stove and full size refrigerator. It was fully stocked with pots/pans, dishes, even down to salt and pepper. There was a full size desk and a sitting room with a couch, coffee table, and TV. It was very clean and comfortable. The location was close to the city and a 10 minute walk to the metro and Arlington Cemetery. A 5 minute walk gave us a view of the Washington Monument where we watched the fireworks on the 4th of July. The front desk was very accommodating in calling a taxi and cost was minimal to get a ride to the metro ($6). It is only a 10 minute or less ride to the monuments and the metro runs every 12 minutes.
Negatives - hotel charges $12 a day for parking (not mentioned on website). If you are handicapped you can't get to the front desk from the front entrance (but you can park near the ramp behind the hotel and come down the elevator. You can't wheel a cart to the front door to unload since there are several steps so you have to carry your bags up the steps to the cart. Breakfast was "ok" but the only coffee choice is french roast, food choices other than fruit were mostly packaged fare and I think there is a charge if you are not a Choice customer (I heard someone say they paid but I am a Choice Rewards member). There are no ice machines, you have to empty the provided ice cube trays in your freezer and refill (I had forgotten how hard they are to twist and empty since I have an ice maker at home).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet Virginian Suites Arlington. Loaded with personality, this exceptional hotel features one-bedroom and studio suites in a highly desirable location, just minutes from downtown DC and closer to Arlington National Cemetery than any other hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Virginian Suites Arlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virginian Suites Arlington Hotel Arlington
- Virginian Hotel Arlington
- The Virginian Hotel