“Awesome Hospitality and Excellent Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Arlington, Virginia
“Awesome Hospitality and Excellent Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is a wonderful hotel to stay in while traveling. My room was very clean and spacious. The staff here is very helpful with great attitudes. I would reccomend this hotel before any other hotel here. Great customer service is a plus.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Lovely1983,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am delighted to hear that not only you had a great stay with us, but you would also recomend us to your friends and family. I really apreciate your positive comments about our staff and the cleanliness and spaciousness of our suites.

Thank you again for this great feedback and we look forward to your return visit.

Warmest Regards,
-Eda Marzolo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Turkish first
Oakland, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great place to stay with family. Seems like used to be apartments & now converted to hotel. Spacious rooms w/ kitchen, dining area, living room area, & separate bedroom. Nice if you want to be away from kids. Sofabed in LR. Bathrooms are small though. Convenient shuttle to Metro, but can walk it if you like. Convenient to D.C., surrounding attractions, and within walking distance to local restaurants & convenience stores. Was a confusing to locate by GPS, which took me to locked back door entrance. Wished we could've enjoyed the pool but too tired from touring D.C. Would definitely stay here again and would stay longer to enjoy Arlington.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for exactly what type of bed you want, i.e. King, Queens, or doubles. Suites are...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Baddboyzmom,

Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your feedback. You are right, we used to be an apartment building and the spaciousness of the suites with the full sized kitchens sure do give that away. I appreciate your positive comments about our convenient location and the complimentary shuttle.
We would love to have you stay with us again. Please contact me directly with any future reservations so that my team and I can ensure your next stay with us is as comfortable and relaxing as possible.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards,
E-mail: emarzolo@virginiansuites.com
Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Very good size room, with lots of space for a family of four. I had a booking for 2 queen beds, and after checking-in, I discovered it was 2 double beds. After making a complaint at the front desk, the supervisor, Eda, was very good at her job in making the customer happy. She upgraded me to a bigger and better room at the same rates.

The location to the metro is ideal, just a 5 minute walk and the shuttle service provided by the hotel is every 15 minutes from Mon to Fri. Getting to Washington was very convenient.

The only thing that was not good is the air-conditioner. It wasn't cool enough and made the room stuffy. I had no choice but to leave the windows opened even though it was cold outside.

Overall, a comfortable stay and I would return again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear C L,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review the Virginian Suites. My team and I work very hard to meet and exceed you expectations so I am very glad I was able to place you in a bigger and better room! I appreciate your comments about our complimentary shuttle to and from the metro station. It is very convenient if you don't feel like walking to the metro. We also take you grocery shopping Monday-Friday at 6PM (to Safeway and Whole Foods). Having a full kitchen can save a family of four a lot of money when visiting the DC area.
Please contact me directly with any future reservations so that I can make sure your next stay if flawless!

On behalf of everyone here at the Virginian Suites, we look forward to your next visit from Canada!

Warmest Regards,
E-mail: emarzolo@virginiansuites.com
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

This hotel met our needs 100%. We where looking for a nice room, with space to sit and chill, as well as a Kitchenette. Cleanliness and maintenance are huge for us, so this was another factor to take into consideration when choosing this hotel. If you are looking for a hip, downtown hotel, with bar and restaurant, this is not a choice. This is a hotel for extended stays or families (and couples) who want to save money by cooking meals in the room and enjoy time down in their room. The Metro station is walking distance, and if you prefer not to walk, the hotel offers a great shuttle service to and from. As well, there is a Metro us route right in front of the hotel. The Rosslyn area has restaurants, supermarkets and services, plus the Metro station is a hub where you can take the Subway, MetroBus and Circulator. The hotel also offers supermarket runs with their shuttle every day, a plus if you do not want to walk with all the bags of grocery for 10 minutes.
The staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs, really providing exceptional customer service. I liked the complementary coffee and tea service in the lobby and evening cookies. The hotel is clean and well maintained. It is an older building, but you can see they have kept on top of the improvements. The room was spacious, very clean, fully serviced and comfortable.
I recommend it for a very budget friendly stay in the DC area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Arepa3000,
Thank you for staying with us and for writing your review. I am delighted to hear that we met your needs 100%! I also appreciate your positive comments about our housekeeping and maintenance staff, the convenience of our location, the spaciousness of our suites and the attentiveness of our staff.
Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit from Toronto.

Warmest Wishes,
Naperville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a old dorm-like building converted into a hotel. The carpets have a very old look, the heater has no controls in the room and the room kind of gives you a old look overall. Do not expect anything like Holiday-Inn or Best-Western. However, all the rooms have kitchen with toaster, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. The bathroom has been revamped and looks good. The hot water, water pressure is no problem. Breakfast is not included with the room unless you have it in your package. There is complimentary coffee, fruits and evening cookies to take. The shuttle service is provided to Rosslyn Metro but you can take a walk on the over-bridge provided the weather is good. The staff is not great but satisfactory.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Good location, plenty of space, great staff, free shuttle to subway, fully equipped kitchen, simple breakfast, which you do not really need since you have kitchen. I would stay there again. Great for families. Small things like tea and coffee and oranges/apples in the lobby made our stay very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Igorek007, Thank you so much for this excellent review! I am delighted to hear that we not only met, but also exceeded you expectations.
On behalf of all of us here at the Virginian Suites, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ramat Gan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

It seams the right solution for those who like to come back to their hotel room, cook their dinner using the groceries they bought nearby and go to bed.
The jim is basic, but good enough.
There is no 220v even at the shower room.
The location is not that great - you need to take the hotel shuttle to get to the next metro station. Nothing close except for a diner and a supermarket.

No bar at the lobby.

So, it depends on you preferences. I prefer a smaller room downtown.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Mr. Ori A, Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write you review. We strive to provide the best customer service at a convenient location for an excellent price. A lot of our guests either work in DC or are here to visit all the monuments and museums in the area. We probably failed to mention to you that there is a bar just a 5 minute walk from our hotel that stays open until 2AM. If you do give us another chance I would love to work with you directly to ensure your next stay is more memorable. I am including my e-mail address so that you can email me directly with any future reservations.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Virginian Suites very soon!

e-mail: emarzolo@virginiansuites.com

Been to Virginian Suites Arlington? Share your experiences!