“Perfect location for Arlington Ceremony” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
“Perfect location for Arlington Ceremony”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Prior to our resent visit we had stayed at the Virginian Suites twice before while chaperoning Spanish exchange students. The price and location were perfect for a site seeing weekend.

Our family stayed at recently for the weekend for a military burial at Arlington. The rate we received was wonderful, the location was perfect for making the trip to the church and cemetery very easy. The staff was very accommodating and the large suite rooms were perfect for our family to visit and relax together without having to go out every night. We are looking forward to visiting often; this is our go to hotel in DC.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Eda M, Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Cosmic140,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Virginian Suites, Arlington. It is very nice to know that our convenient location, large suites and helpful staff made your stay as pleasant and relaxing as possible. I am proud that our proximity to Arlington Cemetery allows us the privilege and honor to support the families of our country's soldiers.

On behalf of our team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,
-Eda Marzolo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Turkish first
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

In a tree-lined, residential neighborhood - probably was an apartment house at one time. I just love this hotel. It is warm and inviting (working fireplace in the lobby), service was instantaneous every single time, every employee was friendly, personable and eager to help without hovering or being annoying. Large room, 2 queen beds and much room to spare. Separate kitchen, walk in closet, dressing area, desk/table work/eat area. A wonderful coffee setup in the lobby, ice water, too, with lemons in it. Those little touches - so nice. a computer setup on our 8th floor off the hallway. A lovely breakfast area and an extensive choice of goodies. Shuttle to and from the Metro, or it's close enough to walk. The price is so reasonable, you wonder what the catch is. I'll never stay anywhere else when going to D.C.

Room Tip: Higher the better, on the driveway side...spectacular view at night of all the lights
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear 1237maggie,

Wow! Thank you for your wonderful feedback and your recent stay!

I am delighted to learn that our attention to detail has not gone unnoticed. I appreciate your comments about our room amenities, business center, breakfast, complimentary shuttle to the metro station and the grocery store and most importantly the attentiveness of our team. Just like yourself, many of our guests appreciate the spaciousness of our suites, which are significantly larger than those of other hotels in the area.

On behalf of everyone at the Virginian Suites, we can't wait to welcome you back!

Exeter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This hotel was just about perfect in every way. The price was very reasonable, the facility was immaculate and very well maintained, although obviously an older building. The staff went out of their way to treat us as valued guests. I have never felt so pampered!! The location was perfect - close to everything you could need. The kitchen in the room is wonderful and helps save money as you can cook in your room instead of eating out. The breakfast served each morning was to die for! Couldn't think of anything else I could have wanted for breakfast. Fitness room, sauna, and pool are great extras. The free shuttle to various places was awesome! A metro station is within walking distance but a ride now and then is appreciated. The room was very quiet - no extraneous inside or outside noises. The beds were heavenly. I could have stayed in bed all day. This was our third stay here and we will not consider any other hotel than Virginian Suites.

Room Tip: We loved being up high and near the elevator. The view was awesome, especially at night. Had a dou...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear SunflowerDay,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am thrilled that you decided to stay with us again and that you now consider the Virginian Suites to be your #1 hotel in the DC area.
I appreciate your kind comments about our staff, location, amenities, breakfast and all the "great extras. As far as our complimentary weekday shuttle service goes, in addition to trips to the metro station and the Safeway grocery store, it will be making trips to Whole Foods every Tuesday and Thursday at 6PM. Just one more reason to love our full kitchens!

On behalf of our team, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon so that we can get the chance to make you feel pampered again!

Warmest Regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I lived at the Virginian Suites for four months and had a mediocre experience.

The bad: The walls are very thin and often heard far more than I ever wanted to from other rooms. Our shower drain rarely worked, even though we had it fixed several times. The facilities were not very modern, and the pool closed when it was still 90 degrees out. Really, the most frustrating part was the internet. Or the lack of it, I should stay. I had zero connection from the bedroom. From the living room, it took hours to even check my email most of the time. I had to go to coffee shops to get work done (or stream Netflix).

The good: The rooms are very big and the cleaning service was very helpful. The staff was really the only reason I did not have a terrible experience. Connor Dunlavy, in particular, handled my complaints extremely professionally. The staff was always kind when my key card became deactivated, which was frequent. The shuttle bus drivers were also very friendly and personable.

Overall, I would recommend the hotel to families who want to save money. It's very spacious and the kitchens are nice to have.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Brittany B, Guest Services Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Hello there! We really appreciate the feedback on your stay at the Virginian Suites Arlington. Thank you for the great comments on the spaciousness of the suites and the housekeeping service, as well as our shuttle drivers. Also, I love hearing compliments on our front desk staff, in this case Conor in particular. He really enjoyed interacting with you and your group, I'll be sure to pass on your kind words.

However, I am sad to hear that you found your experience at our hotel to be mediocre overall. Our walls are actually very thick and sturdy, so I am startled to hear that you had an issue with noise from other rooms. I am sorry that your shower drain had multiple issues, if it was an ongoing issue we could have looked into possibly moving you to a new suite entirely (especially since you were with us for such a long period of time).

Regarding our pool, we maintain the same seasonal hours as other properties in the area with outdoor pools: it is open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. I do apologize if this was an inconvenience for you during your time with us, but it is a safety precaution for our guests.

As for the wireless internet, I am sorry that you had problems connecting. We did have high occupancy this past fall, and multiple users on the network will slow it down (especially at night time, when more guests are using the wifi). Streaming services are limited and at times even banned due to the large amount of bandwidth it uses, so this would explain the trouble you were having with watching Netflix. I do hope that you reported your connectivity issues to our staff so we could put you in touch with our tech support team.

We appreciate any additional feedback you may have for us. You are more than welcome to contact me (Brittany, Guest Services Manager) at bbowers@virginiansuites.com with any other information you'd like to share. Thank you, and we hope to hear from you soon!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

The Virginian Suites was a very nice place to stay: cozy rooms, decent breakfast, and exceedingly nice staff. My stay lasted roughly four months, and I regularly found myself engaged in jovial conversation with people at the front desk. Conor Dunlavy, in particular, was a great guy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Brittany B, Guest Services Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Greetings to you! Thank you so much for being with us for your four month stay, it sounds like you felt right at home here! Our front desk staff loves to talk with our guests, we do what we can to ensure that you are having a pleasant stay. Thank you for the great comments on our front desk agent Conor, it sounds like he really left a great impression on you and I'm glad that he played a part in making your stay enjoyable. We hope you come back and see us again someday! Thanks again for choosing the Virginian Suites!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

If you want or need to be near Arlington National Cemetery this is it! We were at the gate of the base in literally minutes ! The rooms are spacious with full equipped kitchens . Parking was $12 a day & you can purchase breakfast for $6. They let us leave the car on check out day & take the complimentary shuttle to the circulator ($1) in to sight see. Staff is very nice . We will return to my fathers grave site & stay again. We had about 6-7 family members book there & I got compliments on the choice

Stayed December 2013
Hello there, I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Virginian Suites Arlington! If you have an event at Arlington National Cemetery, our property is the perfect spot to be. We are the closest hotel to the cemetery! It sounds like the suites you were in worked out for your stay in addition to our location. Also, we really appreciate hearing such great comments about our staff! Thanks again for your nice review, we hope to hear from you again someday!
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

It is not the most modern place, but the staff is helpful. You also get a full kitchen. The metro is a few blocks away, but they also run a shuttle to it if you don't feel like walking. There is also a daily shuttle to NFATC. The room and ride program is also great!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Brittany B, Guest Services Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Happy holidays to you! We really appreciate your wonderful review on your stay at the Virginian Suites Arlington. I love hearing the compliments on our staff, they are truly the heart and soul of this place! The in-house amenities such as the full kitchen are a big plus, especially for a long term stay. Government workers can really feel at home here! The room and ride package is great for those that would like to include a car with their per diem rate. Also, our location makes getting around the DC area a very easy task, whether you are walking, Metro-ing, or driving! Thanks for choosing us for your trip, we're excited to see you again soon here at the Virginian Suites!

Been to Virginian Suites Arlington? Share your experiences!