“Full Kitchens in Every Unit” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #11 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Dallas, Texas
“Full Kitchens in Every Unit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Love how you can get 4-5 star quality so very close to the Marine Corps Marathon area. I booked this hotel for my family. The staff was excellent and very knowledgeable of the surrounding area, especially restaurants. The rooms were nice. Never had or could think of any types of complaints. Thank you for making my first stay in the DC area enjoyable!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Brittany B, Guest Services Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing the Virginian Suites Arlington for your first trip to the DC area! I am so happy that our hotel was perfect for your visit. We are in the best location if you are participating in the Marine Corps Marathon, we're only a 5 minute walk from the finish line! Thanks also for the great comments regarding our staff. We work very hard to ensure that our guests are having a good time, and this includes knowing as much about the surrounding area as we can! We would love to have you come back and visit us again sometime, please keep in touch!

488 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Turkish first
FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel was a great price and very very clean. The rooms were simple but great and the staff was extremely friendly! They run a free shuttle from the hotel to the Rosslyn metro which makes getting around the District incredibly easy. I would definitely recommend staying here to any of my friends!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brittany B, Guest Services Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hi there! We really appreciate your great review on your experience at the Virginian Suites Arlington. I especially love the fact that you recognized our amazing staff! We get a lot of compliments on their hospitality, so I thank you very much for adding to that list. We also enjoy it when guests comment on just how clean the hotel is, I'll be sure to pass that on to our housekeeping department! Also, I'm glad that you got to use our complimentary hotel shuttle to the Rosslyn Metro station; many other guests agree that it is a very valuable amenity for us to provide! Again, we thank you for your kind words, please come back and see us soon at the Virginian Suites.
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

LOL, I'm not sure if this is the norm, but they have a Pizza night, which is pretty cool! There was a night when the fire alarm got pulled, at around 12 am, but I dont think thats their fault.

Nice large room, with Kitchen, but they need more outlets, I hate having to look for outlets in my hotel rooms.

The staff was excellent.

TV's were nice, bed was ok. Id look forward to another stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brittany B, Guest Services Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hello there, and thanks for staying with the Virginian Suites Arlington on your recent trip to DC! I'm glad you got to partake in our Pizza Party! It is held every Wednesday night in our Potomac Club from 5:30pm to 7:00pm and all guests are welcome to attend. It's also great to hear that you enjoyed your suite and the staff of the hotel as well.

I do apologize that you were inconvenienced by the fire alarm that went off late one night during your stay. It turned out to be a false alarm, so we are glad that everything was ok. Also, you are not the first guest to mention something about the outlets in the rooms. As the need for technology increases, guests are using devices more and more, thus creating the need for more outlets! This is something that our engineering staff will be looking into.

Thanks again, we are looking forward to seeing you again here at the Virginian Suites!
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great Hotel, very nice rooms, the shuttle service to rosslyn metro was excellent I use it all the time. great free coffee all day and cookies in afternoon. the lemonade was also tasty. All staff were helpfull good TVs

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Greetings to you! Thank you very much for your kind words on your stay at the Virginian Suites Arlington. I'm glad that you enjoyed the suite you stayed in, as well as our complimentary shuttle service to the Metro (it really does come in handy!). We get a lot of compliments on our coffee in the lobby, my personal favorite is the Cafe Kilimanjaro; plus, it is a nice side to our cookies served in the evening! We also appreciate your comments towards our staff, they are all here to serve and ensure that you are enjoying your stay. Thank again for your great review, we hope to see you here for another visit!
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Coming back to Virginian suites as I have done countless times in 25 years is like coming home. Why home? . Because it is so friendly. There is an energy and excitement in the staff. I have to acknowledge Karen and Saktah who were outstanding behind the desk. Helpful, friendly, fun. The location is superb in inner Arlington near Iwo Jima memorial. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. I left something in the room safe. I knew it would be safe and it arrived in Colorado two days later.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Oh wow, thank you so much for the great review! I am so happy that we've been your home in the DC area for the past 25 years. It sounds like our location and rooms really work well for you during your trips. Also, I'm glad that we were able to recover the item left in your suite and get it shipped back to you safe and sound.

In addition to the comments about our hotel, I really enjoy hearing such nice things about our staff. Thank you for recognizing Karen and Saktah as staff that really made your most recent stay memorable. They are just a sample of the amazing people we have working here!

Thank you again for the review, we can't wait to see you again on your next visit!
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice for business. The prices are decent for the area, and always are within per diem rates. The Metro is a 10-15 minute walk, and they have shuttles that run during peak transit times. I believe the place used to be an apartment building, many of the rooms are one-bedroom suites, decently updated. There is no restaurant, but the front desk has the info on dozens of places that will deliver. There is a convenience store about 5 minutes away that is open until midnight and does carry a good selection of beer and wine.

For certain travelers, I recommend the Room and Ride package that, for the cost of max per diem, will include a rental car in the room rate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brittany B, Guest Services Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Greetings to you! We appreciate you coming back to us for both of your business trips! Our property is especially convenient for the many government workers that come to the area, since we provide per diem rates. I'm glad you mentioned our Room & Ride package, it is a great perk since you get a rental car while maintaining the government per diem rate! However, our property is convenient if you don't have a car as well, since we are located so close to the Rosslyn Metro station. Our hotel shuttle to the Metro helps out a lot too!

You are correct in that we do not have a restaurant on site. However, there are many restaurants within walking distance to our hotel, and we are more than happy to offer personal recommendations on eateries as well as delivery options!

Take care, and we are looking forward to your next visit here at the Virginian Suites Arlington.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights. The location is right beside Arlington Cemetery. The hotel is easy access to the Metro (free shuttle door to door). The rooms are very spacious and well equipped. The walls are getting a little dated and a lot of the wall plugs need replacing, but other then that I really enjoyed me stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brittany B, Guest Services Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hello! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here at the Virginian Suites Arlington! Our location works out well for seeing all the attractions that the DC area has to offer, including Arlington National Cemetery. Being so close to a Metro station is helpful too, and even more so with our complimentary shuttle that operates Monday-Friday! We appreciate your kind words on our suites, thank you for the comments on the space and included amenities. I sincerely apologize for the issues you had regarding the wall electrical outlets, I hope our engineering staff were able to fix those for you during your stay! Please come back and see us again sometime, we are looking forward to your next visit.

Been to Virginian Suites Arlington? Share your experiences!