“Spacious rooms close to Georgetown” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #11 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Spacious rooms close to Georgetown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the last week of July. We saved a lot of money by staying just outside D.C. but within walking distance to Metro (Rosslyn), approx. 10 minutes. We had a studio suite for a family of four (two Queen beds). Very spacious, although a bit worn down and stuffed with too much furniture. The swimming pool was a definite plus for the kids. The kitchen was also convenient. Nice and helpful staff. Shuttle service to Rosslyn metro available. Supermarket (Safeway) available close by. Walking over the Key bridge to Georgetown (from the hotel) is approx. 30 min.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brittany B, Guest Services Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Hello! We are so glad that you and your family chose us for your visit to the DC area! It sounds like the size of the suite really worked out well for you. The kitchens in our suites are a huge plus, especially for families visiting us! It cuts down on costs to make your own meals instead of going out to eat all the time. The pool is a great summer amenity, I'm sure your kids loved it! Location wise, we are in a great spot. Having the Rosslyn Metro station, as well as grocery stores and restaurants nearby is very convenient for our guests. Also, being able to walk to the historic Georgetown neighborhood from here is amazing! Thank you for the great review, and we hope to hear from you again soon here at the Virginian Suites!

487 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have just returned from a short stay at the hotel and was thrilled with both the location and service. The first evening ... though pretty tired after a 13 hour flight ... we walked across to a wonderful pizza restaurant (opposite Safeway!). There is SO much choice of food within a very short walk. This is convenient for the highways when travelling with friends by car and the shuttle to the Metro was very helpful (tho' I have to admit, I never managed to connect with it for the return trip!).

Coming from Dulles, take the 5A to Rosslyn and then either walk or a $5 taxi ... SO convenient!!

My room was good ... clean etc. and good facilities. The Internet was a bit flaky during my visit but the staff were very apologetic and sympathetic (this was a business trip so still trying to "keep up" with work!).

Breakfast was straight-forward and plenty of choice. A little bit too much "packaging" for my "eco-sensitivity" but I imagine this keeps costs down!

All in all, I was very happy ... and that's what matters! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Greetings to you! Thank you for staying with us here at the Virginian Suites Arlington. I am so glad to hear that the location of the hotel worked out perfectly for your stay! As you indicated, we are very close to the Rosslyn Metro station (both by walking or using our hotel shuttle), as well as multiple restaurants. If you are in a car, it's even better due to the quick access to local highways. Also, I'm glad you mentioned the 5A bus to/from Dulles airport, it's what I use all the time to get there! Plus, it is cheap at only $6 compared to a taxi ride at $60+. I am very sorry that the internet wasn't up to par during your time with us, I hope that didn't delay your work too much! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time here at our property, please stay in touch to make a new reservation! Take care, and thanks for choosing the Virginian Suites Arlington.
Edison, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here one night with the family. Staff were very friendly. Very impressed until I got to my floor. The hallways smelled. I thought it was someone just cooking until I left the next morning and the smell was still in the hallway. We stayed in a 2 bed suite. The room was spacious and that was the best part of the room. The pool was new and my children enjoyed it. It was fine until my husband and I encountered a very large unwanted pest that ran across the floor until my husband killed it. Not very handicapped friendly. I will not stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brittany B, Guest Services Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hello there, thank you very much for the feedback on your recent stay with us. We really appreciate your kind words towards our staff, as well as the size of our suites and our pool. However, I am saddened to hear that there were other aspects of your stay that you did not enjoy. I'm sorry that there was an odor in the hallway, most of the time these smells are actually coming from guests' cooking (the guests really enjoy using the full size kitchen in the rooms, especially if they love to cook!). Also, I apologize for the bug issue that you encountered in your room, this is not typical of our hotel at all. I hope that you were able to notifiy the front desk staff right away about that, so that we could take care of it for you as soon as possible. As for the handicap accessibility of the building, we do have an accessible entrance off of the fourth floor of the hotel. It has a ramp and there is a straight shot to the elevators on that level, I apologize if that information was not communicated to you. Also, we have some accessible suites available for guests that need them. I do hope you reconsider visiting us again, please do not hesitate to give me (Brittany, Guest Services Manager) a call at 703-522-9600. We can discuss making a new reservation, as well as look into booking an accessible suite if necessary. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My stay was very relaxing. Though a lot of the appliances in the suite could use upgrading, my stay was very good. I received wonderful service at the front desk from Karen Taylor and Edwin Hernandez.

• Stayed August 2013
Greetings, I'm glad to hear that you had a relaxing stay at the Virginian Suites Arlington! It's great to know that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you very much for the lovely comments regarding our front desk staff. Karen and Edwin have been told about your kind words, we all really appreciate your feedback! We hope to see you again soon here at the Virginian Suites.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We just got back from four days in Washington D.C and stayed at Virginian Suites. This hotel looks like a converted apartment building, probably built in the 50s. We stayed in a 2 queen bed studio suite. The room we had had updated furniture and was very spacious. This was the best part was the size of the room, we were a family of four and found it big enough for all 4 of us to find a little space in between trips to DC. The staff was nice and courteous, we generally enjoyed our visit. We got free breakfast (I am not sure if everyone gets free breakfast, they told us we got it because we were choicehotel members), it was pretty good. The walk to the metro was not bad but we did it probably 8 times so it got a little old, its probably 1/2 mile and takes 10-15 minutes. we only discovered the free shuttle to the metro the last day (which was nice and efficient the one time we took it).

If you are into the fit and finish of a hotel, this is probably not the place for you, this place is rough around the edges, I did not find anything functionally wrong, but alot of little things like exposed electrical conduit in our closet, bad paint finish on our molding and walls in the room, etc. This did not really bother me, but it is not something you would see in a newer hotel. Another very annoying thing was the electrical outlets were very "loose" (i.e. if you plugged something in, the plug would fall out very easily). We stayed here because of the size of the room for our family, we could have stayed at the Hyatt or Le Meridian which are newer and closer to the metro station for the roughly the same price but stayed here because of this.

Room Tip: Ask for updated room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello there, thank you for the great review on the Virginian Suites Arlington! I am so glad to hear that your family enjoyed your stay, especially having the large suite! As you stated, the size works out very well for families wanting some extra room. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our continental breakfast, as well as our shuttle service (the shuttle operates Monday through Friday from 6:30am-2:00pm and 4:30pm-9:00pm). Otherwise, it is only a 10 minute walk to the Metro (plus you get a view of the National Mall!). I am sorry that the electrical outlets were not working properly for you, I hope that one of our engineers were able to fix the problem that you were having. We hope that you come back to us sometime! Thanks again for choosing the Virginian Suites.
MANSFIELD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel location is close to the Metro and the shuttle was pretty reliable. The room was large but was in need of some TLC. The gas stove only had 2 working elements and the kettle's handle was broken. The dishwasher couldn't close properly either. The bathroom was very small with a tiny pedestal sink, not good for a family. The hotel entrance does not have a ramp so guests have to lift all their suitcases up stairs to get to the front desk and elevators. The breakfast was good for a continental.

• Stayed July 2013
Good day to you, and thank you for choosing the Virginian Suites Arlington for your recent visit! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, and that you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service. Also, we appreciate your compliments on our continental breakfast! However, I am sorry to hear that there were some aspects of your stay that you did not enjoy. I do apologize for the items in your kitchen that weren't working, I hope our engineering staff was able to fix them for you. You are correct in the fact that the main entrance to our hotel does not have a ramp, but our staff is more than happy to assist with luggage help. Also, we do have an accessible entrance with parking located off of the 4th floor entrance to the hotel, there is a ramp there and it is a straight shot from the entrance to the elevator. I do apologize if that information was not communicated to you. I hope that you consider returning to us at some point in the future, please give us a call at 703-522-9600 if you are interested in making a future reservation. Thanks again, and we look forward to hearing from you here at the Virginian Suites!
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Everyplace in this facility was malodorous: the hallways, elevators, and my room. I had to put my hand over my face to avoid gagging. There were chips on the floor of my room when I first entered, There were bugs, mosquitoes everywhere -- by the computers, in the conference rooms. We saw a toddler wearing diapers in the pool and then had the pleasure of viewing his father change his diaper poolside. The place is a "food desert" with few options. I would not have gone to this place voluntarily [it was for business] and I would never go again.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brittany B, Guest Services Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Greetings to you, and thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Virginian Suites Arlington. I sincerely apologize for the fact that you did not enjoy your time with us. I do hope that you stopped by the front desk to see if there was a way to remedy whatever it was you saw wrong. Whenever there is a guest issue we are more than happy to fix it, as long as we are made aware of the situation. Regarding your comment referring to our hotel being a "food desert," we are actually close to a good variety of restaurants, including one that is only a five minute walk away. We also have our complimentary hotel shuttle that is able to take guests to the local Metro stop, which has a lot of restaurants nearby. Again, I am sorry that you didn't care for our property. You are more than welcome to give me a call at the hotel (my name is Brittany, I'm the Guest Services Manager) at 703-522-9600 so we can further discuss your experience. Thank you for your review, I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Been to Virginian Suites Arlington? Share your experiences!