“Back to the V Suites” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Washington DC
“Back to the V Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is apparently a favorite for the company booking my business reservations to DC, as they have sent me back to the Virginian Suites in the last 4 months. I don't mind since I have had great experience while lodging in this property and its starting to be a favorite for me too.

I'll make it brief. It's more bang for your buck. You don't get as much room (suites) and service with the rates offered by the Virginian for any other hotel in DC (specially in DC). It's not the most modern hotel but its offers a peaceful and clean stay. (you can always walk down the street for a $400 room at the hyatt).

Finally I will like to mention the great accessibility of staff on solving some minor issue, which were quickly resolved.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brittany B, Guest Services Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Greetings to you, and thanks for staying at the Virginian Suites of Arlington over the past few months! I am glad to hear that our property has worked out very well for you and your company. I agree that with us you do get more "bang for your buck." Our suites are a great size, perfect for a quick business trip or a longer stay with your family. I'm glad that you found our hotel to be peaceful and clean, I'll be sure to let our housekeeping staff know of your nice comments! Thank you again for choosing us for your stay, and we hope you come back to us soon!

534 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
Santa Rosa, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

For the price this was an excellent value. For our family of five the accomodations were very roomy and comfortable. Not a new hotel but you are not paying $200+/night either. It felt more like an apartment or condo than a hotel room. Having a pool was great in June. Kids loved it. The breakfast is fine. The front desk was friendly and helpful. Cookies at night. Free beverages 24/7. At first the hotel seems a little far from the sights but after you get your bearings the location is great. We even walked to Georgetown and to the Lincoln memorial but normally took the very efficient metro. Only a couple of blocks from the Rosylyn metro stop. And we used the hotel shuttle many times when out feet were tired to get there. There are plenty of eateries right around the Rosylyn metro if you feel like getting out of the tourist area. The hotel even has a shuttle to Safeway if you want don't want to walk a few extra blocks to get groceries. Will stay here again if we return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brittany B, Guest Services Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Greetings, and thank you for choosing the Virginian Suites Arlington for your visit to DC! I am so glad to hear that you and your family felt right at home in your suite. I'm sure the kids loved having the pool, especially with all the humidity we've been getting! Like you said, our location may seem daunting at first, but once you get to know the area it is so easy to get around. Having the Rosslyn Metro within a 10 minute walk is helpful as well, plus the ability to use our shuttle to get there! Plus, it is great that you did so much walking, especially since places like Georgetown is so close. I'm glad you tried different restaurants in the area as well, they are a nice break from the busy tourist-filled areas of DC. Overall, it sounds like our hotel was the perfect fit for your family's stay! Please come back and visit us again sometime at the Virginian Suites Arlington!
Ottawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Im usually not very picky and can sleep most anywhere, but i do like value for my money. At $150 plus a night i definately got rippd off. This hotel is stuck in the 80's from the minute you walk in. The halls give a hint as to what the room will be like. I had a queen suitewith a pullout, again 'time warp' comes to mind !!! The kitchen was ,extremely small and very outdated.
The shower was pathetic, the pool was.....old, the exercize and mens change room was very oitdated. Ok enough, i think you get the picture.
On the plus side : its location is literally a 1 minute to the Iwo Jimo memorial where the Silent Marine Guard does thier thing, an amazing show, so go see it,but get there at 1.5 hrs early or you wont get a good spot. Bring a chair or blanket as there is no seating .

The hotel also offers Shuttle which run very often to the Rosslyn Centre Metro station.
Your money couldbe better spent at a more modern hotel .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brittany B, Guest Services Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Greetings, and thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at the Virginian Suites Arlington. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel, as well as the complimentary shuttle that can take you from the hotel to the Rosslyn Metro station. However, I am saddened to hear that you feel you didn't get value from your stay.

We have actually been recently renovated, so I am shocked to hear that the hotel had an outdated feel for you. Other guests have given us great compliments on the hotel's new look. You mentioned that the shower was pathetic, I apologize for any issues you may have had; I hope our engineering staff was able to assist you in some way to solve the problem. Also, our guests really enjoy the fitness center and the outdoor pool, I'm sorry that these amenities didn't appeal to you during your time with us.

I do hope that if you decide to come back to the DC area some day, that you give us another chance. If you would like to discuss your stay with us, or are considering the possibility of a future reservation, please give us a call at 703-522-9600. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to hearing from you at the Virginian Suites Arlington.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was in Washington DC this april holidaying with my husband. We book this hotel from expedia.co.in as we found a cheaper than the hotels in areas like foggy bottom etc. We were surprisingly pleased with what we had got. The hotel room was huge for the 2 of us with full kitchenette. We didnt really use it as we were only staying for 1 night at the place. The hotel was 5-6 mins walking from the metro station and jus 5 stops away from the Independence Avenue so we were very well connected to the city centre. Only negative aspect was not enough of vergetarian food joints around the hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello to you, and thank you for the nice review! We appreciate your great comments on the size of our suites, as well as our location. It is a shame that you were only with us for one night, that means you'll have to come back! That way, you can also take advantage of using the kitchen in the suite as well. Our location is great, especially since we are so close to the local Metro stop and some of DC's most well known attractions! My apologies that there wasn't a good selection of vegetarian restaurants in the area, I hope you were able to find a suitable alternative near the hotel. Again, thank you for your review, and we hope to hear from you again at the Virginian Suites Arlington!
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

For the money, the Virginian Suites was excellent. The front desk upon check-in was very friendly. We "upgraded" to a larger room when we booked and it was well worth the money. The kitchen(ette) is nothing to write home about, but the furnishings were up to date, the building and hallways were well lit and clean. We had a family in the room next door and could hear their conversations through the bathroom vent in the morning -- that was the only issue we had. $12 cab ride from DCA makes this the perfect place to fly-in/fly-out.

On a peculiar note, we "pre-paid" for our booking using the Choice Hotels corporate site, but did not see a charge on our card until 2 days after checkout.

Room Tip: Spend the little extra money to get a larger room, upper floors had good views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello there, and thank you for the great review! I'm glad to hear that our accommodations worked out very well for your stay. We appreciate your nice comments regarding our front desk staff at check in and the cleanliness of your suite as well. Our suites have recently been renovated, thank you for noticing! Also, the larger suites work very well for families that stay with us, or if you want something a little more special for your stay, so it's great that you decided to do the upgrade. Thanks again for your kind words, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Virginian Suites Arlington!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was in area to do some casual sightseeing. Hotel has a great location to DC without the downtown madness! My room was unexpectedly LARGE as apparently the building was once apartments. I know that I could not have found any room that size in DC without having to find a second job to pay for it. Rooms are very clean and they have a terrific staff. THANK YOU!

Room Tip: The hotel has a shuttle to the DC Metro Station!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Brittany B, Guest Services Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hello, thanks for your visit to the Virginian Suites! Our hotel is perfect for sightseeing, we are just minutes away from DC without the hassle of actually being downtown. Plus, we are so close to sights such as the Marine Corps Memorial and Georgetown, as well as public transportation (the Rosslyn Metro station), that it is very much worth it to stay here! As you said, our hotel used to be an apartment building, so that is where all the space comes from. We also appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of the rooms, as well as the kind words for our staff. Thank you again, and please keep us in mind for your next visit!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Such an amazing experience staying here for 3 nights while in DC. The service from the moment I arrived until I left was really top notch. The room was spacious and had really great closet space, a really comfortable bed and a pretty nice bathroom. The mini bar was fully stocked with a lot of essentials! It is in a great location and pretty much at the heart of Arlington!

I would for sure add this place to my list to stay when back in DC area !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Greetings to you, and thank you for your review on our hotel, the Virginian Suites! It is nice to hear that you had an amazing experience in DC, and that we added to it. We pride ourselves on guest service, and having such a great product and location helps too! I'm glad that you enjoyed your suite, we always get a lot of compliments on the beds. It sounds like our hotel was perfect for your stay! Please give us a call back when you want to return to DC. Thanks again, we look forward to hearing from you again soon at the Virginian Suites!

Been to Virginian Suites Arlington? Share your experiences!