“Can't beat the price, room size and location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #11 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Rochester, NY
“Can't beat the price, room size and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We travel to the DC area frequently to visit family, and this is our home away from home. Sure, it has warts -- the decor is dated, it can be noisy, drains can run slowly, and sometimes things don't work -- but the price and location are PHENOMENAL. We walk or take buses to all the DC sites. We love the spacious rooms and kitchen, and the beds are heavenly. We prepare our own breakfasts (the convenience store nearby sells basics), so we rarely eat at the restaurant on site. And did I mention the price? In its price range, you won't find anything this close to DC that's as good as the Virginian Suites.

Room Tip: We like a room well above street level so we can enjoy an open window.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brittany B, Guest Services Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Greetings to you, and thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Virginian Suites Arlington. I am glad that the hotel's price range and location worked out really well for your family visit. We are in a great location, since we are walking distance to the Rosslyn Metro station for easy access to DC. I agree with you that our suites are very spacious, they are great for families and/or long term stays! Unfortunately we do not have a restaurant on site at the hotel, however we do provide a continental breakfast in the morning as well as a per diem dinner at night (both at an additional cost). I'm glad that you found some local food options as well! Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!

488 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I booked this hotel for the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run about two weeks ago and I have to say that the hotel itself was the highlight of our trip.
As soon as we walked in we were welcomed by friendly staff who answered all our questions about the city, the monuments, and the restaurants nearby, and of course, where should we go to have a drink. There is like a little town about 5 minute away driving called Clarendon and we had a blast! Tons of bars and restaurant to choose from...
At the hotel, there is free coffee and tea at the lobby at all times. The hallway was clean and cozy. Our room was huge and spotless!. Housekeepers were very friendly and made us feel like home. Awesome service...
Breakfast was great, with lots of different items to choose. They even had Greek yogurt!
Overall we loved the hotel and the staff. Next time we go back to DC, we'll be staying at the Virginian Suites.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi there! Thank you for the amazing review. We are so glad to hear that you had a great time with us, and that the hotel was the highlight of your time in DC! I have to admit that we do in fact have very friendly staff, I'm glad that they were able to assist you during your time with us. It's great that they referred you to the Clarendon area of Arlington, it is a nice spot to grab a drink and dinner! It is also easily accessible via the Rosslyn Metro on the orange line. I'm glad you enjoyed the coffee and tea in the lobby, unfortunately it is not available 24/7 (the station closes down at 10pm every night). Also, we have a very nice continental breakfast served every morning, so it is great that you got to enjoy that as well! Thanks again for your kind words, and we are looking forward to your next visit at the Virginian Suites Arlington.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great location. Will stay again. Very family oriented place. Staffs were very helpful to explain the location and where to go. Front desk people were very friendly. Even manager walked up to us and asked how we doing and need anything. Took his time to explain where to go and how to avoid traffics. Recommended good restaurants and they were awesome. He really had a good stay there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello, and thank you for your nice review on our hotel! I am so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We do get a lot of families that stay with us, so we do our best to ensure that you are all comfortable. Thank you for the comments on our front desk staff, I agree that they are very friendly! Any time a guest has a question, he or she is more than welcome to come talk to the desk. I'm glad you got to experience some of the great local restaurants as well! Again, thank you for your comments, and we hope to see you again soon at the Virginian Suites Arlington!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the location, guest services and feel of our room at the Virginian. My husband and I road tripped it here from Charleston, S.C., once he completed his military orders in order to do some site seeing. This was my first visit to the D.C. area and enjoyed the location of this hotel very much. First, the front desk was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Our room was 905, a studio queen suite, and we loved it! The bed was comfortable and room itself was spacious. The location of this hotel was literally a block or 2 from the Iwo Jima Memorial and about a 12-15minute walk to Arlington National Cemetery. The Metro at Rosslyn was only about a 5-7minute walk as well. Though we stayed during a time where they were also housing a large group of middle school students on a trip, we had no problems with noise, just had to make sure we got the breakfast early otherwise the kids and their staff took over quickly! The breakfast was average, nothing I would probably pay $12 a morning for as our breakfasts were comped. Would be nice if they had a bar or restaurant within the hotel instead of having to order take out our first night and eat in our room. I guess they just figure that everyone will fix their own meals since each room I believe has a kitchen. Overall, great experience at this hotel and we would definitely recommend it and stay here again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brittany B, Guest Services Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Greetings to you, and thank you for your great review on the Virginian Suites of Arlington! I am so glad to hear that our hotel met all of your needs. Our location is perfect when it comes to seeing all the sights of Arlington and DC, including the memorials, museums, and public transportation (the Metro). We really appreciate your great comments for our front desk staff too! They love knowing that they are making your stay even better. You are right in the fact that many of our guests utilize the kitchens to make their own meals, but for those that want to venture out we are more than happy to give restaurant recommendations (there are many amazing places to eat within a 10-15 minutes walk from the hotel, and even across the river in DC!). Thank you again for your recent stay, and we are looking forward to seeing you again!
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My daughter and I came to stay at The Virginian Suites for 3 days following my daughter's surgery. She is a college student in DC and I did not want her recovering in a dorm. I needed a decently priced hotel with a full kitchen to cook her healthy meals for recovery. We also needed a large room as we would be spending 3 full days in it and I did not want to get cabin fever or feel cramped. The Virginian Suites was PERFECT! The room was very spacious (especially for the DC area), very well decorated, plenty of windows for fresh air and sunshine and the kitchen was well stocked with cookware, utensils, appliances and dishes so that I was able to cook us 3 healthy meals every day! The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly too! I have stayed at several nice hotels in the DC area while visiting my daughter at college and while on business and I can honestly say this is my favorite one! The location is great as it is close to both the touristy area (the mall, monuments, etc) as well as to Georgetown. They provide free shuttle service to the local Safeway grocery store which was VERY helpful as well as to the Metro station. I cannot express how happy we were with our stay at The Virginian Suites and not only do I HIGHLY recommend it, but I will definitely be staying here whenever it has availability and I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
fom_vsa, Front Office Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Autember
Thank for your review of The Virginian Suites. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your room, location as well as the service provided to you by our staff. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I were here for a quick weekend get away. We were impressed with this hotel. Great location! Restaurants and metro station about three blocks away. There is even a grocery store (Safeway) same proximity. It is ten minutes from most of the touist attractions in Washington, DC. The staff were friendly and called the room at check in to make sure everything was okay. The room was spacious and had a full kitchen with microwave, refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and all of the utensils and dishes needed. We would stay here again and would definitely recommend it.
There were a few things that kept me from giving this hotel an excellent review. They may be pet peeved, but hope that they are taken as suggestions for hotel. The exercise room is at the end of a hall and seems very isolated . The hotel and the rooms need an automatic air freshner or plug in ir freshness. When you first walk in to the hotel and the rooms there is a small smell as though it needs to be aired out. Lobby is setup very nicely. Again..... Just a few peeved. :). :)

Dear Sherri W
Thank you for the great review of The Virginian Suites. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your room, location, and customer service. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We enjoy staying here - staff is friendly and the room has a kitchen which can save a lot of money in this area. Walk to Rosslyn (there is a shuttle) and to a Safeway. Rooms need updating but are fine for a short visit. Only problem we had was the party on the next floor that went on till 2 AM. Otherwise a great choice close ti D.C.

Room Tip: Try the Quarterdeck restaurant up the hill. A neighborhood joint with a bar and blue crabs!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
fom_vsa, Front Office Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Den979
Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor and giving us such a great review. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and friendly staff.
Thank you again and we really hope to welcome you at the Virginian Suites in the nearest future!

Been to Virginian Suites Arlington? Share your experiences!