“Excellent value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Leicestershire
“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011 via mobile

This place was a very pleasant surprise. Short walk (or free shuttle bus) to/from Rosslyn Metro station and then a 10 min ride to central DC. Also it is a short walk to Arlington cemetery or a decent walk to the Pentagon. The room was huge, massive bed, lounge area, office desk, separate kitchen and walk-in wardrobe area leading to the moderately sized bathroom. A good spot to get some work done and also a good place to keep the kids entertained for a few days. I will definitely stay here again when in the DC area.

• Stayed July 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Turkish first
Borger, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Stayed here for 10 nights on a vacation to DC. Perfect for a long stay. The small kitchen was perfect for our small meals and snacks. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful for us. Close to subway station was also a big plus!

Room Tip: Queen suite was nice.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

My 21 year old son and I have been planning a trip to DC from California for the past two years. Upon our arrival we were greeted by Andre and boy were we impressed. He is truly an asset to your company. He set the tone for our week long stay. We could tell he really enjoyed his job!
When we got to the room we couldn't be more delighted! Full KItchen, what a plus! I put a lot of effort into planning this trip because I knew this would probably be the only opportunity I have to visit the DC area. Your hotel did not disappoint. All the staff we had dealings with were great but I must compliment Andre & Will at the desk and Arron the Van driver who really stood out as stellar employees. Maid service was top notch!

The Metro is very close, an easy 10 minute walk. we did walk it several times but also used the shuttle service you provide. The area felt very safe.
I loved the layout of the room. I was able to do a load of laundry before coming home with the washers available on the 1st floor. I will recommend this hotel to anyone I know who will be visiting the DC area.

Room Tip: 10 minute walk to several restaurants near metro
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

I was a guest for 2 nights, I was amazed at the size of the room given to me. My room was a 1 bedroom apt., complete with full kitchen, living room , dinning room and separate bedroom. My hallway was larger then most New York city hotel rooms.

BUT the main reason to stay in a hotel is rest and sleep both of which did not exist in this hotel. It is true that this is an older hotel, no issue there but the older AC units are louder then any Airplane flying overhead. I moved into the living room of my condo/hotel room and the AC unit in that room was even louder.
The hotel is ok other then that, well I do have to mention that the array of small pillows on each bed were neither helpful or comfortable either.
The location is central to DC and sites.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
fom_vsa, Front Office Manager at Virginian Suites Arlington, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
It’s great you were amazed about the size of our rooms, we agree, they are quite spacious and accommodating for either short or long term stays. While we are happy you enjoyed the room, we would also like to apologize for the inconvenience you incurred due to the HVAC units. I assure you that this is not normal and will address the issue accordingly. We hope you see you again and next time we will make sure it’s as quiet as a mouse in your room.
Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

Great location offer free shuttle to the metro station. The room are very spacious & very
clean bathroom witch is always a main concern of mine. Although it's not well ventelated it
was not a issue. The only concern I had was we were not able to cook as much since we
had to pots or pans. I called 3x to request for some but never got any. What made up for it was that we had toaster, tea kettle, coffee maker & microwave. Also they have a well stocked vending machine if you wanted a tv dinner or a quick snack. The front desk staff
was very help in giving advise for sightseening. All in all this is a great place to stay if visiting the DC area. I would stay here again and reccomend other to do so !!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Having a large clean room and bathroom is very important in our book so we are pleased we met your standards! We deeply apologize for not honoring your request regarding pots and pans, and will forward this to the department and make sure we respond to guest requests more diligently. We are very happy you found our front desk staff insightful and ready to help. That’s what the front desk is here for, and we’re happy we succeeded. Thank you for the recommendation, as we would love to accommodate your friends and family.
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

I stayed at this hotel a lot in the 1980s. Hadn't been there since 1987
when I stayed there again in October of 2010. Parking was free there years
ago.
Now it's 9 bucks per night. DC wasn't (adjusted for inflation) any more
expensive a metropolitan area then, so why must I shell out more money
for parking there now? And how does a visitor keep his/her car there
for a few hours if visiting me during the day or night? That was never
explained. Are they supposed to pay too? Is there a temporary pass?

I did NOT appreciate the attitude of the girl behind the counter when her
only explanation on the parking was that "other hotels in DC and NYC charge
much more". Fooey -- they're just as wrong to do that as you are.
And that's no consolation.

Otherwise, I like the hotel and location. They've kept it reasonably up to
date and there's a lot nearby in which to partake. I actually DID come back
and will be returning again soon (I travel by car from FL to MA and NY a few
times a year and the DC area is perfect as a stopover). So I'm not at all
sour about the place. I wonder if it is under new management since '87?
Too bad I also arrived in January on MLK weekend when the Metro, for the
first time in years, had shut tracks down from VA -> DC. But that's not the
hotel's fault.
The suite layout of the rooms is very accomodating and the furniture is nice,
especially the leather couch. What happened to the glass tables you had
next to the kitchens years ago? Those were really nice.
Yes, I have a good long-term memory. Overall you can't lose with this place.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
We are thrilled you decided to return to us after so many years. Unfortunately, much has changed since your last stay with us as many things do. We have been charging for parking for at least the past 15 years, and do indeed, find our fee extremely competitive compared to other hotels in the Washington DC area which can exceed upward to $30/night! However, we also offer special packages that include both breakfast and parking if you are interested for your next stay. We thank you for your kind words with regards to our rooms and furniture, and hope to see you the next time you visit the area!!
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

I stayed at the Virginian Suites after leaving a less-than-savory establishment in Arlington. I arrived at around 10pm and the staff was very accommodating. They overlooked my boss's sarcastic demeanor and took care of me. They happily pointed me to anything I needed and during my stay warmly smiled and welcomed me without hesitation. The apartment feel combined with the close proximity to the Rosslyn metro station made my stay all the better.

I was on the 2nd floor so I didn't experience the noise of airlines that other customers complained about. and all in all - it was a very positive stay. I would bring my family back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Just show up and talk with the staff - not at them
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
We’re delighted you found our staff warm and welcoming! We are here to make all of our guests feel that way and we succeeded at that with you and your boss. Hooray!! As for the room tip, we love talking and building friendships with our guests! We’ll see you the next time you visit the Washington DC area; hopefully with your entire family this time.

Been to Virginian Suites Arlington? Share your experiences!