“Love this place.” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ashburn, Virginia
“Love this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Perfect for the 4th of July ... go down town via a metro ... come back to the hotel for the fireworks!!
We have done this with another couple for over twelve years. Others would visit - because we had a kitchen with a full refrigerator saving food is never a problem. Very military honoring spot. I was able to get some souvenirs from giftsofdc.com -

Room Tip: on the 4th of July - watch the fireworks right from your room ... or just across the street
Green Features: sometime i sit in the lobby and use the free internet all day long!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
gpwee738, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, September 24, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am glad that you had such a wonderful time over such a hectic weekend in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back next year to celebrate our Nation's birthday.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

We had a wonderful stay here. The room was very clean and comfortable and the bed was wonderful. Breakfast was delicious and the staff was very efficient at keeping the dining areas clean yet were also very accommodating. The hotel lists high and low traffic times for breakfast, which we found to be fairly accurate. It's a 2 or 3 block walk to the closest Metro station, which provides for easy travel into Washington, DC and the surrounding area. The hotel is also within walking distance of shopping centers. The only drawback in my opinion is that the swimming pool is somewhat small.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. I am happy that you were so pleased with our hotel. I hope to welcome you back when yor travels bring you to our area again.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Regularly stay here when I visit the Pentagon. Staff are extremely helpful and courteous, the entire hotel from parking garage to 15th floor rooms and all points between are well maintained and ready for every guest.

I've stayed in a Studio Room w/King size bed each time, each room seems to be laid out slightly different, but very functional and with plenty of room for one to four guests with the sleeper sofa.
Extremely clean throughout the room, with a comfortable bed, and four different pillows for even the most picky to choose from -- firm to soft.

While I didn't use it, the hair dryer appears to be new and has two speeds with a cool setting. Free WiFi or cable connection in the rooms with an upgrade option for "extremely fast" for just a few bucks a day if you need to stream videos. Plenty of seating in the suite area and a two person café size table for sit down eating.

Air conditioning works flawlessly with a digital thermostat and with very little noticeable noise. GE appliances (fridge, microwave, dishwasher, two-burner range top), garbage disposal, coffee pot...even had a bag of popcorn ready to pop into the microwave! With a 4 person setting of utensils and dishes, would make for a great week long place for a family to stay and see the sights around DC.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This hotel has beautiful rooms with full kitchens. The free shuttle to/from Reagan National airport was great. It's close to the Pentagon, Pentagon City Mall, Arlington National Cemetery, and D.C. sites. I feel the price is very reasonable for the area and room quality.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
gpwee738, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thanks for recommending us on TripAdvisor. As a senior contributor, you really know your stuff, and I was glad that you found our hotel was worthy of a 5 star ranking on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you and your family had a great time, and hope to see yo again when your travels bring you back tothe area.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Location right across the street from Pentagon. Short drive from all the Monuments, and Arlington cemetery. Loved the mall that is down the street with the outside eating areas. Bicycles available for rent. Plenty of restaurants, and stores. Stayed here on my way to New York!

Green Features: This hotel is great for the family to walk around and site see.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for sharing your experience while staying with us. Although I am slightly biased, I have toagree that we are the perfect plac to stay for enjoying everything that the area has to offer. I am gad that you found the location so convenient, and hope to welcome you back when you return.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

This hotel is fantastic! The location is perfect for a DC sightseeing trip. Only 5 minutes from Metro station. The Metro is very easy to figure out, about 20 minute ride to the Smithsonian stop. The rooms are recently remodeled and super clean. We had a king bed suite with a pull out couch. Beautiful kitchen with everything you would need to cook. The front desk was very friendly and helpful! The shuttle van picked us up promptly from the Metro station when we couldn't walk another step! There is also a lovely shopping mall where the Metro station is but we didn't go there to shop. Next time will make a point to get in there! There is also a lovely breakfast in the morning with hot food and plenty of it. I can't say enough about how pleasurable our stay was. We will be making another trip to DC soon and will make this our place to stay every time. Thanks again to Raymond and Yo... for being so friendly. One more thing....we used the garage which is worth it knowing your car is safe. We got a call one night telling us our window was left down. So it might seem pricey to park but it will be safe and secure.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharingyour experience in TripAdvisor. Our team does take the safety of our guests very seriously, and I am pleased to hear that you noticed that effort from them. I will b sure to share your comments with both our loss prevention team, as well as Ray and "Yo." Thanks again and I hope when your travels bring you to our area again, you will return.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

It was 6 of us... My best friend, her 2 teenagers an myself and my 2 teenagers... it wasn't our 1st time to DC but our first time staying at the Residence Inn.. our experience was the best!! we had a great time.. the room was nice an cozy, the bed was comfortable, the staff was so friendly, the breakfast was great. we were close to the metro. the pool was great. the cost was so reasonable for a two night stay, our kids had more fun hanging out at the hotel than going site seeing in DC! so that gave me and my best friend time to hang out without the kids.. I have not one bad thing to say about this hotel, when ever I come to DC I will be staying here. so anyone looking for a nice comfortable ,friendly, close to everything you need hotel please stay at the Residence Inn Pentagon City!!!! thank you for my stay! see you all soon!!

Room Tip: ask for a room at least on the 11th floor or higher for a great view
Green Features: It was great!!! Everything was well manicured. The lifeguard was on duty until 10 pm showing how important safety if to them. it was a very very comfortable stay and I have told at least 10 people already since my stay 2 days ago!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind word about our hotel during your two night visit to DC. I am glad your group found everything so convenient and comfortable. I look forward to seeing you when you have the opportunity to visit the area again.