“Terrific place to base a DC visit!” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 15% off
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Huntsville, Alabama
“Terrific place to base a DC visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel was very reasonably priced, very convenient to the Pentagon, two Metro Stations, a mall & food court, and a Walk-In Clinic. The staff were courteous and helpful; the two gentlemen working the front desk were fantastic with my son when he tripped on the sidewalk and scraped his knees. We were able to easily hop on the metro and two stops later we were at the Smithsonian! The location felt incredibly safe.

Green Features: We opted not to have our towels or sheets changed; they gave us the extra bathmat we needed upon request.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
gpwee738, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to recommend our property on TripAdvisor. I am glad that your experience prompted you to write your first review. I hope to welcome you gain when your travels bring you back to DC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I had a great experience when I stayed at this hotel by myself a few years ago. So, when I decided to plan a trip to DC for the July 4th week, I knew this will be a fantastic hotel for my family of 4. The hotel is very clean and accommodating to families. My family of 4 stayed in a two bedroom/two bathroom suite. There was plenty of space for my family and the rooms were comfortable. We had a full kitchen with an oven. Which was a plus because I made pizza one night with my children. The breakfast was good and there was a great variety of food items to choose from. It felt like home here.

The location is great too. It is within walking distance to Pentagon City Metro, Pentagon City Mall, restaurants, and shops. Also, there is a Harris Teeter grocery store and a CVS Pharmacy nearby just in case you need something. It's not too far from Regan National Airport, downtown DC (The Mall), Arlington Cemetery, and The Pentagon.

The overall best thing about my family's stay at Residence Inn was the staff. The staff were really awesome. It was extremely crowded at this hotel around the 4th of July. However, the housekeeping staff and the wait staff in the dining room did an amazing job at handling the large crowds of people. The people at the front desk were always cordial. This to me speaks volumes about the level of care and personal touch that this hotel provides its guests. My family really appreciate all of the staff at Residence Inn for making our holiday stay fantastic!

The only negative about this hotel was the Wifi in our room was really slow and unusable. I had to use my I-phone as a Wifi hotspot.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share yourthought about our hotel onTripAdvisor. We also feel that we are the perfect location and staging point for a family visiting DC. Your kind words regarding our staff are very appreciated.
Regarding the internet, we are in the process of updating ou services, and although it does not make up for your experience, it will be much faster in the very near future. Thank you so much for the feedback, and on weekends with so many faminies, and so many members of thefamily using the internet on devices, we do not currently have enough broadband, and will have that corrected before our next busy holiday weekend.
I am glad your family had a great time, and I hope to see you again on your next trip to DC.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Our stay was great! We enjoyed the social dinner on Monday and Tuesday nights, breakfast, location, transportation to the metro and Regan Int'l Airport, room, pool and customer service. Would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for the review. I appreciate that this is your first review, so it really shows tat we did something right in prompting you to share it wth others on TripAdvisor. I hope you and your famly had a great time, and hope to see you again.
Staunton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband, son and I stayed at the Residence Inn during the week of July 4th. The location was perfect as we wanted to be close to DC, but avoid the congestion. The Metro is right around the corner, and if you are too tired to walk back to the hotel, the shuttle service will come get you. The entire staff was accommodating, friendly and knowledgable of the area. The evening reception (Mon. - Wed.) was a pleasant surprise. Even though the hotel seemed very busy, the staff did the best they at keeping up with the demand during reception and breakfast hours. The pool area is rather small, but does offer a hot tub and lifeguard. We could not have asked for a better Fourth of July experience in our nation's capitol.
We were amazed at the sound proofing of the hotel's exterior. We were concerned about the proximity to Reagan Airport, but never heard a single plane.

Room Tip: This building is a V shape. Only one side of the building has views of DC. I think the other overloo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for recommending us to other readers on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that you had a great time over the holiday weekend. The July 4th is our busiest week of the year, and I am pleased tht our staff was able to keep up with the demands. There is no place better to celebrate our Nation's Birthday than in our Nation's Capital, and I am glad we were ableto make that memorable for you and your family.
Rockville Centre, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had a family reunion and stayed at this hotel. All the rooms are suites of varying sizes and very reasonably priced. The rooms were very clean and had a spacious living room and kitchen area. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the maids were very proficient. The breakfast was included and it is very extensive. There was all kinds of fruits and cereals. They had oatmeal with raisins, and other additives on the side. There were 2 waffle machines with fresh mix to make them fresh with fruit toppings. They had scrambled eggs, sausages and potatoes. Every other day there are also pancakes. They were various kinds of breads and rolls. It was all delicious. The coffee was excellent. I highly recommend the hotel. It is only 2 blocks from the Metro for a quick ride into DC.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floors as you get a great view of the Pentagon and Arlington with DC in the...
Green Features: Very good. There is separate garbage for recyclables. The usual option to save water.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the glowing review of our hotel and its amenities. We always enjoy hosting family reunions at our hotel, and we feel that we are a great choice for one. Not only is the metro 1 bolck away, givingyou access to everything DC has to offer, but our hotel does have banquet rooms, ranging in size from 500 square feet to 2200. Anything from a welcome roomto meet, to a dinner gatering is possible, all in a hotel where all rooms have their own kitchen!!!
I'm so glad you had such a great time, and look forward to hosting your next soon.
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed three nights at this hotel. It was the first hotel of our vacation, and somewhat spoiled us for the later hotels. Our room was a studio on the 17th floor, overlooking the Potomac. Our view included the Jefferson Memorial, the Washington Monument, and the Capitol. The room was very quiet, immaculate, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. Breakfast was included each morning, and was generously appointed. There was a wide selection of foods and beverages. Again, the breakfast room was very clean. The hotel's location was about a five minute walk from the Pentagon City Metro station, and quite close to numerous attractive restaurants. If I return to visit D.C., I plan to stay here.

Room Tip: Take the advice of the concierge, and stay higher. Yes, the elevator may take a little longer, but i...
Green Features: The hotel allows you to choose whether or not to "recycle your towels.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the high praise. We do take pride in providing every guest with a clean room, and a great breakfast to start your day. We are happy that you felt our hotel and services spoiled you for he rest of your trip. We look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to the DC area.
Hilltown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel was a great location for a visit to Washington DC. Metro stop is very close and easy way to get to the city. Staff very friendly. The breakfast buffet does get a bit busy but come early. Pay for a high room with Pentagon view it is worth it. Hotel shuttle can take you to local restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for the great recommendations and for pointing out some of our many great amenities. How could we have improved our rating with you? We appreciate your feedback and are committed to continuously improving our level of service to exceed the expectations of our valued guests.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City? Share your experiences!