“Great location, staff, and rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sunset Beach, California
“Great location, staff, and rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Arlington, VA. My mom, sister, and I took a trip to see Washington DC right after the Cherry Blossom Festival (side note: a terrible storm swept away all the blossoms before I got to see them! So disappointing!).

Pros:
-Large room
-Small kitchen included. It was a very nice kitchen too.
-About a ten minute walk to the metro station. Some people may see this as a "con", but I personally like to walk when I'm seeing a new city. I thought that the hotel was very convenient to the station. It's just a few stops to the main sights of DC.
-Complimentary shuttle. We headed out one night to a nearby revolving restaurant/bar and were offered a complimentary ride. We declined, but it was a great offer!
-SUPER COMFORTABLE KING- SIZED BED!!!!!
-Very well priced compared to hotels in the heart of the city.
-Very friendly and helpful staff.
-Complimentary printer in the lobby that is set up for printing your boarding passes for flights.

Cons:
- For three people, we couldn't get two beds. All they had available was a king and a sofa bed (not sure if this is always what they offer, or if it was their only availability when we booked). None of us thought that was a big deal, but it could be a negative thing for others that are considering booking.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel. I have no complaints.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Glenn W, Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. We do have rooms with two queen beds and a pull ot sofa couch, but only 30 of those types of rooms. We do sell those as a separate room, and if you did not see those when making your reservation, we must have sold out of those during your stay. I am glad your family were able to visit DC, but am sorry to hear that you missed the Cherry Blossoms. I hope you make it back next year!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Overall, the experience at this hotel was extremely enjoyable. Friendly and knowledgeable staff, safe and secure location, and everything is close as well.

The scenery from the rooms is quite nice as well with their being many sights around. The rooms were very clean and with plenty of extras. Also, the shuttle service provided is very convenient so be sure to take advantage of that.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. Definitely one of the nicest around.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
gpwee738, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, September 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review of the Residence Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you found everything so convenient during your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to the area again.
Northampton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn Pentagon City from 4/21 - 4/25 for a trip to D.C. during my children's April Vacation. I chose this location for the pool, the free breakfast and the fact that it was less expensive than staying in D.C. I was unaware of the complimentary food until we arrived at about 6:40 on Monday. The associate that checked us in told us that they were only serving until 7, so we should go over and get something to eat and he would bring our room keys over to us. How nice! We stayed in a studio suite, which was super clean and very large, with comfortable beds and lots of space to spread out. Having the kitchen was very helpful. All the staff we encountered were extremely helpful, providing directions and tips (and extra cookies for our kids in the evenings!) The complimentary shuttle was a nice convenience particularly to go to dinner after a day on our feet in DC. Breakfast was hot and plentiful and the pool was clean and well cared for. Overall a very enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor on the Pentagon side for great views of DC.
Green Features: My children were particularly impressed with the single stream recycling bin in the kitchen. Nice touch.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your review of the Residence Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you found our rooms and amenities were a perfect fit for your family. I look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to the area again.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed at the Residence Inn Pentagon City for 3 nights while attending a meeting and was very pleased.

Adam, at the front desk when we checked in, was amazing. He changed rooms, split charges between credit cards, got a message to someone who arrived late. He really helped make our trip successful.

I was in a 2 bedroom suite with friends - lots of room. The view from the 17th floor was wonderful - the Capitol, Washington Monument. It was also very quiet and the queen beds and linens were top quality and very comfortable.

Breakfast was good - always nicely cooked scrambled eggs with different choices of meat or potatoes, cereal, waffles, fruit, various breads and pastries.

The walk to the Metro was easy, but the shuttle was also available to drive you there or pick you up if needed. Also a free shuttle from National Airport.

The only disappointment, and why it got a 4, was the quality of the mattress on the pull-out sofa. It was terrible - all you could feel were springs. We were a party of 3 and one person did manage to sleep there by putting the couch cushions on top of the mattress and then the sheet. I would definitely not plan on using the sofa bed for an adult, and even a small child would need several blankets or the cushions to be able to sleep on it. If you only need the regular beds, all was excellent.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor for the great views.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your review of the Residence Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you found everything so convenient during your stay with us. We have additional full mattresses if you are staying with us again that we can replace the sofa with. It would mean that the sofawould not be able to be easily converted, but if you were that uncomfortable in the sofabed, we woul be happy to supply. I look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to the area again.
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed here two nights during April break. Very nice hotel. Great view of Washington DC from our room was a nice extra. Our room was well appointed with a full kitchen. We were not there during the week for the complimentary dinners but we did experience their breakfasts and they were excellent!! A wide variety of breakfast choices was really appreciated. No one should leave hungry in the morning. Our daughter enjoyed the pool and hot tub. A nice bonus was having a life guard on duty. The metro, shopping, restaurants and grocery stores were all nearby. Would definitely stay again when in the area. Love Residence Inns!!

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I decided to stay at the Residence Inn Pentagon City in Arlington, Virginia, on a business trip to Washington, DC. It was conveniently located just a short walk from Metrorail. I was there 3 nights and used Metrorail to get around. My room was a standard mini-suite, which was all I needed. It was quiet. The breakfasts were excellent. I did not get to sample the manager's specials at night. I have not complaints. I will likely stay at this hotel again on future trips.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your review of the Residence Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. We are the perfect hotel for work in DC, Arlington, or to just explore the area. I look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to the area again.
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Big, nicely furnished rooms, very well equipped kitchenet, decent hot breakfast. Clean and comfortable. We really liked this hotel and would stay there again.

About 10 minutes walking distance to metro station and Pentagon City Mall and restaurants. Two metro stops from Arlington cementary and about 20 minutes ride to Furrogat West (White House). Perfect for a visit to Washington, however much cheaper than staying in town.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City? Share your experiences!