“Great alternative to downtown Washington DC” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
berlin
“Great alternative to downtown Washington DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had a very pleasant three day stay here end of September. Our room overlooked the Pentagon, and was clean, well-equipped and spacious. The Pentagon City mall and Metro stop is a 5 minute walk, and it takes just 5 minutes from there into the the centre of the government area of Washington. There is also a supermarket for food 2 blocks away, and the room was perfect for
preparing and eating meals. Only negative was the lack of a kettle - we were told that these were not available. No major problem, just a bit surprising.The breakfast buffet was excellent.
Highly recommended as an alternative to staying in the more expensive downtown area.

Room Tip: High up, overlooking the Pentagon.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I agree that our location is perfect for work or play in the DC area. I have shared your comment about the kettle, and we are looking to have a supply on hand for requests in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Staff was friendly and was ready to help with whatever our needs were. Hotel was clean including room, lobby and pool area. Easy to get to wherever you want to go in the Washington area. Had a great view of the Pentagon, Washington monument and the Air Force memorial. Will definitely be back. Thanks for the wonderful stay.

Bob & Deb
Michigan

Room Tip: Higher floor, west wing nice view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn Pentagon City. I'm sure your feedback will encourage others to give us a try. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the area.
Lakeville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I went in October 2013 with 2 of my grandkids - we were in a 2 bed suite with a sofa bed, lots of room for the 3 of us. This wasn't my first choice but the package price on Orbitz was too good to pass up - and I am so happy I chose it! The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet was phenomenal - every day a new twist to the selections. We were only there for one of the dinner buffets but it was just as nice. Close to the Metro, in a safe neighborhood. For being so close to the airport, I didn't notice airplane noise. I had a car to go to non-Metro sites (we didn't know how long the gov't shutdown would last), if you can get there by Metro don't rent a car - plus parking at the hotel was $21/day, but in a very secure underground garage. Everything was clean and updated. We didn't take advantage of the kitchenette, but if you are staying for any length of time it had everything you need. The indoor pool wasn't very large, the fitness center was great - but we didn't spend much time in either. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor on the "Pentagon side". Can't say anything about the other f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that there was enough for your entire family. I hope that you were convinced that we will be your first choice on your next trip to the area.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was in town for a retirement the first of this month, October 2013, and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this holel. Although the government was shutdown at this time, we still had a very wonderful time at the hotel. The festivities were held at the hotel instead of the previously scheduled location at the Lincoln Memorial, but the hotel staff stepped up to the plate, made the necessary provisions and provided our Naval Retiree with an awesome retirement celebration. The location was great for the reason for our visit and it was close to the interstate that was ideal for me. I commend the friendly, pleasant and accommodating staff during this wonderful celebration and unforseen circumstances. The breakfast buffet and dinner on Monday-Wednesday with wine was also a welcomed feature.

Room Tip: A view of the Pentagon is a nice choice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn Pentagon City. We were so happy to help you all celebrate Commander Master Chief's retirement. Thank you for taking the time to share your story. We hope to see you again soon.
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in October '13. The room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. King size bed was very comfy. There was a full sofa, and kitchenette, desk and chair. The check in staff were great and had a prepared list of things to do in the area despite the government shutdown. The hotel is less than a 3 minute walk to the metro station, just 2 stops from the airport and 2 stops from the center of DC or Arlington Cemetery. There's a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a mile that you wan to go. There is a decent mall & drug / convenience store at the subway station. I don't understand a previous review that said "“Not the best location unless visiting Pentagon.” Seriously, we saved hundreds of dollars by staying here and taking a 5 minute Metro ride into DC. If you fly to DC and don't have a car, It's a fantastic location! Pool area and fitness area looked great. The view looked east, over the river and into DC where you can see the Capitol, Jefferson & Washington memorials in the distance.
If there was any downside, it was that the breakfast area is too small for the size of the hotel, so it was crowded a couple of mornings, and that the pool / hot tub is only open until 10pm. I have no idea what sense that makes. If you're out for dinner and do anything afterwards, it's going to be at least that late by the time you get back to the hotel.

Room Tip: High floor overlooking DC.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn Pentagon City. I'm sure your feedback will encourage others to give us a try and we thank you for the review. Most of the time, our breakfast area is more than adequate for the crowds. During certain times, particularly holiday weekends, it does get crowded towards the end of breakfast. I encourage anyone wanting to avoid this to come a little earlier to beat the crowds. Thanks again, and I hope to see you back at the hotel soom.
Penfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a relatively new hotel, quite large and situated in the middle of no man's land. While shuttles are available, I would advise a stay elsewhere unless there specifically to visit the pentagon or surrounding area. While I realize it is close to the Metro, the neighborhood is quite bleak and the view outside our room was downright depressing.

While the room and bath were nicely equipped, and the room and hotel were quite clean, the air conditioning/heater in our room was not working properly, as it was a constant 76 degrees, despite all our efforts to the contrary.

Very well equipped fitness center, decent indoor pool and good breakfast offerings included. However, we thought the $23 a day parking charge to be a bit excessive, even by Washington hotel standards.

We have stayed at other area Residence Inns in the Washington/Arlington area and I would recommend almost any of them over this site.

Will not be going back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience while staying in the Washington DC area. I am sorry that you did not find our location suited your needs. We are 1.5 blocks from a metro station, which is 2 metro stations from the national mall. There are also 2 memorials, a museum, a large regional mall, and dozens of restaurants all within 2 blocks of our location.
Burnsville, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you don't want to stay in Washington DC property, this hotel is a great option. Very close to the Metro, and close to a shopping mall. The breakfast buffet was very good (and I thought the coffee was great!)
The staff is so friendly, the rooms were clean and spacious. The bed was very comfy. This was just a very nice place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to recommend us on TripAdvisor. I agree that our location is perfect. I'm glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and coffee as well. I look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring us our way again.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City? Share your experiences!