“Great Stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
�����
“Great Stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family and I were in DC for a family reunion. Not knowing a shuttle would've picked us up, we walked the short distance from the Metro stop. The location is great with a giant mall within two blocks!! They had themed social hours in the lobby and the continental breakfast was great. Even stay open past the 9 a.m. posted time. The were two reunions the same weekend and the staff handled our stay graciously. The room was awesome. We had a king size bed and a nice sitting room. The kitchen was nice and we didn't even have to wash the dishes. Excellent hotel!! Will definitely by our first choice upon visiting DC again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for recommending the Residence Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. We had several family reunions that week, and heard that they all had a wonderful time. I have also passed your comments on to our breakfast team. I hope you get a chance to visit our nation's capital in the future, and look forward to welcoming you personally when you do.

537 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I am not sure what to say,..but everything was perfect. All was above, if not excelled the standard in past hotels we have visited.
The arrival was exceptionally professional. We had been stuck in traffic from Richmond, VA and were rather stressed when we first arrived,..they were very calming ( thanks,Zem) , and welcoming. The room was very spacious, with a stovetop, large fridge, microwave and dishwasher. All amenities seemed to be new, updated. The view was spectacular as we were able to see the Pentagon, Arlington Nat, Cem, Lincoln Mem, and Kennedy Centre as well.
You are also very close to a high-end shopping mall, with VAST selection of stores, as well as the Metro subway system, which I would recommend to anyone over driving.
Breakfast was superb, and complete with eggs, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, breads,juices....
Parking is underground and is $23/day, but, worth it for the stay we had. You do also have in/out privileges if needed.
The pool/hot tub and exercise room, were very well maintained, clean and updated.
The only complaint if any, was that the hallways, themselves, were not well vented, or had poor air circulation, and felt stuffy.
Otherwise, would happily return, without a doubt. Would only wish other hotels can meet the standards that this hotel possesses and presents on a daily basis.
Thank you.

Room Tip: higher floors can present you with great views of DC.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of the Residence Inn at Pentagon City. I have shared your comments with our entire team so they know that their efforts are paying off. I also wanted to let you know that we are aware that the top two floors do get warm during a heat wave like we have had a few times this summer. Our chief engineer is looking into a solution for next year, but assure you that the rooms themselves have brand new units that can keep up during the hottest days. Thank you again, and I look forward to welcoming you on your return visit to our area.
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

From the moment we walked through the doors we were greeted with a welcome. Nice cold lemon water was waiting for us in the lobby. The hotel room was very spacious with a small kitchen area that included dishes, microwave, toaster, stove and refrigerator. Very little hallway noise to bother you.
We used the pool one day and were met by and had a good conversation with the lifeguard. He gave us lots of good information about the area.
This is a very safe area and felt at ease walking to use the Metro at either the Pentagon or Pentagon City points. The Metro is extremely easy to use and very cost effective. An all day pass cost us $14.00 each.
The mall is located just around the corner for shopping.
Parking is very safe and easy. However there is a cost.
We did have an issue with the lock on our hotel door which was promptly remedied. For our inconvenience our parking was compted as well as offered a cold drink each while waiting for repairs. The staff were very apologetic for the inconvenience, but this issue was out of their control and things do happen.
We would definitely recommend this hotel.
Thank you to the hotel staff, desk , room service and maintenance.
We also met a nice family from Louisiana and areas. Looks like you all had a great family reunion. It was a pleasure to have met you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn at Pentagon City. I agree that we are the perfect location for a trip to the nation's capitol. Not only is the metro one block away, and only three stops from the national mall, we are located in a very safe neighborhood with dozens of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. I'm glad you had such a great time while staying with us, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed here for a week and from the moment I walked in the door I was greeted with the best customer service I've received from a hotel in just about any city. I even tweeted about it multiple times during my stay (Marriot International responded a few times!). The room was an awesome size complete with kitchen (and corkscrew!), sitting area, separate sink/vanity area which is probably great for more than one person staying in the room. It's pet friendly and the bed was very comfortable. I had a view of the Capital building, Jefferson Memorial, and Washington Monument and could see 4th of July fireworks from my window. In an effort to be more social for the holiday I left the room to watch them from the front of the hotel. To my surprise they were handing out popcorn, mini flags, and glow in the dark necklaces!

There was ice cold water in the lobby all day that they infused with fresh fruit. It was different each day--I can't decide which I liked better, the kiwi or the cucumber. The free breakfast had plenty of hot and cold choices. They also had an evening social on the weeknights but because of my schedule I didn't get to any. The pool area and workout room was also very good, smaller pool area but sufficient. The hotel is directly facing the Pentagon, walking distance to Pentagon City mall, close to a Super Target and movie theater, 30 seconds to 395 (which takes you everywhere in northern VA and DC). I parked on the street but one of the days drove around in the garage, it seemed pretty tight (I drive a compact car) this would have been a downside for me if I used it. I ended up parking on the street the whole week which was much easier because I was in and out all day every day.

Two highlights of my stay---after a very long day toward the end of the week it was after midnight and I went to the lobby for snacks. There was a lot to choose from but I mostly just wanted wine. After a funny conversation with Mike, the front desk agent, about how they can't sell wine after midnight I decided to get ice cream. Everything was grossly over priced (standard for hotels) but I was so desparate I decided to suck it up and pay $7 for a pint of Haggen Daaz. Wouldn't you know it, Mike said the ice cream was on him! The other highlight was at checking out, one of the managers went through the trouble of faxing a request to my bank while I was standing there to release the authorization hold immediately from my card...my bank usually holds it for up to two weeks after I check out. By ther time my car was loaded up, the money was available in my bank.

Downsides: Extremely expensive lobby snacks; very long wait for elevators 80% of the time

Room Tip: If you are driving park on the street!! It is free after 6pm and on weekend, only $1 an hour all oth...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taing the time to recommend the Residence Inn at Pentagon City to other TripAdvisor users. I was very happy to read all the wonderful things you had to say about our hotel and staff. I'm glad that you had such a great time while staying with us over the holiday, and that our exra touches were so well received. I hope to be able to welcome you on your next visit to the area.
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here 1.5 days when my flight was cancelled at DCA. They had a good rate available, free Internet and breakfast and a shuttle to pick me up at the airport. After arriving Firday evening I checked out at 4:15 am to go to the airport. Once at the airport I found out that my flight had been cancelled yet again and had about 13 hours to kill. I called the hotel back and asked if I could come back to my room (it was still only 5:30 am) and was told that they would offer me a day rate. While I agreed(I was quite stressed about trying to get home), I later thought it was a bit cheeky that they charged me for a half day in order for me to stay until 3pm considering checkout is noon. $69 for 3 hours seems excessive. Since I am an elite member I would have thought that they could have allowed me to come back to my still available room and maybe extend my checkout by one or two hours. I did request to stay until 4pm, to which they happily agreed. It is for this reason that I only scored this as average. However I will say that all the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn at Pentagon City. I'm glad that you found our hotel and staff friendly and welcoming. I was sorry to hear about your experience with checking back in. If you would like to discuss your experience in further I would welcome that. 703-413-6595
Hackettstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I booked this hotel based on reviews and the access to DC via Metro. We stayed here from 7/17-7/20. I cannot say enough positive things about this hotel. We had a great room, on the fifth floor of the hotel. It was roomy enough for my family of four. The room/bathroom were clean, the beds were clean and comfy too. The hallway noise, was minimal. The breakfast was crowded, but there was always a large amount of food choices. The staff was very friendly, we were greeted every time we entered or left the hotel. They were very helpful with any questions we had about getting around DC. The proximity to the Metro was ideal, it was a great way to get around the city. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. I'm happy that ourhotel met your needs so well. I hope that you will remember us if your travels ever bring you to Arlington again.
houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was in Baltimore for the 4th of July holiday and my cousins decided that in order for us to have a nice D.C. experience that we should stay the night and I completely agreed. She chose the hotel and it was perfect for what we needed! Pullout sofa for our kids, great rate and very close to all that we wanted to do in D.C. The rooms have a full kitchen which I didnt use, nicely updated finishes and very clean. Some of the cons are the $100 deposit I had to pay that I was unaware of because I was payimg for my room in cash But no biggie as they returned it upon checkout(after loss prevention had to check the room). Parking is also expensive at $28 a day, but since no parking is really available on the street, it was a no brainer. At least you could come and go as you pleased although the smell of garbage was very pungent in the garage area elevator and hallway. But overall, for $100 a night, it supplied everything we needed. The rooms were actually better than most resorts I've stayed at.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City? Share your experiences!