“First stay at Residence Inn Pentagon City” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Merced, California
“First stay at Residence Inn Pentagon City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Normally I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) - Downtown DC, but the rates were too stiff over the 4th and I was able to snag this hotel for $95 nightly with a AAA discount which made it unbeatable. The physical appearance of the hotel is very nice and the room was as pictured on the website. Its about a 5 minute walk from the Metro to the hotel. Breakfast was included and varied between good and mediocre each morning. Breakfast was crowded each morning so try to come early if possible.

The negative I noted about the hotel was the staff, they seemed to lack the professionalism I'm accustomed to at the HGI. Many staffers were unable to answer basic tourist questions and the front desk personnel lacked the professionalism I'm normally accustomed to from a HGI property.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and if the HGI was not available I'd consider staying again but it would not be my first choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for recommending the Residence Inn at Pentagon City to your fellow readers on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you were able to find a good rate, and that the hotel itself met your needs. I was concerned the front desk was unable to help you with local tourist questions. I am open to hearing more about this of you would like to speak with me. I can be reached at (703)413-6595.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Viera, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Had a wonderful stay in this hotel. Breakfast was free and had lots to choose from from make your own waffles to oatmeal. Eggs, Juices, fruit, yogurt, bacon or sausage, cereals, muffins and coffee. The rooms were very clean and the housekeeping did a great job cleaning up after us each day. Check in was a breeze and so was check out. The van picked us up from Regan airport and brought us back on our last day at no charge. WiFi was free and all employees wre pleasant. There was a fee to park if you had a car. We had a 2 bedroom suite which also had a sleeper couch in the main room with a TV. There was a small kitchen and 2 full bathrooms. We paid $2300 for a week which was a fair price. The metro was 2 blocks away and there was a mall also 2 blocks away with lots of eateries and stores. This was the perfect location right outside DC and just a few metro stops away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view up high. The hot tub was nice to relax in.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for recommending the Residence Inn at Pentagon City to your fellow TripAdvisor readers. I'm glad that our rooms, location, and amenities were such a good fit for your needs. I hope that if you visit the area again, you stay with us.
Wanaque, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had work in the Arlington area prior to the fourth therefore we decided to stay at this site until the fourth
The hotel is centrally located. Very clean. Had two issues the a/c was very loud for such a modern facility. The fan was designed to blow right on the bed ? Made for a two sleepless night. Second issue, the housekeeping department knocked on our door at 8:12 am on the fourth! YES, exactly a holiday morning! I sincerely believe there is NO need to knock on a door at 8am much less when it is a Holiday! This really puts a damper on things I wanted to say nice about this hotel. Being a platinum member I rarely sway from Marriott because we are so spoiled. Consistent customer service is our reward. I am sure this was an over site or someone was just NOT thinking.

Room Tip: Ask about ac service to room. Request privacy or make sure to place do not disturb crd on door knob
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Residence Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. I apologize that housekeeping knocked on your door that early. We scheduled our team in at 9am, and they should not have been to the floors until 9:30, so I am concerned as to what happened. If you would like to call to discuss your stay further, I am interested to know what room number you were in so we can adjust the fan as well. Please call me at (703)413-6595 if you are available.
WATERVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Arrived early on a busy holiday week, and traveling with my family and elderly in-laws I was able to get two rooms next to each other. I travel extensively and usually dread holiday weeks, but the management team was working alongside the staff to make sure every guest was attended to. I watched the Front Desk Manager helping every customer who walked in the front door to ensure they had an enjoyable stay, Kudos!! After reading some negative comments it's apparent some travelers really need to open their eyes and realize what a great hotel staff looks like!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn at Pentagon City. It was a very holiday weekend for us with a lot of families in the rooms. We did extend our breakfast hours over the holiday weekend to help out with the large number of people in each room. I'm pleased to hear that our extra efforts were noticed.
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Excellent location, walking distance to metro,15 minutes from the National Mall. Rooms are big and clean,..come with a completed kitchen so if you have time you can buy you own food (there is a Cosco store just 5 min's walking distance).Also there is a Fashion Mall close by if you need some clothing or just spend an evening walking around. The price is right.Monday, Tuesday,Wednesday social activities means free diner including a drink (beer or wine), good breakfast as well. The lobby is not that fency ,but ,..not important ,I guess.Staff polite and proffessional. I have nothing bad to say about this place

Room Tip: Take e higher floor like 10th and up so you can see the Pentagon building If you comming with a car...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to recommend the Residence Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. The kitchen in the room is very helpful, especially during long stays. In addition to Costco, there is also a Harris Teeter grocery store 2 blocks from us. Our local shuttle would be more than happy to take you and pick you up with all of your groceries. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to our Nation's Capital.
Queen Creek, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed 8 days at the Residence Inn.

We arrived in around 11pm, and were still handled promptly. Our room request was met, and they provided information regarding the Metro.

We used the breakfast one morning, and it was pretty good, but crowded. We also enjoyed the ice cream one evening, which was a nice touch.

We definitely appreciated the fresh iced-lemon water in the lobby, after a long day of walking.

The hotel was convenient to the Metro, which we used daily. (TIP: Cross Fern at Army Navy Drive, and walk through the courtyard of the TSA & DEA. It saves a few steps [diagonal], and there are guards there at night, so you feel safe.)

All in all, it was a great hotel for visiting Washington, D.C.

Room Tip: Request a high floor room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for recommending the Residence Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that all of your requests were met and that you found our location convenient and safe. I hope if you travl to the area again that you stay with us.
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was our last stop as we headed home from Annapolis and Baltimore. We got in around Noon, but the room was not ready and the lobby was very busy. We opted to park in the underground and head out to see the town. We got back around 5PM, and checked into our 2 Bedroom 2 Bath room. It was perfect for space needs, but I do wish they would have the 2nd bedroom with twin beds. My boys won't share a bed, so they have to take turns on the sleep sofa. All the bedding was in the room, and the beds were reasonably comfortable. Breakfast was crowded the next morning, but well stocked and the staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel is a quick walk to the Metro station and convenient to anything you would want to see in DC. Overall it was fine and we felt safe and comfortable.

Room Tip: We had a room on the east side and could see the capital and the monuments from the window. I like...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn at Pentagon City with your fellow TripAdvisor readers. I was pleased to hear that even though we were unable to get you checked in early, we were able to help you get out and enjoy our beautiful city while your valuables were secured at the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to our area.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City? Share your experiences!