“Clean, Consistent and Classy” 4 of 5 stars

Save Up to 25% in No. VA
Ranked #4 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Clean, Consistent and Classy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We checked into this hotel and got the room with a great view. Since we were 4, we requested for a upgrade as part of my Platinum benefits, but for no avail. However, the view of our room more than made up for the lack of upgrade. I love Residence Inn formats in Marriott chains since they are very consistent in what they offer. The kitchen was good and the room was fine and nothing to complain about. The hotel is quite old, but it doesnt show its age very badly. The breakfast area was one of the best. The breakfast options were too good. Parking charges might seem unacceptable, but for most weekends we get free street parking which is safe. The view of Pentagon City is superb from this hotel. Would recommend my friends to stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Pentagon building would give a good view..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn at Pentagon City with your fellow TripAdvisor readers. I have already shared your kind words with our breakfast staff and maintance team. I look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to our area.

537 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Let me start off by saying I did stay at the other Residence Inn in Arlington (Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Ballston) on memorial weekend, the weekend before! And I guess my expectations were very high coming from that location. This location had major disappointments, the room itself was fine, they did not have the option of the king one bedroom suite so we settled for the king studio, it was clean besides rust ring around shower stopper and a dingy smell throughout some parts of the hotel. The breakfast was awful, muffins tasted old, rest of the food cold and nasty even when I tried to go back after they replenished. We had a major problem checking in, I had booked 3 rooms, I had a family member to pay for rooms who was not present so I called ahead to make sure it would go smooth they needed a credit card authorization form signed by him, which was fine, it wasn't taken care of once we arrived which was our fault so I paid for one room so we could get settled and we came back after 11 pm that night to check in the other 2. Everything had been faxed over and complete but once we got back hours later, the hotel staff could not find the form and the person they stated that had it and did not update it to their records was in fact the hotel manager, that of course had went home for the night and had the form in his personal email. Even though I had spoke with him to confirm he received he stated all he needed to do was go and print it out! Of course he didn't, and went home for us to suffer the consequences, so we had to end up paying for the additional rooms, and they would take care of it in the morning. Morning came and he did email them the form but still had issues so they had to call my family member back to clear up. Finally problem was solved but hold is still on our accounts 3 days later. they did let us check out late because of inconvenience. Other than that I wasn't impressed with the hotel or the staff, I would most definitely just go 10 minutes up the road and stay at Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Ballston, its brand new, and the staff was excellent, breakfast was excellent and accommodations made me feel right at home!

Room Tip: Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Ballston stay here, much more nicer!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with others on TripAdvisor. I was concerned to hear that you had so many difficulties during your stay. I would welcoming the opportunity to discuss these issues with you further, as we never want anyone leaving our hotel disappointed.
Summerfield, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here memorial weekend for a convention and vacation fun. We have two kids under 2 and needed convenient, quiet, and cleanliness. We got it all. This place is very clean and rooms look like the online photos.
The location was great for DC sightseeing and only 3 metro stops from the mall. The walk to the metro took us about 5 minutes with small children. The hotel also offers a free shuttle which we used numerous times. Very convenient!
The hotel also offers a fantastic free breakfast sure to please everyone! Clean pool and hot tub also. Fitness area had new and up to date equipment.

We will absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott at Pentagon City. You stayed with us during one of our busiest weekends of the year, and I'm glad that you still found our hotel met your needs with small children. I hope that if you are visiting the area again you will book with us.
Agana, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I really enjoyed my recent stay at this renovated hotel. The room is spacious and modern. There is free wifi, but the high speed is only an additional $4.95 per day, which is very reasonable. The breakfast suit the purpose, more than adequate. The hotel is a short distance from downtown DC, and I would stay here even though the conference is at downtown, next time. I paid nearly $350 per night for the downtown hotel I am attending conference on and although it's nice, not worth it at all. The room also includes kitchenette! The gym is small but fully equipped!

The only drawback is the partition between rooms seem to be made of silk, you can almost hear everything your next door neighbor do! I had to Skype with family early am, and had to move to bathroom to avoid waking the neighbor (again).

Room Tip: High floors, good view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for recommending the Residence Inn at Pentagon City to your fellow TripAdvisor readers. We recently went through a full renovation, and it is great to hear that you found our new rooms to be spacious and modern.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I'll be back.
Perfect location close to Metro.
Staff super friendly and attentive.
Pool was great size and my kids loved it. Renovated gym has great equipment.

Loved the managers reception daily.
Rooms were clean and I'll be back Every time I visit Washington DC

• Stayed April 2013
Thanks for recommending the Residence Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. Its wonderful to hear that our services so matched your needs for your recent stay. I'm glad that you and your family had a great time while visiting the area, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Potomac, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

we stayed in a two bedroom unit for our family of 5 and we were disappointed to find that the rooms were smaller than in any Residence Inn we've encountered. the kitchen was teeny tiny, and the desk was in one of the bedrooms instead of being in a separate living area. beyond that, the breakfast was nothing special, and ended very early, 9 a.m. on weekdays. every morning someone would come down around 920 and be surprised to find that breakfast was no longer available. in fact, everything was gone and put away by 9:05, so if you arrived just a few minutes late you're completely out of luck. the staff was nice and friendly, except for the lifeguard at swim pool. he spent most of each evening looking at his tablet computer instead of watching the children playing in the pool, looking up once in awhile only to admonish one of the kids, God for bed they did something that disturbed his tablet viewing.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn at Pentagon City with your fellow TripAdvisor readers. I am sorry that you found our 2-bedrooms smaller than other Residence Inn properties that you have visited. I have also shared your comments concerning the lifeguard with our pool vendor. I would welcome more input concerning your visit if you would like to discuss it. I am available at (703)413-6630.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The rooms at the Residence Inn Pentagon City are remarkable when you are a dazed DC tourist. The kitchenettes are spotless and the rooms are spacious. Staff at the front desk are remarkably able and courteous in this busy hotel. You can stay here with no car and use the Pentagon City metro to do anything, including taking a Metro right to the Reagan airport nearby. Pentagon City Mall is grand and there are good places to eat on Joyce. Particular recommendation is Saigon Saigon or the Lebanese Taverna. This is a concrete city but safe and a great place to hole up at night for dining and shopping when the monuments and free museums are closed. Parking garage is very safe and secure and the facilities are upgraded and fresh and clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a view towards the Pentagon if available.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at the Residence Inn at Pentagon City. I agree that our location is next to it all, and yet very safe. You are correct that no car is necessary between our local hotel shuttle that will take you to the many restaurants, Pentagon City Mall, and 3 metro stations, and the airport pick up service from Regean National Airport.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City? Share your experiences!