“Great location, enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great location, enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We chose the Residence Inn Pentagon City for our long weekend stay in DC due to price and proximity to National Airport. Pleasantly surprised; we arrived at the hotel and checked in early, expecting to have to leave our bags and come back that evening for our room. Instead, they got us in to our room straightaway - a 2-bedroom suite (as requested) that turned out to be on the 17th (top) floor, with a nice view of the Potomac and the airport. Hotel is a short walk from the Pentagon City metro station, as well as the Fashion Center mall and food court. (NB: Just around the corner from there is Naked Pizza, which actually has gluten-free pizza crust!) Pentagon metro station is also a short walk to the north - both Pentagon and Pentagon City are stops for the blue and yellow lines, either of which is convenient to the National Mall / Smithsonian.

Breakfast each day at the hotel was complementary, but very crowded at the time we ate - around 9 am. Not a huge selection, but what was there was good, especially the biscuits and gravy and the make-your-own waffles. (Coffee, however, did not seem to impress my daughter, who is spoiled by Starbucks.)

Only disappointment with the hotel was upon arrival; we probably waited 30-45 minutes for the hotel shuttle to finally come around. We tried calling the hotel front desk, but the phone would ring many times and then would get a message that "no one was available to take your call. You will now be disconnected. <click>". When we finally arrived at the hotel, there were only two people working check-in, and the phone was ringing off the hook with no one able to take time to answer it. Not the best first impression for newly arrived visitors.

We had no problems with our early shuttle back to the airport, which was right on time. Overall, a great stay: good, convenient location; clean, comfortable rooms; friendly staff (though perhaps stretched a bit thin). Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Glenn W, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to recommend the Residence Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that we were able to accomidate your requests, as well as get you checked in early. We are always working on ways to improve our airport shuttle service. I am here to speak with you if you would like to share more details about your arrival experience. Please contact me directly at 703-413-6630.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Ridgewood, N.J.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We just returned from a three night stay at the Residence Inn in Arlington. We had a two bedroom, two bath suite for my wife, my mother-in-law, and myself. We were a bit apprehensive about staying in Arlington to visit Washington, but were assured by our friends that there is no problem in doing this. Our friends were right. It is only about 15 minutes from the National Mall by either cab or metro. Our suite was spotless, and the rooms were very large. The included breakfast was more than adequate. However, the nicest part of the hotel is the staff. Everybody was extemely friendly, and most helpful. The hotel has a shuttle van that will take you and pick you up from the metro stop, local restaurants, the nearby airport, etc. The service was always prompt - no more than a five minute wait - and with a smile. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to recommend the Pentagon City Residence Inn on TripAdvisor. Your comments concerning our location, cleanliness, and included amenities do make us an ideal choice when visiting the Nation's Capitol. I will pass on your kind words concerning our staff to them as well.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was fortunate to stay at Residence Inn, Arlington on my first trip to the DC area... I loved the view from the Restaurant up top! Easy access to the Metro, and fairly quick trip downtown DC. Also enjoyed walking a few blocks for some great food and shopping. Overall felt very comfortable.

Room Tip: I liked having a higher floor, but it's all personal choice. :)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for recommending the Pentagon City Residence Inn on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you had such a wonderful time expIoring the area. I look forward to welcoming you personally on your next visit.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed here for our first trip to DC. Efficient, friendly, handy to metro, mall and restaurants, Costco, across from the Pentagon, views of DC. Nice and new, good breakfast selections that included with room, no complaints.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to recommend the Residense Inn at Pentagon City on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you choce us for your first trip to DC, and hope to see you on your next visit.
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I usually don’t write reviews but I’m a changed person after staying at this hotel. I hope someone will find my review helpful, especially if you’re a Marriott gold member. I decided to stay at this hotel based on their recent positive reviews and it turned out to be a big mistake.
I stayed there for my birthday weekend getaway and it ruined my celebration. (1) I’m a Marriott gold member and I didn’t feel any special at all when staying at this hotel. (2) NO ONE would call you even though they had promised you that they would. No credibility! Here is my story, I requested for a room upgrade with a view at check-in (I understand that all requests cannot be accommodated), the front desk check me in a room with an empty lot view and had promised for upgrade later that afternoon. I waited and waited but no one call. I called a couple times to check and got different person answered every time. I asked if someone please called me back and let me know the final answer so I could unpack. They promised to call me between 6-7pm. It passed 7pm and NO one bothered to call. I called them back around 7:30pm and was offered a lower level room with the same ugly view. Was she kidding me?
The breakfast area was crowded (maybe because of the weekend) and difficult to find a table. The room was small with the ugliest view. The king bed was ok. There were no vents in the bathroom and it stank after my kid went…
I strongly recommend the Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse. We stayed there last year around the same time during Cherry Blossom season and were offered a room upgrade without asking. The staff was nicer and breakfast was great with lots of choices. I was not a Marriott gold member at that time but did feel special. We had great experience with Arlington Courthouse and will stay there in the future when I travel to VA.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Glenn W, Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdivsor regarding your recent stay at Residence Inn Pentagon City. I'm sorry to hear that your experience was less than expected. I'd welcome to speak to you personally about your specific situation. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel 703-413-6630.
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was here for 2 weeks 4/7/13-4/19/13. I LOVE this Residence Inn! I was here for training in DC, and the location is perfect to grab the Metro for all of your DC needs! My room was a good space, with living, working, and the full kitchen. The room is modern, well thought-out and quality bedding and fixtures. The bed and pillows were perfect for me, no aching or stiffness, which is a rarity and true delight with my bulging disc and arthritis! Breakfast everyday and the light dinner M-W is such a welcome bonus! On-site laundry was wonderful! The staff is helpful for all your questions, always greeting you with a smile! The other hotels recommended to me had shady reviews and horrible pictures with dank, dreary tiny rooms. I am so glad I acted upon the recommendation of a co-worker and stayed here! Without thought or question, if I have further training in DC, this will be my hotel! Thank you so very much for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: I was given a corner room, which was nice, since I only had one neighbor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to recommend the Residence Inn of Penatgon City on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that your stay with us exceeded your expectations, and that you were able to enjoy some of our complimentary services. I look forwarding to welcoming you personally on your next visit.
Helena, Mt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here last year on vacation, so chose it for a short business trip again this year. Location is very good, with two different Metro stops within safe walking distance, along with a Costco and large indoor mall. Staff were friendly and helpful. My 4th floor room had view of Capitol area and Pentagon (for the best views, go to 17th floor and look out hallway windows). There wasn't any soap in my room, so I had to go to the front desk for some; the 2nd morning had all toiletries refreshed. The room is typical Residence Inn, and was clean and fresh. The tub is a negative, with it being narrow and rounded to the middle. Breakfast area was large and well-stocked the two mornings I ate. I ate their free dinner one evening and it was very good ... bbq sandwiches and macaroni and cheese, along with free alcoholic drinks (assorted) and soda.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to recommend the Residence Inn in Pantagon City. Thank you for being a repeat visitor to our hotel as well. I'm sorry that your room was not fully stocked when you arrived, but happy that you recieved prompt service from our staff. I look forward to welcoming you personally on your next visit.

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City? Share your experiences!