“Excellent Stay! Excellent Room! Excellent Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 15% off
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Gilbert, Arizona
“Excellent Stay! Excellent Room! Excellent Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was here for 2 weeks 4/7/13-4/19/13. I LOVE this Residence Inn! I was here for training in DC, and the location is perfect to grab the Metro for all of your DC needs! My room was a good space, with living, working, and the full kitchen. The room is modern, well thought-out and quality bedding and fixtures. The bed and pillows were perfect for me, no aching or stiffness, which is a rarity and true delight with my bulging disc and arthritis! Breakfast everyday and the light dinner M-W is such a welcome bonus! On-site laundry was wonderful! The staff is helpful for all your questions, always greeting you with a smile! The other hotels recommended to me had shady reviews and horrible pictures with dank, dreary tiny rooms. I am so glad I acted upon the recommendation of a co-worker and stayed here! Without thought or question, if I have further training in DC, this will be my hotel! Thank you so very much for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: I was given a corner room, which was nice, since I only had one neighbor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Glenn W, Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to recommend the Residence Inn of Penatgon City on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that your stay with us exceeded your expectations, and that you were able to enjoy some of our complimentary services. I look forwarding to welcoming you personally on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Helena, Mt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here last year on vacation, so chose it for a short business trip again this year. Location is very good, with two different Metro stops within safe walking distance, along with a Costco and large indoor mall. Staff were friendly and helpful. My 4th floor room had view of Capitol area and Pentagon (for the best views, go to 17th floor and look out hallway windows). There wasn't any soap in my room, so I had to go to the front desk for some; the 2nd morning had all toiletries refreshed. The room is typical Residence Inn, and was clean and fresh. The tub is a negative, with it being narrow and rounded to the middle. Breakfast area was large and well-stocked the two mornings I ate. I ate their free dinner one evening and it was very good ... bbq sandwiches and macaroni and cheese, along with free alcoholic drinks (assorted) and soda.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to recommend the Residence Inn in Pantagon City. Thank you for being a repeat visitor to our hotel as well. I'm sorry that your room was not fully stocked when you arrived, but happy that you recieved prompt service from our staff. I look forward to welcoming you personally on your next visit.
Wake Forest, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is a nice hotel. We were disappointed that the gym was still not open, despite signage stating that it should have been 2 weeks prior to our visit (they did offer an alternative, but we did not use this service). Room was nice and comfortable. I requested a view of the Pentagon, but was given a view of an empty, overgrown lot (not a big complaint here as I know that all requests cannot be accommodated). The bathroom had no toiletries and we were told by housekeeping that they were not allowed to give them out; you had to go to the front desk to obtain them. Again not a huge deal, as we always pack everything we could need, it was just odd as I have never been to a hotel that did not place toiletries in the bathroom. My biggest complaint with this hotel was the shower. The shower/tub combination in our room was a real safety hazard. The tub was very curved at the bottom, leaving nowhere for your feet to go but up the vertical sides, unless you stood with one foot in front of the other (which I had to do for each shower). The shower was very slick/slippery as it had no type of traction installed (and with the curved sides and lack of space at the bottom, this created a really bad situation). I was 6 months pregnant at the time and spent all of my time in the shower trying not to fall; an elderly person would definitely not be safe in this shower. When getting out my foot would slip as I would try to step out; again due to the curved bottom and no traction. The sink would also make this weird sound for roughly 5 minutes after each use. The noise sounded like a drainage issue, but we never saw any drainage problems on our end. The kitchen area did not have appropriate cleaning supplies (not dish soap or dishwasher cleaner). This was not a problem for us as we did not use the kitchen for any type of cooking (this is just an fyi for anyone who may need it). The shuttle service was great and we never had to wait more than a few minutes. Breakfast is very crowded and finding somewhere to sit is a huge problem. The elevators are slow at peak times, but that is to be expected. The walls in this hotel are extremely thin. We could hear when people above and beside us would flush the toilet, walk to heavily, laugh, talk, television shows, everything. This was very irritating. Luckily most of our "neighbors" when to bed by 1:00 am so it did not keep us up. Unfortunately, our "neighbors" got up early and would wake us with all the noise.
Overall this is a nice hotel in a great location (close to the mall and the metro). The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for recommending the Pentagon City Residence Inn on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am happy to report that our fitness center is now complete. I am concerend to hear the inconviences you experienced while staying with us. The toiletries and cleaning supplies you mentioned are included, and should have been available for you, and for that I apologize. I know you mentioned that these were not big issues, but we pride ourselves on providing problem free stays, and we did not deliver on your visit.. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss this further, I would appreciate that. (703)413-6630.
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We booked our trip for Mon. - Fri. The hotel serves a breakfast buffet every morning that saved us time and money during our DC vacation. They also served dinner Mon. - Wed. and ice cream on Thurs. The dinner was okay. Not great but decent. One night was beef BBQ sandwich, mac n cheese, salad, and yellow cake. Adults get 3 free beers or glasses of wine too. The best part was the staff was excellent and helped us a lot. They gave us maps and suggestions for nearby Pentagon Row and the metro. They have a shuttle to drop you off and pickup within a mile if you need a ride. Our 2 bedroom suite/ 2 bathrooms worked out great for the 5 of us. It was very,very clean and we loved that we were not on top of each other. Our 2 daughters had one room, teenage son slept on pullout sofa in living room/kitchen area and we had the other bedroom. We each had our own TVs and views of the Pentagon below. The metro is only two blocks away. We bought water and snacks at the CVS. We ate breakfast at the hotel, spent the day sightseeing in DC and then returned in the afternoon to swim in the hotel and eat dinner in Pentagon City or hotel. Parking was $23/day but we only walked or rode the metro while we were here. We would stay here again definitely!

• Stayed April 2013
Glenn W, Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Pentagon City Residence Inn on TripAdvisor. I'm happy that our room was able to accomidate your family so well, and gave you all plenty of room to stretch out. I also know how taxing a family trip to DC can be, and it's great to hear that our amenities allowed you and your family to unwind and recharge while at the hotel. Thank you for the comments about the staff as well. Considering our convenient location and newly renovated rooms, it is a huge compliment to hear that our staff was the best part. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here on several occasions, the hotel is nice, clean, and the staff is friendly for the DC area. The hotel is right across the street from the Pentagon, near metro, shops and restaurants.

Nice breakfast buffet!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to recommend the Pentagon City Residence Inn on TripAdvisor. You also mentioned that you have stayed with us on several occasions, thank you for that as well. I'm happy that you found our location convenient and that our complimentary breakfast buffet prepared you for your day. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Arlington.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I recently stayed in a king-bedroom suite, complete with living room area, dining table, and kitchen. It was so great and convenient to have a fridge and a kitchen at my disposal. In addition, the hotel serves a free hot breakfast and wi-fi is free! I couldn't have asked for much more except for their shuttles to be a little bigger, though they were a life saver as they dropped off and picked up at the mall and the pentagon city metro station. Great views of the pentagon! I would definitely return!

Room Tip: The hotel has a shuttle that takes you directly to the Fashion Center Mall / Pentagon City Metro Sta...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I would for sure recommend this hotel to others. We took a family trip for my grandfathers 88 birthday so he could see the war memorials. There were 6 adults and a baby 9 months old. The hotel was clean and nice. It was super convenient to the tours we had signed up for as well as the metro. There was also plenty of options close by for shopping and eating. The hotel offered a free shuttle service from airport and the local mall where we could catch all the transportation options. The best thing about this hotel was the staff, they went over and beyond good customer service, always friendly, helpful and courteous. We dealt with one woman fairly often on our first day, Martha/Marta... she was incredible and made the start to our visit smooth. No matter how many questions we had she had a smile and answers and being we had a 88 year old and 9 month old and flew in in the morning she helped us get at least one of our rooms early so we could get them settled. The breakfast wasn't as great as some of the other resident's inn I have stayed at but it was good enough and a value in itself. No outdoor pool but one inside and they even had a lifeguard on duty which I have never seen elsewhere. Hotel was clean and current on finishes. Again I would for sure recommend this hotel and other hotel staff could surely learn a thing or two from the staff at this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City? Share your experiences!