“Awesome stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

First we chose this hotel because it is number 1 in arlington. We planned to go to DC for the first time ever during the cherry blossom season. Since downtown dc is over the top expensive, we chose Arlington.
We arrived at 1pm and our room was ready for us. We had a great view of the pentagon from our room!
Great customer service and very helpful specially for us not knowing anything about the city.
Train station is literally 1. 1/2 blocks away. Veryyyy convenient specially if you want to stay late in the city.
Breakfast was great and had just enough options. Very clean and staff kept everything full and hot at all times. They also have a do it yourself waffle station which can get a little out of control if everybody decides to have a waffle.
Ice cream and popcorn on Thursday night and lite dinner on Mon, tues and Wed. We had dinner on Monday only (tri-color tortellini with tomato sauce, warm rolls, Caesar salad, pretzels, soda and a cash bar) Delish!!!
Nice hot tub, pool and gym with a lifeguard!
Shuttle from-to airport.
1.1/2 blocks from a huge mall with nice food court for a quick bite. CVS/ marshalls/best buy and Costco on the corner.
Great stay! Would def stay again.
** book on their website for a AAA discount!!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Being a regular visitor to the DC /Northern VA area, this place was discovered by accident after my regular stay places were sold out. Marriott reservation offered this location, and accepted. It is a fantastic service provider, decent location, and staff was very good. The room was a decent size, clean, nice view of Pentagon from the 16th floor (pick even number of room).

Room Tip: even number rooms on high floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
atlanta ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

busy week Spring break with full house, yet the place is run so smooth on operation, outstanding staff, clean rooms, great breakfast and dinner. Absolutely the best Residence Inn, did not regret $23 parking fee. it is so convenient. 2 malls and Harris Tweeter within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I had two rooms for the cherry blossom festival. The staff have me a room with a view of the pentagon and the DC monuments. The staff is extremely nice and accommodating. I wish there were vents in the bathroom and an extra mirror in the room besides the bathroom. Otherwise this hotel was perfect!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was in DC for 48 hours to attend meetings at the Pentagon/White House. My flight came into Washington- Reagan Airport and I was promptly picked up by the shuttle and brought to the hotel. Check in was a breeze even though my travel arrangements were made and paid for by a third party, and I was able to relax in my King Bed Suite with full kitchen and nice sofa/desk work space, before a day full of meetings the next day. My room was very clean, modern and up to date. I could have easily had 4-5 people in my room for a meeting. We got a few free drinks at happy hour and our group of 6 had plenty of room in the breakfast area to spread out and discuss our presentation for the next day. Hotel shuttle took us to a local restaurant for dinner and brought us back as well. Breakfast in the morning was simple, but fresh and good. All the staff I had interaction with were very friendly. I checked out before my day of meetings and the hotel held my bags for me so in the evening before my flight I walked back from the Pentagon to the hotel and was able to catch the free hotel shuttle to the airport.

This hotel is also within easy walking distance to the Pentagon City shopping mall area and Metro station.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Graham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My fiance and I were here over Easter weekend. Room was immaculate with a very nice kitchen area and comoputer/work area. Definitely designed for business customers. Could almost reach out and touch the Pentagon from our room. Hotel was very busy but Staff was very friendly and hellpful. Brakfast bugffet one of the best i have seen. Would definitely stay here agian when in the ara. convenient to Metro, shopping and jsut a few blocks from Restaurant Row.

Room Tip: We had to stand at an angle to actually see the Pentago from our room. I'm sure if you asked you...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We just returned from a 5 night stay in the area. The hotel is in a great location, close to metro, mall and grocery store. Plus, the shuttle essentially will take you anywhere within a one mile radius. (we loved taking the metro and you are only two stops away from L'enfante Plaza stop which can switch you to any line to get anywhere or you can take the blue line around if you don't want to switch trains - we found the switching very easy and much less time on the train) The hotel is extremely clean and the staff is AMAZING! Everytime we asked for anything, from an extra shampoo to towel, they were extremely prompt and friendly (Miriam is also so personable!) One of our kids was unfortunately sick while we were there and they went above and beyond helping us out.

The breakfast is really nice to have and the evening meal is also great if you are around (usually less crowded than breakfast) I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is definitely not a 5 star hotel with super fancy rooms and spa related amenities, but the rooms are nice and clean and the staff makes it 5 star!! (the kitchen is also nice to have)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City? Share your experiences!