“Great access to Washinton dc” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great access to Washinton dc”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We recently stayed for a week with a family group. The hotel put all 3 rooms together which was very nice. All areas were clean and comfortable. Daily breakfast was crowded but still accessible and convenient. Easy walk to Metro Blue and Yellow lines and pentagon city mall. Convenient shuttle to airport, metro, and local restaurants in the crystal city area. The kids liked the indoor pool and hot tub.

476 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Morganville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed at this Residence Inn last week for five days and four nights. Our goal was to park our car in the garage and leave it there while we toured Washington DC. This worked out perfectly as the location is just two blocks from the Metro located across the street from the Fashion Center Mall, which is a great place to grab a quick bite to eat. We had a room on the 16th floor overlooking the capitol building and the airport. The room was very clean and comfortable - King Bed suite with a pull out sofa for our son. The desk area for our computer(s) was spacious and located at one of the large windows overlooking the city. It was also convenient having a well stocked kitchen area. We never made it in time to the complimentary breakfast as we usually woke up late and started out at around 10 AM or so and we also never made it to the complimentary cocktails and food as we usually got back late. But, these options were nice to have. We did not interact with the hotel staff to much, but for the times we did, they were very pleasant. Overall, I would say this Residence Inn definitely offered the most value for our money. We did research many hotels to stay out prior to booking this one and we are very happy with our choice and would definitely stay here again.

Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed there for 4 nights while on business. The employees were very friendly and helpful. They have breakfast Monday thru Friday. Scrambled eggs, waffles and toast available every morning. Not to impressed with meats, and never any bacon served. Monday thru Wednesday nights they served complimentary food. Not very impressive. Monday night was salad that included tossed salad and 3 pasta salads. Tuesday was barbeque. Unknown meat product with bbq sauce, yams and salad. Wednesday I passed. They also serve 3 complimentary glasses of either wine or beer per person M - W. Thursday night they served ice cream with toppings. That was nice. Hotel is very close to Pentagon City Mall, within walking distance and they offer free shuttle in and around Crystal City, as well as a free airport shuttle. Metro stop right by the mall allowing access to lots of other areas. Could see the Pentagon from my room. Room with king bed, big screen tv, desk and sofa and table with two chairs and a full kitchen. Didn't use the kitchen, but took a look and discovered it was fully stocked with pots and pans, silverware and plates, as well as linens, dishwasher, full fridge and stove top and microwave. All rooms are away from the elevator and I never heard any noise in the hallways. Great place to stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
cringer1124
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I always enjoy staying at Residence Inns and this one fits right in! Excellent views of the Pentagon and Arlington Cemetery from the top floors. Walking distance to the Pentagon. Great hot breakfast. Rooms with full kitchens. My only complaint...there was one working elevator in a fully booked 20 story hotel - not idea - and it stayed broken for 2 weeks.

Room Tip: Top floors have excellent views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights: great employees, great service, good food. Breakfast and the evening socials were a bit hectic and chaotic but that was due to a lot of kids running around (Spring Break time). People were standing in lines for food, and it seemed a bit cramped in the food area, but there are a lot of tables for eating. Lots of military personnel since you're right across from the Pentagon (I loved that!) Nice shuttle van drivers too, and it's close to the Metro. I asked for a room with a Pentagon view and had a great view of that and DC. I'll stay here when I visit DC again.

• Stayed March 2013
dayton, oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just got back from a spring break trip to D.C., we somehow lucked into staying at this wonderful place. We were doing a last minute trip and I googled :dc hotel near metro with indoor pool" and somehow found this Residence Inn, how lucky for us that it wasn't booked! The thing that stands out most among all of the great things: clean quiet room, great breakfast, managers reception (with beer and wine), indoor pool, big fridge in room, etc. was the extremely freindly staff. I can't imagine having to deal with that many people during the breakfast rush and stay sane, but the staff was not only sane, they were extremely friendly. I was telling my husband about my trip and how friendly the staff was, his comment was, "what do you expect, it is a marriott"... to which I can reply, this staff goes above and beyond what I would expect from a marriott owned property (and I do expect a lot from marriott)! Hat's off to the management that has obviously made friendly service a top priority, it is working!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We arrived at this beautiful hotel and were greeted by a staff of the friendliest people ever. They all seem to really love their jobs. We went up to our room and WOW, it was so clean and inviting, it has a full kitchen and it's all updated. We sat on the bed and we were amazed at the comfort of the bed. (and yes, it was one of the best sleeps I've had in a long time) It was so nice I didn't want to leave the room. The next morning we went to get breakfast, it was awesome, they have everything you could want for breakfast. We enjoyed the waffles and bacon but they have all kinds of great food. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone and I will let people I know how awesome this was. Thank you to all the staff at the Residence Inn, Pentagon City. I will be back!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City? Share your experiences!