“Great Hotel, Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Free Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
cringer1124
“Great Hotel, Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I always enjoy staying at Residence Inns and this one fits right in! Excellent views of the Pentagon and Arlington Cemetery from the top floors. Walking distance to the Pentagon. Great hot breakfast. Rooms with full kitchens. My only complaint...there was one working elevator in a fully booked 20 story hotel - not idea - and it stayed broken for 2 weeks.

Room Tip: Top floors have excellent views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

476 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights: great employees, great service, good food. Breakfast and the evening socials were a bit hectic and chaotic but that was due to a lot of kids running around (Spring Break time). People were standing in lines for food, and it seemed a bit cramped in the food area, but there are a lot of tables for eating. Lots of military personnel since you're right across from the Pentagon (I loved that!) Nice shuttle van drivers too, and it's close to the Metro. I asked for a room with a Pentagon view and had a great view of that and DC. I'll stay here when I visit DC again.

• Stayed March 2013
dayton, oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just got back from a spring break trip to D.C., we somehow lucked into staying at this wonderful place. We were doing a last minute trip and I googled :dc hotel near metro with indoor pool" and somehow found this Residence Inn, how lucky for us that it wasn't booked! The thing that stands out most among all of the great things: clean quiet room, great breakfast, managers reception (with beer and wine), indoor pool, big fridge in room, etc. was the extremely freindly staff. I can't imagine having to deal with that many people during the breakfast rush and stay sane, but the staff was not only sane, they were extremely friendly. I was telling my husband about my trip and how friendly the staff was, his comment was, "what do you expect, it is a marriott"... to which I can reply, this staff goes above and beyond what I would expect from a marriott owned property (and I do expect a lot from marriott)! Hat's off to the management that has obviously made friendly service a top priority, it is working!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We arrived at this beautiful hotel and were greeted by a staff of the friendliest people ever. They all seem to really love their jobs. We went up to our room and WOW, it was so clean and inviting, it has a full kitchen and it's all updated. We sat on the bed and we were amazed at the comfort of the bed. (and yes, it was one of the best sleeps I've had in a long time) It was so nice I didn't want to leave the room. The next morning we went to get breakfast, it was awesome, they have everything you could want for breakfast. We enjoyed the waffles and bacon but they have all kinds of great food. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone and I will let people I know how awesome this was. Thank you to all the staff at the Residence Inn, Pentagon City. I will be back!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

What a wonderful visit my sisters and I had last month at this hotel! We have stayed at many Residence Inns around the country including two others in Arlington, and this one by far was the best! Yes, the location is great; the Pentagon City Mall and public transportation are right around the corner, but our stay was extra special due to the staff of this hotel - from the moment we walked in the door and met Mariam to our van rides with Ray and Yohannes to the wonderful breakfast staff to our check-out with Martha - each and every person treated us like royalty! Each and every staff member should be rewarded for their above and beyond the call of duty service to their guests. Forget being the number one hotel in Arlington; this hotel should be number one in America! We're going back in a couple of weeks, and we can't wait!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Everything about this hotel is great, and we will definitely go back. The only problem with the king suite is the fact that the bed is right next to the open bathroom, which has no door. So, the bright overhead light shines right on the bed in the middle of the night, waking the other person. Not romantic. Definitely bring a night light.

• Stayed March 2013
Ellicottville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is the best hotel to stay in when you have to work at the Pentagon as it's right across the parking lot and Army-Navy Drive and very close to National Airport. The rooms are all newly remodeled and the hotel is huge. The breakfast area in the mornings is busy but also remodeled so easy to get around and always well stocked, as are the evening meals. There are plenty of meeting rooms here as well, and the neighborhood has a lot to offer as it's only two blocks from The Pentagon City Mall. The staff here is phenomenal. A guy named Mike at the front desk remembers me by name every time I check in and is very friendly and professional. It's also right next to two metro stations (Pentagon and Pentagon City) so it's a good option when visiting DC.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City? Share your experiences!