“Older but remodeled hotel in a great location next to Pentaon” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up to 25% in No. VA
Ranked #4 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Ellicottville, New York
“Older but remodeled hotel in a great location next to Pentaon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is the best hotel to stay in when you have to work at the Pentagon as it's right across the parking lot and Army-Navy Drive and very close to National Airport. The rooms are all newly remodeled and the hotel is huge. The breakfast area in the mornings is busy but also remodeled so easy to get around and always well stocked, as are the evening meals. There are plenty of meeting rooms here as well, and the neighborhood has a lot to offer as it's only two blocks from The Pentagon City Mall. The staff here is phenomenal. A guy named Mike at the front desk remembers me by name every time I check in and is very friendly and professional. It's also right next to two metro stations (Pentagon and Pentagon City) so it's a good option when visiting DC.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

528 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I traveled to this hotel this past weekend for the Rock N Roll half marathon with a group of friends. This hotel is what every hotel should strive to be. From the moment we walked in the door, the staff was just wonderful! Big shout out to Zemy at the front desk. She just made our stay perfect. The breakfast was fabulous, and the staff really worked hard to make sure the food was replenished, the tables were clear, and keep up with the volume of guests. The rooms were beautiful and spacious, and very clean. And you can't beat that residence inn popcorn! We used the shuttle a couple of times and it was very convenient. The location of the hotel is right off the metro, so it was very easy to get into the heart of the city. Plus, the staff is very knowledgeable about the public transportation system. This will definitely be my hotel of choice when returning to DC.

I hope the general manager of this property takes good care of their staff, because their staff takes really good care of their guests!!! Kudos to the entire staff, well done!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Yes the location and accommodations were great but let's get real for a moment: as a woman I have to say that the bathroom had the Best Lighting Ever!!! (Electric Lighting/back-lit mirror) This feature alone would make me want to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013
Layton, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at this property in August 2012 and it was simply wonderful. The room was clean and spacious. The pool was a good temperature, well maintained and clean. We didn't have any noticeable noise from the freeway or airport. The breakfast was one of the best we've had anywhere. This is a big hotel, and both mornings of our stay there was a large crowd in the breakfast area; however, they had lots of people working, so items were never out of stock and were always hot. They have a shuttle that took us pretty much anywhere we wanted to go within a few mile radius. We've done a lot of walking in DC, so that was a great perk! There was not a lot of waiting either, even when returning to the hotel. We called the hotel a few minutes before we wanted to be picked up and the shuttle arrived shortly thereafter. We had ice cream and popcorn one night as part of the managers reception and it was very nice, too.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side have a view of the Pentagon, DC landmarks, Arlington Cemetery and Reagan Nat...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DEN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I rarely give excellent reviews, check my profile and you'll see. However after much deliberation I felt it was a fair score for this hotel. Keep in mind this is not a Ritz Carlton or any other full service hotel, this is a Residence Inn. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I'd never discredit them for not having a full service restaurant, or bellman on staff.

My husband had business in DC so we decided to all tag along for a short trip. This hotel's location was quite practical for his work in Arlington, and our leisure travel. From check in to check out the staff was extremely courteous and wanted to ensure that our needs were being met. I wish I could remember the gentleman who checked us in's name, I believe it was Raymond. Anyhow he was very helpful and found adjoining rooms for our small group.

The lobby is very spacious and clean, and the rooms are even cleaner. The layout of our studio suites were the best I've ever seen at a Residence Inn, or any other suite hotel. Everything is clean, and they provide necessary toiletries for your stay.

In the morning there is a continental breakfast which is quite good in comparison to what other hotels in the same category offer. They had warm and cold food, eggs, bagels, cereal, fruit, yogurt, whatever you want. I typically stick with the cold food offerings for continental breakfast so I cannot speak to the quality of the eggs and such.

After breakfast you can have someone from the front desk staff shuttle you to the nearest Metro station where you can easily hop on the blue line and head down to the Mall or any other destination you choose. No need for a car. The cost to park at this hotel is $25 a night, I believe. We did have a car as my husband needed it for work, but otherwise we'd have gone without. Less a terrible traffic jam you are about a 10-20 min drive into DC.

There are plenty of restaurants, and shopping near the hotel, and I believe the shuttle will take you to all of them. You can also easily walk to these locations as well.

This is a great hotel. I highly recommend it, and hope it's as easy, and convenient for you as it was for us.

Room Tip: As for a view of the Pentagon. You'll also be able to see Arlington National Cemetery, and the W...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Glossop, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom suite and was very impressed with the space and comfort it provided. Each bedroom was ensuite with flat panel TV. Another flat panel TV was in the lounge which had a kitchen area with oven, microwave, fridgefreezer and dish washer. Despite being close to a freeway and approach path for the National Airport the rooms were perfectly quiet. Breakfast was very good. A very wide variety offered with the choice from healthy to sugar fest. The cooked selection changed each day and was very tasty. All items were regularly replenished.

It really is only a short walk to the Metro and in a couple of stops and you are at The Mall and a good starting point for Washington's tourist trail.

Our only regret was that the pool was closed for refurbishment and due to President's Day we didn't get to sample one of the evening socials. We would certainly return.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My criteria for a hotel in DC was that it had to be close to a metro station, have free breakfast and wifi as well as free parking. Well the free parking wasn't happening anywhere close to a metro stop so I gave up on that requirement. Aside from that, this was one of the best hotel experiences I've had in a very long time. As this hotel is directly across the interstate from the Pentagon, they are very used to working with the military and are very tuned to those needs. As an example, there are several clocks in the lobby showing the time in different places such as Afghanistan, etc. The staff was very friendly and had all kinds of advice for places to eat, things to do, etc. We reserved a two bedroom suite (my parents, my brother and I). The lady checking us in moved us to a suite that had one King bedroom for my parents and the other with two full beds so my brother and I wouldn't have to share a bed.

This is an extended stay hotel so many of the rooms (if not all of them) have full kitchens with dishes, pans and everything you need to stay out of a restaurant for a while. Many hotels have free breakfast and have gotten quite good at it, this hotel takes it a step further and offers a complimentary lite dinner. I believe it's Monday-Thursdays. The one night we stayed that lined up with that schedule was a sundae bar; not exactly dinner but it was delicious and free food is free food.

The only negatives I can recall for the rooms were that the beds were a little firm for my taste and although the rooms had flat panel TVs, they're reaching the point that they should be replaced soon.

The Pentagon City Metro stop is only a 5-7 minute walk from the hotel as well as the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City, which despite its name is a full shopping center, food court and all. The area surrounding the hotel is pretty much all commercial or government, so it's very quiet at night. And even though the metro can get you to the airport (Reagan), we took the free airport shuttle. The schedule was excellent they got us there in no time at all.

If I ever have to visit Washington in the future, this is where I'm going to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor facing the Pentagon, it's a great view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City? Share your experiences!