“Great Arlington hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 47 hotels in Arlington
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Great Arlington hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

As long as Marriott Courtyards will not offer free in-room wi-fi, I will not rate any of said hotels as excellent. Other than that, there is not much to complain about. Only stayed for one night. Our suite was spacious and clean, althought probably a little too expensive considering this hotel is not actually in DC ($269). The A/C worked perfectly, whcih was very important on a warm early summer day/night. Parking was only $10 a night which seems very reasonable for the area. The hotel is hidden on a hill which could make it a little hard to find. Hotel has a shuttle that takes you to the metro station and the surrounding areas.

• Stayed June 2010

304 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

We (2 adults and 1 toddler) stayed here for a long weekend trip to DC and highly recommend it. It is in a great location, only a few minutes walk to the Rosslyn Metro (though uphill on the way back). For the price, it was a great stay. The hotel was clean, comfortable and conveniently located. Our room had a mini-fridge, which was nice for my child's milk and snacks. There was a grocery store on Wilson Blvd if we needed anything else along with different places to get breakfast, lunch or dinner. The area around the hotel was also nice, and we enjoyed walking around after dinner.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Locust Fork Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Rosslyn for the 2nd time and it was just as pleasurable as the 1st. time we stayed last year. This time my wife and I took our 3 kids. The hotel allows 5 to a room which is unusual and it saved us from having to rent 2 rooms. The only drawback is they don't allow a roll away bed in a room with 2 beds. I didn't want to complain because I was just glad I didn't have to get 2 rooms. So if you have 3 kids that are older and you can't squeeze 3 into a bed take an air mattress and it isn't a problem. I have stated all the good things about the hotel in a previous review so I won't repeat them. I would like to add that 2 metro stops from the hotel is an area called Clarendon. It is very nice and a great place to eat dinner with several great restaurants. Its a very enjoyable walk straight down Clarendon or Wilson Blvd back to the hotel if you don't want to ride the subway back. I also would recommend going to Old Town Alexandria for a nice stroll in an historic 18th century town. Just take the Blue line Metro a few stops to the King street station. Walk down King street to the Potomac river. We took Cameron street back which is 2 blocks over for a very historical walk. The only thing that might be a concern about the hotel is the internet service. The wired service in the room works fine 1/3 of the time, is very slow 1/3 of the time and doesn't work at all the other 1/3 of the time..The lobby internet also is not as fast as mine at home and sometimes is slow. This is only a concern if you were a business person and really relied heavily on the internet for work. This is a fine hotel in a very safe, secure and convenient area. We will stay here every time we visit D.C.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

My husband, adult daughter and I visited DC for 3 days. The staff, rooms, and service at the Courtyard Rosslyn were very good. My husband is a disabled Vietnam Vet and the staff provided the courtesy van to take us to the Metro station and picked us up upon our return. It is a bit hilly in the area and he would not have been able to make that 2-3 block walk. We would stay here again without hesitation. It is a nice area with restaurants and pubs. There were young professionals living in this area who were out for an evening stroll, jogging, or walking their dogs. The Courtyard provided visitor info including a list of area restaurants within walking distance and directions from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

My girlfriend and I went to DC for a long weekend. We decided on the same weekend as the Cherry Blossom Festival knowing we would have a lot to do. We looked at hotel prices and because it is such a busy weekend, most of the hotels near the Capital, White House, etc. were well over $250/night. We looked at some alternatives around the city but not too far. We found the Courtyard Marriott because it was right across the river from all the major site seeing venues. It is also just north of Arlington National Cemetery (1 stop away) and near Georgetown (we walked from Georgetown to the hotel and it took about 25 minutes). The biggest factor in deciding to stay there was its proximity to the Metro station. The reviews said it was close so we gave it a shot. The room was very moderately priced (about $120/night with tax). We took the Washington Flyer bus from Dulles to the West Falls Church Metro station then to Rosslyn Metro. Got off and after getting our bearings, found the hotel relatively easily. It was about a 8-9 minute walk with luggage. 5-6 minute walk without.

Friendly staff, clean rooms and updated furniture and flat screen TV. We had a king size bed and the room was very comfortable. Nice selection of places to eat nearby (although DC has so many good places to eat, I would try to eat elsewhere). We did eat at Rays Steakhouse which was in Arlington, about a 4 minute cab ride, and it was one of the best steaks for the price.

We got up each morning and hit the nearby Starbucks on our way to the Metro (one of the quickest moving lines at a Starbucks I have ever been to) and we were in the heart of DC 15 minutes later. If you don't mind walking just a bit, it was well worth the savings. We ate breakfast one morning at the hotel-it was good. Standard Courtyard Marriott which is good. Ok value at about $12 a person. I would highly recommend the hotel for cleanliness, amenities, room, staff and price.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

I slept there only one night, but I can say for sure that this is a very good hotel.
I can't say I have one complain.
There's internet downstairs for those who dont have laptops.
the shower is alright.
its not a 5 stars hotel , but it is clean and very comfortable hotel and great value for it's price

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Hartshorne, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

My husband and I just returned from spending 5 nights at this hotel. It was a great experience. We arrived late and the check-in process was very quick. The staff was very helpful. Metro is only 2 blocks downhill....If you don't like walking uphill for the return you may want to take the Courthouse Metro stop and you walk downhill. It is approx 3 blocks. The beds were very comfortable with plenty of pillows....Maid service was excellent. All in all this was a great experience. I would definately recommend this hotel to all persons traveling to the DC Area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Arlington Rosslyn? Share your experiences!