“Where do I begin?” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Richmond, Virginia
“Where do I begin?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

The rooms are not clean, the staff is extremely rude! After bringing up the issue with the front desk (giving them the benefit of the doubt) they didn't even try... Their default response was "so when are you leaving"... the answer ended up being -- "as soon as I get my bags".

Do yourself a favor and save your time!!!

Stayed July 2014
Fatima A, Property Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Arlington Rosslyn, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Again, I greatly apologize for not having the room type you requested available..

Please be assured that I have followed up with the front desk associate involved to avoid such problems in the future. As per my previous message, please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss this further.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I could not sing their praises enough if I tried. The front desk was superb every time I stopped in: to register, get directions, buy stuff, ask questions - you name it. The room was large, comfortable, clean and VERY quiet - a welcome blessing if you have been travelling internationally and need to reset your sleep clock. A 5 minute walk to the Rosslyn Metro/Bus station - and FSI/State bus picks up across the street. Taxis are plentiful, Restaurants (and good ones!) abound in the neighborhood. I honestly don't know why anyone would find it "not a good location". Easy flight check in terminals in the lobby, great breakfast. I recommend it highly!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Fatima A, Property Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Arlington Rosslyn, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I was really happy with my room and with the overall experience in this hotel, especially considering the relatively inexpensive price I paid for the room.
The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the Rosslyn metro staton, and only 10 minutes by taxi from DCA airport.
The lobby and common areas are very modern, open, and welcoming.
The pool and fitness center are both a bit small but very nice and even if they're small it's not a problem because they were empty each time I went.
The breakfast place in the lobby has a few selections for a quick hot or cold breakfast, along wig Starbucks coffee - all at a very reasonable price (8$ for a coffee, juice, and muffin).
My king bed room was large, and well laid out. In addition to the bed there was a large dresser, desk, flat screen tv, and a sofa with coffee table. The sink is in a separate little area before you enter the bathroom.
The staff at the front desk are very professional and friendly.
I would definitely recommend the Courtyard Marriott Rosslyn.

Stayed August 2014
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience and I am glad to hear that you were happy with your stay with us!
Winterville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

You really can not beat this hotel! The area is nice, and only 10 minute walk (uphill, but I needed it after how much I ate!) from the Metro! Best price for how close and convienent it is to everything. Shuttle service was available everytime we asked for, no waiting! Service was sooo polite, and you can tell they really cared about your stay there. Room was awesome! Everything I needed, super clean! I would stay here again and again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
I am delighted to hear that enjoyed your stay with us and greatly appreciate you talking the time to share your positive experience!
Palm Desert, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

This was the third Courtyard hotel my family and I stayed in on this trip (others were in Boston and NYC), and I was pretty disappointed. The location was fine -- walking distance to the Rosslyn Metro and only a stop or two away from some great restaurants. The room was slightly run down compared with the previous two hotels, and the toilets in both rooms we stayed in ran if you forgot to jiggle the handle. I tried to use the hotel laundry and the dryer was broken, so I had to call the maintenance man to start it up. It was fixed by later in the week. But the worst problem was the WiFi. I only book hotels with free WiFi because we have four iPads and two iPhones and a laptop among the four of us (we rent two rooms). We could not get a signal at all in our first room, and our iPhone signals would die if we crossed the room while talking. The staff tried hard to be helpful, even connecting my husband to the tech support people off site, but it was no use. They said they would move us the next day to a room on an odd floor near a hub. We packed up and left our luggage at the desk the next morning, but when we got back, they had moved us from 6 to 10. There, we could occasionally connect, but not hold the connection for more than a few minutes. We gave up and went to the lobby when we truly needed a strong connection. This was a major pain because we were there for five nights. In fact, I wanted to write this review while I was there, but I could never get connected, so I'm writing from a Homewood Suites in Charlottesville! As others have mentioned, one of the elevators was being renovated, so only one worked the entire week. However, we never had to wait very long, so it wasn't a problem.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Fatima A, Property Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Arlington Rosslyn, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I deeply regret that your stay with us was unsatisfactory and apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Please be assured that your concerns about the internet have been addressed. We just recently had our internet upgraded and these problems should not have happened and we are currently taking actions to resolve the issue.

-fatima achhal
Waupun, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while attending work and also taking in some sight seeing events in Washington D.C. Being our first time ever being in the city, we chose this hotel due to how close it was to the Reagan/D.C. airport and also the National Mall. The hotel was very clean and the beds very comfortable. Each day the housekeeping came into clean up the room and tidy up the beds. Front desk staff were very helpful with any questions we had and on last day kind enough to lock up our luggage after check out since our flight didn't leave until late eve. Only complaint is it appeared only 1 elevator was operational at the hotel. Several times we had to wait for quite a long time for an elevator to arrive. Several people were commenting on how only 1 elevator always arrived to take people to the floors. Otherwise decent hotel to stay at, clean, comfortable and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Received a room towards end of the hall higher floor usually more quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and staff. We are currently renovating our elevators and I greatly apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced.

I hope we have the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.
Woodbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed here for our Washington DC visit. Most everything was great and typical of a Courtyard. There is no free breakfast unless you pay the extra daily rate. If you don't, the Bistro is in the lobby and has great food and Starbucks coffee, but the prices are a bit high. The pool has weird hours during the week, I believe it only opened at 3 or 4pm. We put on our bathing suits and went downstairs only to find out it was closed. There is only Valet parking, which is an additional $15.00 per day with in and out privileges. It's a bit tricky to get to this hotel from the highway. It is not easy off/easy on. There are really no fast food restaurants that are close, other than Wendy's which is about a mile walk up the hill. There is a small Safeway grocery store within walking distance, but does not have much. The Metro station is within walking distance, or you can use their free shuttle. It was an ok stay, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Fatima A, Property Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Arlington Rosslyn, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I apologize for the miscommunication but there are plenty of fast food restaurants within one to three blocks from the hotel. Jimmy Johns, Roti Mediterranean grill, McDonalds, Quizno’s, Panera Bread, Chipotle and Chop’t are just to name a few.

Valet parking is only temporary while our garage elevators are being renovated. The $15 garage parking nightly fee is competitive rate in the Rosslyn Area.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and hope you allow us the opportunity to regain your trust the next time you’re in the area.

-Fatima Achhal

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Arlington Rosslyn? Share your experiences!