“Excellent Business Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Miami, Florida
“Excellent Business Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. It had appeared to be recently renovated. It is located in a very nice area, convenient to subway, restaurants,DC. Avoid the Ledo's Pizza. The staff was incredible, especially Brittany. She was very friendly and a true professional. I look forward to my next visit to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Samuel K

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is one of my preferred chains of hotels - you always get good service, clean rooms, comfy beds and Arlington Rosslyn was no exception. The restaurant area in the lobby is relaxed and welcoming. The staff are friendly and helpful. Great location for the metro to downtown. Lots of great restaurants within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms by the ice machines - they're very noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed in a 2 queen guest room for 2 nights.
We arrived early from Union Station and were thankfully able to check in, by friendly reception staff.
Our room was clean & large, with enough space for 4 adults and loads of luggage! The location was superb...walking distance to the metro, restaurants & shops. The beds were extremely comfy, free Wi-Fi was good, the air-con was quiet & efficient. The small kitchen area with a mini refrigerator did the job, but could've done with being a little bit bigger as most of the top was taken up with the coffee maker & condiments. Breakfast was not included in our room, but you could either have your own in your room, like we did, or use The Bistro adjacent to the hotel's lobby. All the hotel's staff treated us with a friendly & professional manner.
Having a laundry facility was a god-send for me...each load cost $1.25 in quarters. I can't say for myself, but my sons say the swimming pool & gym were good.
The only thing I found a little odd was the wash basin being on the outside the bathroom. Although it created no problems, and I can see why it is the room is designed this way due to the small kitchen area, I found it strange when wanting to wash my hands after using the restroom or having to bring out my toiletry bag out of the bathroom, to clean my teeth.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

a nice spot with only one stop to george washington university. The staff was friendly. Rooms were clean. Starbucks in the hotel, There is another starbucks restaurant nearby~ DEFINITELY try Ray's hells burgers on Wilson St 4 lunch Also, there is a coffee shop ~BEAN GOOD~the toward 15th and wilson that has BETTER coffee...locally owned...homemade muffins, breakfast sandwiches. The area is quiet, clean, safe.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Guangzhou, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was in Arlington for a week for training, and the Courtyard by Marriott was just within my per diem. Breakfast was pricey (and so I didn't get it more than once), but otherwise it was a perfect trip. The hotel was comfortable and had wifi, and the location was perfect. I was within walking distance of the metro and several great restaurants, including Ray's to the Third. I plan on staying here any time work sends me to Arlington.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Livonia, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The property itself is located in the sparklingly clean Rosslyn section of Arlington. The staff was very helpful, particularly the young lady who checked us in. As always when asked if I had a preference for the room I said "Anything that has the best chance of being quiet." So many times it seems that request results in a room next to the ice machine and across the hall from the elevator, but in this case, we were at the end of the hall and it was blessedly quiet. Our first room had carpeting that was wet from the air conditioner's condenser (it happens) and when I went back to get the room changed, the desk attendant moved us four floors up and asked "Was the location on the floor to your liking, did it seem quiet?" And so we wound up four floors higher in the same room location. The fact that she took the time to factor what I asked for into the room assignment and then remembered it, impressed me.

As with most Washington area hotels, the parking isn't free, but its only $10.00 in what felt like a very secure underground garage that is part of the hotel. (Parking at the other Courtyard in Arlington - Crystal City - is $24.00 per day.) Driving into DC it seems like you take a left out of the hotel, then another left and are all but immediately on a bridge crossing the Potomac. There is a close Metro station (Rosslyn) a short walk away.

All in all it was a delightful experience, very affordable (it seemed that DC was empty for Labor Day, so the rates were probably lower than usual) and I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
York, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

needed a room for a quick overnight stay while visiting friends. Rate was excellent for the area. Had our friend take us and pick us up, to avoid the parking fee. We usually stay somewhere with a free breakfast, but the cafe in the lobby was adequate although not free. King room with sofa bed was clean but very small. Surprised to find there was no hair dryer. It was a beautiful hotel, close to many sights, lots of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends