“Convenient but small rooms.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up to 25% in No. VA
Ranked #27 of 47 hotels in Arlington
ypsilanti
“Convenient but small rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Rooms are small but window wall gives illusion of space. Oddly, except for a lone ad for cruises, there were no brochures or book on DC sights or restaurants. Mimeograph sheets with an area map and list of restaurants are available at the front desk. By the front door umbrellas are on offer for sale, not loan. The shuttle to nearby places is a big plus. Hint: if you run around the room naked, close the blinds or you will flash the people In the apartments directly across the street. Parking is extra. Typically for DC room rates are higher than at many other Courtyards around the country.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Berlin, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good location. Short walk to Metro.
Hotel was very clean and quiet and priced reasonable. Only negative was it lacked a typical restaurant. It did however have a coffee bar with breakfast quick foods and juice that was OK.
Only bar service in the evening was in the same breakfast bar and prices were very expensive for a cocktail, $27 for two premium drinks. I would recommend and would return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Newton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The sign in front of the hotel is small and easy to miss, but once we found the place, we were very pleased. Room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Had plenty of electrical outlets (which can be in short supply or inconveniently located in many hotels), so we had no trouble charging our electronics, etc. Had some trouble finding the hair dryer (it was not in the bathroom, where you'd expect to find it, but hidden inside a dark cloth bag hung in the wardrobe). Only other complaint was that when we checked in, the desk clerk told us the hours that breakfast would be served the next morning, leading us to assume there was a complimentary breakfast. That's the case at some other Marriott properties, but not here; there's simply a counter-service cafe that offers items for sale. However, there's also a Safeway market about a block away, as well as several other restaurants close by. As other reviewers have mentioned, the Rosslyn Metro stop is also conveniently located nearby, too. And if you're visiting Georgetown University, as we were, there's a free shuttle bus that runs from the Rosslyn stop to the campus. Many thanks to Loubna at the front desk, who not only researched that for us but sent a bellman up to our room with a printout of the shuttle schedule. Loubna gets top marks for stellar service, but overall I'm rating the hotel service only "very good" because of the desk clerk who misled us about breakfast, and the other clerk we dealt with at checkout, who balked at giving us back the luggage we had left at the front desk just a few hours earlier. We could not find the claim tickets, but I told her I could describe the items in detail. She insisted that wasn't good enough, and we spent another 10 minutes fruitlessly searching for the claim tickets. Only when I said that I simply couldn't find them, but asked her to compare the luggage tags to my ID, did she finally say she remembered us and would release the luggage to us.

Hicksville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed for one night in late April. We arrived late on a Friday night after attending a Washington Nationals game - the hotel was only a 5 mile ride or so. Although we arrived after 10:00 pm, there was still quite a bit of life in the lobby. We were greeted promptly by the front desk arttendant - she made arranegments for me to purchase a coffee from the bistro tht was closing down.

We were very impressed by the rooms that were spacious and clean. We were scheduled to check out the next morning, but what impressed me most was some of the things that we didn;t take advantage of. This hotel is ideally situated for visiting DC. The hotel has a secure parking garage - a bargain at $8 a night. Two popular attractions - Arlington Cemetary and the Iwo Jima Memorial - are very close. Georgetown is an easy walk over the Key Bridge - all other Washington tourist attractions can easily be accessed by the Metrorail which has a stop just a few blocks from the hotel.

This hotel, being a Courtyard, does not offer some of the amenities that you will find in a full service Marriott (the Key Bridge Marriott is two blocks away). There are not a huge number of dining options within a one block radius (although there are plent of choices withing a few blocks). These things being said, if you are looking for a clean, comfortable reasonably priced hotel as a place from which to visit DC, you will not be disappointed with this hotel.

Room Tip: High rooms may offer views of Washington attractions
dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

To me, this place was an average 3 start hotel. Nothing was wrong with it, it was clean, bed was comfortable, but there were a few things that would make me choose another hotel next time.
-Clorine smell overpowering the minute the doors open into the lobby. The hotel pool is located on the same floor and the entire 4 days I was there, everything I walked into the lobby I smelled the chlorine. The smell was not apparent on the other floors. Perhaps they should ventilate the pool a bit more.
-No hair dryer in the room and when I asked at the reception I was told there was one in the room. I know to look in strange places for hair dryers and I knew there wasn't one but it seemed like the receptionist didn't believe me. At least when I returned to the room at the end of the day there was a hair dryer.
-Returned one evening to construction on the floor and the door handle completely off my door with wood shavings on the floor on a mat and tools and door handles on my sink next to my personal items. I called the front desk to enquire about what was happening and why I hadn't been notified and again was told there was a note left in my room the previous day. Again, I know to look for things in the room and felt like the receptionist was again telling me how things were instead of providing customer service.

Perhaps this is a good place for families who want a cheaper option than staying in DC, but for business travellers or couples, I'd suggest choosing one of the many other options in the area or hope that their staff gets some improved Marriott customer service training.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed overnight a week ago. Very nice hotel with extremely comfortable beds. The location was perfect, right near the Metro and downtown DC. The room was good sized (family of 5). Walls are paper thin. We could hear the guy next to us coughing. Who knows what he heard from us! We found some ants in the room. If you're not a germaphobe like I am, this place won't disappoint. Bathrooms without sinks in them drive me nuts. Touching the door handle made me cringe. Checking out was inferential, as there is no documentation in the room. Nice hotel, will be back if in the area.

Hartford, Connecticut, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Overnight stay with a group. Very nice hotel - appears new or recently updated - sleek, well-appointed lobby and rooms, comfortable beds, spacious bathrooms with separate sink, nice breakfast area with reasonable breakfast menu and 'package'. Underground parking for fee. Staff very pleasant and professional. Did not use pool or other amenities due to short stay. Reasonable rates for nice hotel - would recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Arlington Rosslyn? Share your experiences!