To me, this place was an average 3 start hotel. Nothing was wrong with it, it was clean, bed was comfortable, but there were a few things that would make me choose another hotel next time.
-Clorine smell overpowering the minute the doors open into the lobby. The hotel pool is located on the same floor and the entire 4 days I was there, everything I walked into the lobby I smelled the chlorine. The smell was not apparent on the other floors. Perhaps they should ventilate the pool a bit more.
-No hair dryer in the room and when I asked at the reception I was told there was one in the room. I know to look in strange places for hair dryers and I knew there wasn't one but it seemed like the receptionist didn't believe me. At least when I returned to the room at the end of the day there was a hair dryer.
-Returned one evening to construction on the floor and the door handle completely off my door with wood shavings on the floor on a mat and tools and door handles on my sink next to my personal items. I called the front desk to enquire about what was happening and why I hadn't been notified and again was told there was a note left in my room the previous day. Again, I know to look for things in the room and felt like the receptionist was again telling me how things were instead of providing customer service.
Perhaps this is a good place for families who want a cheaper option than staying in DC, but for business travellers or couples, I'd suggest choosing one of the many other options in the area or hope that their staff gets some improved Marriott customer service training.
You have no recent hotel searches.