“Great stay, thank you Mr. Boris for your patience & your professionalism!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Arlington Rosslyn

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great stay, thank you Mr. Boris for your patience & your professionalism!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Old hotel, rooms but clean & quite. TV is displayed in a weird area next to the closet which causes bit of inconvenience till you get used to it otherwise, Good hotel & very good & safe area, close by everything.

Room Tip: High floors are always quite....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Very nice hotel. Room was clean, (queen beds) staff was pleasant, location was reasonable, price was good for the area. But very short on details. The hotel does have WiFi, but my IPhone worked much faster when I turned the WiFi off. The TV was new and terrific, but every night when the Olympics began the stations broadcasting the Olympics scrambled and became unwatchable. The man sent to fix the problem could only agree that, yes they were scrambled, and promised to return, which he never did. The restaurant offered only a few hamburgers after breakfast and they would have to find the person who makes them. All of this made it seem like alot of expenses were spared, and made the hotel less desirable to be in when between events.

The location was good, a couple of blocks to the Metro which is a great way to get around the Washington DC area. Just know that the walk back is almost all uphill, which can be a challange after a long day.

Nothing real bad, but came up short in too many areas.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cranbury, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised with the service in this hotel. I have not stayed in a Courtyard in 20 years. We chose this hotel for a long weeked to see the DC sights with our three young kids.

Every single employee with whom we came into contact was cheerful, friendly, helpful, professional, and efficient. The hotel provides a shuttle to the Metro stop. We didn't have any cash on us, but had a 4 year old who almost wet his pants on the return to Rosslyn from DC. We called the hotel upon ascending the escalator in the station and the van pulled up outside just as we walked out onto the street! We didn't have any cash with which to tip the front desk employee who drove us (just in the nick of time!), but she smiled at us and was very gracious despite that. I tipped her the next day and she was just as pleasant and wonderful as can be. This spoke volumes.

We used our Marriott points to book 3 nights. I was nervous when we booked because it seemed as though 2 Queen rooms were standard and there was not an option for a rollaway or sofa bed. When we arrived at the hotel, we were cheerfully assigned to a 1 bedroom suite with 2 Queen beds in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the living area. Whew! I was so relieved that no one would have to sleep on the floor or crowd 3 to a bed.

I don't think I have ever been in a hotel room this clean. The rug didn't gross me out (ahem, Ritz Carlton ... ) and not once did I shriek at my family to wear their slippers or socks or admonish them for going barefoot. There was not a speck of dust anywhere. I even looked at the tops of picture frames, top of the shower curtain rod, in corners and windows, and could not see any dirt. The wallpaper was clean and not a single seam showed. There was not a single spot of mildew in the bathroom. None. Nor did I see any cracked or shrunken caulk. The housekeeper did a great job. She was so sweet. I asked her to leave us extra towels and extra tissues. There was a little bit of a language barrier, but we had TONS of extra towels and extra boxes of tissues for the rest of our stay. I wanted to bring her home with us. She worked alone and she worked hard. She was so nice and provided service above and beyond my expectations. I have not seen such diligent housekeeping in a hotel in years. I was very impressed.

The beds were very soft, but not because the mattresses were of poor quality. More like they are very, very plush. This was a little disconcerting at first because our mattress at home is very firm and akin to sleeping on a concrete slab. Both my husband and I were agreed that we slept well.

We ate breakfast downstairs one morning. There is a Safeway on Wilson Blvd where we purchased yogurt, fruit, Krispy Kremes and milk to have on hand for our little ones and lessen the sting on the wallet.

The good:
Excellent staff
So, so clean!
Short walk to several restaurants
Easy walk to Safeway and CVS
Short ride or manageable walk to the Metro
Safe, residential area with some high-end condos around

The bad:
On-site parking is $10, but the sign says $8 (which is a total joke to anyone who has parked in NYC!)

Listen, I tried to be fair, but that is the worst complaint I can muster. If you are OK with staying outside of DC, or if your travels bring you to Arlington specifically, do not hesitate to book your stay here. The room is scrupulously clean and the service is top-notch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Swedesboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Really nice, affordable hotel with nice staff, good little breakfast cafe, pool and hottub. Shuttle takes you to Metro and to the Georgetown Bridge (short, scenic walk across to the heart of Georgetown). Very pleasant stay. Nice immediate neighborhood with great little restaurants.

• Stayed August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I recently stayed here with my 2 teenage sons and booked a suite. Very clean and modern room and modern lobby decor. Shame the pool closes so early with 2 teenage boys, I believe it was 8 pm they closed and opened at 4 pm. Free Shuttle service to Metro is a plus and nice safe location for Mom traveling alone with children.
Friendly and helpful staff. I actually dropped my sons cell phone on the mall the evening before leaving town and worked it out with front desk to Fed-ex the phone to my home address after the kind gentleman who found it dropped it off at hotel 8 hours after my check out. That's great customer service you can rely on.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oyster Bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed here several times because it is an inexpensive alternative to downtown DC. The weekend rates are almost always under $100, parking is cheap and safe in their underground garage and also because you get a good clean room. If you are looking for 5 star accomodations then this is not the place for you but it is a 10 minute drive without traffic into the heart of DC, there is a metro stop nearby and lots of places to eat within walking distance. The lobby area is nice with good seating, lots of outlets and computers and even a fireplace!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Not a bad place if you haven't stayed at other Courtyards. The room was clean and it's location is convenient to the Metro. However, I have stayed at other Courtyards, and this one disappointed me. First, I had a hard time understanding the girl at the front desk. Second, I got a bunch of info from a different girl at the front desk the next day, such as maps, restaurants, shuttle service (none of this info was offered from the first girl). Third, the room did not provide any drinking glasses, they had styrofoam glasses (really, Courtyard!!!). Fourth, the Bistro is only open for a short time, if you miss it you are out of luck! Tried to get a cup of coffee after 10AM..no go!!!! (whatever happened to the complimentary coffee that is offered at other Courtyards?). As noted, if you've never been to other Courtyards, you might like this place. I always choose Courtyard with a certain level of expectation.......unfortunately, Courtyard Rosslyn failed my expectations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Arlington Rosslyn? Share your experiences!