“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 47 hotels in Arlington
New York
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We recently spent three nights at this hotel while we were visiting DC area. Great location with underground parking (10.00 day) and a few blocks to metro station. Hotel was clean and efficient - nice indoor pool with hot tub but only open after 4pm.... Room was decent and clean. Only one guest washer/dryer and quite often in use.. another machine would have been great.

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

After reading all reviews on this hotel, I wasn't expecting luxury, and so I was not disappointed. Location is close to DC and convenient to Georgetown, Foggy bottom etc. Nice walk to Metro (yes, its uphill coming back, so 2nd day we just drove into DC). The amenities are basic, and the room (Double Queen) was not spacious. However, the staff was friendly & accommodating. Shuttle was not always immediately available, as it is on a 'first to reserve' system, but you did not have to wait too long. Breakfast hours were short, so we never had breakfast but there is a market with snacks etc. Saturday, most restaurants around are closed because it is mostly a commercial area. The Starbucks is open, and you can grab sandwiches. Hotel is dated, carpet was stained, no ice on the floor and there were no microwaves in kitchen. Somewhat below average for a Courtyard Marriott, but maybe good value for the area.

Room Tip: Construction across the street means little privacy. Choose room to the back.
Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Room was small but clean and amenities were nice. I asked for a microwave to be brought up and they provided one, free of charge. It was dented and dirty but worked. Lots of construction going on across the street and it was extremely noisy and the digital signal was not working well so most of the television channels were poor. The first night it rained and the signal was out altogether for a couple of hours. There is a " Bistro " in the lobby and the Starbucks coffee is good but it offers yogurt, one sandwich choice and a microwaved hamburger for which I paid $10 ( for the burger and water). Very close to the metro but the nearby restaurants are awful ( the ones within a few blocks) but Arlington has many other great choices for meals if you take the car and parking in the city is not difficult. I didnt have a car so dinner was unfortunate. The hotel charges $10 a day for parking which is reasonable for the area. I usually stay at the Residence Inn around the corner but they were booked this week. I could not use Marriott rewards because I went through hotel.com but I heard that Marriott members get upgrades here so I might try it again next time when I have a car and if the construction is finished. The pros: great location, reasonable price and great prices for last minute weekend trips ( I just saw an ad for $109 a night). $10 can ride to Union Station, $6 to Georgetown and a short walk to the metro so nice to stay outside of the city.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I spent the 4th of July week here, arriving right after the area's huge storm which knocked down trees and took out power for thousands of people. We were lucky. The hotel had power, and also luckily, we had a reservation. What can I say? The price was reasonable, the location perfect for us. We could walk to many places to eat from the hotel, and the metro was a 5-10 minute walk. We went walked up to see a movie near the Court House metro. We did have a car, and they charge $10 per night, which was reasonable as well. The staff were helpful and friendly. We especially liked the woman who helped us each morning at breakfast, who always greeted us with a big smile and seemed to be so interested in how we were doing. I also took advantage of their coin laundry (it was so hot that we just had to do a load of laundry-- !) The room was small, clean, and comfortable. No great views, but it was quiet and we settled right in. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room faced an office building, not the street, so it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

We got a reasonable rate online when my sister's air conditioning failed in 105 degree weather. We were visiting the area, but needed a break from the heat. The staff was very sympathetic and helpful in every way.

The hotel was close to Metro and bus, so access to the city was very convenient. There were many restaurants and shops within walking distance.

We were very pleased with our "complimentary upgraded" room. It was clean, quiet, and very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012
Petersburg, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My four children and I stayed overnight at the Courtyard Marriott Rosslyn on July 4. We were able to be checked in early (around noon) by a really friendly front desk staff member. Parking is located in a secure, underground garage that is entered using your room key. When I expressed worry about my F-150 truck fitting into the garage (height limit is 6'8"), she said she'd issue me a driveway pass if I got down there and felt like it wouldn't fit. The best part is that parking is only $10. Most of the hotels I've stayed at or researched in the area are over twice that.

We stayed in a king room with a sofa bed. It was VERY clean and nicely furnished, but pretty small. Besides the bed and sofa, there was a coffee table, desk, chair and wardrobe, so once the bed was folded out, you pretty much had to climb over the coffee table or king bed to get to the bathroom. There was also a very small, narrow balcony. I think they would have been better off not having a balcony and using that extra square footage for room space, as the balcony looked directly into an office building window. The room had a fridge with a small freezer compartment and a coffee maker. I kind of wished they had a microwave in there, too. The toiletries were Paul Mitchell which was nice. Internet service in the room is also free.

The area felt very safe. There was construction going on across the street (opposite side of the building from our room), though since it was a holiday, I'm not sure if noise is a problem with that. The Rosslyn Metro station is pretty close by (5-10 minute walk). Be warned that it is DOWNHILL from the hotel, so walking back can be killler. Fortunately, they have a van which will drop you off/pick you up, but we chose to be gluttons for punishment and walk both ways. There is a Safeway supermarket located right on the next block. Actually, if you walk between the hotel and the building to the right of it (if you're facing the hotel), you will be looking directly at Safeway. There's also a McDonald's right across from the Metro station and a few other restaurants around the hotel. The hotel also has a little eating area and a small store, but we didn't purchase anything because they're usually expensive.

What I liked most about this hotel:
1. Marriott uses a realistic number of guests per bed. At other hotels with similar bedding (king and sofa bed), the maximum per room is 3-4. The maximum for this room type is 5.
2. Parking is safe and very inexpensive for the area.
3. Proximity to a metro station and to DC itself, easy to get to.
4. Free internet. Although it said the free internet was a slow speed, I was still able to Skype with my husband in Kuwait with no problems.

What I didn't like:
1. No microwave in the room.
2. No free breakfast.

Since we are devoted Hilton-family customers, this was our first time ever staying in a Marriott, and it was a very enjoyable stay.

Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very good value for your money. Location very convenient to the Metro and places to eat in the area. Room was clean and nicely furnished.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Arlington Rosslyn? Share your experiences!