“Great Little Gem of a Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
St. Paul, MN
“Great Little Gem of a Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I hate paying for hotels and can't get myself to pay over $150 per night in any city so I work hard to find hidden gems and end up with alot of stinkers. But I found another one with the help of TripAdvisor. This hotel has obvioulsy had a facelift in the past 5 years and has everything a business traveler needs. It is about a 10 minute walk to the Rosslyn metro station. Three stops and you are at Metro Center and can connect to all the other lines. 5 stops from Reagan airport. Doesn't get much slicker than that. The walk to the metro station is all downhill when heading from the hotel to the station. Pretty steep up hill on the way back but the great thing is their is a hotel shuttle. If you don't feel like walking or you have luggage give them a call and they will be there in less than 10 minutes. The front desk people are so friendly and nice, especially Brittany. What an asset to the hotel she is. Always smiling and helpful.

The water pressure in the room is great, the bed is comfy and everything feels clean and new. The sink area is small so I don't know how it works for families but with a king bed for a single traveler it is great. And the best part is the free wi-fi in the room which is fast and did I mention it is free? Workout room has brand new treadmills and enough weights to get a great workout.

I haven't even finished my stay here and I know I will be back next time I am in DC, if I can get this one for a great price again.

Room Tip: No rooms have good views from what I know.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

My daughter and I had experienced the worst school trip planning to Washington DC! We had to spend a couple extra nights at a hotel...and when we checked in here, I was more than relieved. The rooms are nice, clean and the staff let me check in at 11:30 am (normal check in time is 3pm). The staff was really nice and the shuttles to/from Rosslyn metro station were prompt. We use public transportation in DC and it was easy to find a bus that went across the bridge to Georgetown. Hotel is across the street from a Starbucks...huge plus! I also really liked that there was a lifeguard on duty. I would definitely book this hotel again.

Evanston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Im not a frequent business traveller to DC. So on this trip I was looking for a reasonably priced property. There must of been something going on the week I was there. All hotel prices were through the roof. Then I found this Courtyard for around 200/nt. I was a little nervous.

It's a quick ride from DCA. Close acces to get to all the sites in DC. They even have a secure parking garage under the hotel. You don't see this too often at Courtyard properties. This is also one of the newer style Courtyards. Rooms are nice and modern and spacious. Also love the new cafe/bar concept. This is a sleeper property in the DC area for a great price. I had a rental car, but it looked like there was a subway stop close by. I'll be back here when my travels take me to DC

Stayed April 2012
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Our family of four stayed here for three nights to attend a burial at Arlington National Cemetery. We've been to Washington numerous times and have always stayed at places right in Washington, as close as we could get to a Metro stop. This time, we couldn't find any hotels like that in our price range so we expanded our field and ended up in Arlington, VA, a first for us. The hotel was at most a 10-minute walk to the Rosslyn Metro stop which turned out to be very convenient for getting quickly into Washington to see the sites. Our room looked out on an office building (ugh!) but it was quiet--except for one morning at 5:30 AM (!) when construction workers across the street began their work for the day. The complimentary toiletries were Paul Mitchell brand. The pool, though small, was clean, and there was a lifeguard on duty. The people at the front desk were very courteous and professional. There were numerous restaurants within walking distance (we loved Fire Works on Clerendon Blvd) as well as a grocery store where we picked up things for breakfast. In the evenings we met up with other family members for cocktails in the lobby--we brought our own munchies and wine and were never made to feel unwelcomed. On the contrary; when we requested to rent a conference room so that we wouldn't disturb other guests, their price of $350 was too steep for us and so the front desk suggested we congregate in the sitting room area of the lobby. It turned out to be a great idea. The fitness center is very small but provides free filtered water--a nice touch. We always felt safe in this neighborhood.

Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

It's been a while since I've stayed in such a filthy place. This was hair galore. There was hair on the sheets, pillowsm floor, towels (yuck!!) , etc. The rooms was dusty, surfaces sticky, carpet was soiled and the bathroom was the worse as we were received by pubic hair everywhere which was never cleaned during our 3 night stay... Also, we paid for a breakfast package and we regretted it since day one. They have insufficient tables and you have to wait in line in a huge line to "order" in a tiny bar who has 1 person who is very overwhelmed. The arrival of the food is a miracle in itself as it takes forever and dont forget that chances are you will end up eating in the lobby sofa (which we had to do twice with our 3 and 6 year old...) as you will never be able to get a table and chair. their restaurant (more like a bar facing the front desk) is really a joke, do yourself a favor and skip bfast there...
The place is about 4 blocks from the metro, there are closer hotels to the subway...

Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Very nice stay while we visited DC. Very quick car ride into the DC sites. We did take the metro one day which was a few blocks away. There is construction across the street. We stayed on the other side but couldn't hear anything. The air system in the room was a bit noisey but we didn't really complaiin about it. The room was extremely clean. We stayed for 3 nights and each day everything was very neat and clean in our room. Only issue was with the complimentary coffee. I think it might have been needed to be restocked more quickly especially in the morning hours. Two days in a row there were no stirrers and we had to wait for coffee. Not the biggest thing in the world, just a suggestion. Also it would have been nice to have this option in the evening. One last thing - the girl at the desk said that it is walking distance to Georgetown. Probably not for a family though. We couldn't make it all the way and one had to walk back to get the car to pick us up.

Bridgeport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

At the last minute some friends and I decided to check out the National Cherry Blossom Festival. We looked into different hotels and decided that this one looked nice and convenient to the metro. We certainly made the right choice!

We arrived in Arlington around 3:30/4pm on Thursday and there was no wait for our room (it was great because we were tired from our 7 hour drive!) We were very impressed with the overall look of the hotel lobby. It was clean, contemporary, and they had a very neat touch screen computer where you could check the news and weather. We stayed in a room with two queen beds. For the four of us, the room was the perfect size. We weren't cramped at all. Our room also had a wonderful view of Arlington.

The hotel staff were very helpful, and they had all the answers we needed. We asked for some extra towels and they were left in our room for us right away. We were so thankful that the hotel offered a ride to and from the metro station as well. It made our trip much easier knowing we didn't have to try and find our way there, even though it was just a few blocks away.

Since my friends and I were checking out on Saturday, we were concerned with where to park the car that day since all of our belongings would be in it. We were delighted to find out from our shuttle driver that not only could we leave our car parked securely in the hotel garage, but they would still pick us up from the metro station when our day was through! This hotel obviously goes the extra mile to ensure that their sight-seeing customers can get the best of their vacation experience. It was such a relief to learn that we didn't have to worry about finding a place to store our belongings and our car!

When we return to Arlington for the next DC visit I will insist that we stay at this hotel again. The staff was great, the hotel was clean and I just cannot gush enough about how much we thoroughly enjoyed our time there.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ninth floor and never heard any noise at all. I would suggest looking for places to...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Arlington Rosslyn? Share your experiences!