“Great value, close to Metro, recommended” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Virginia
“Great value, close to Metro, recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

This Residence Inn turned out to be an excellent value over a weekend.

The kitchenette was handy - like other Residence Inns, there were enough plates, glasses, etc, and having a refrigerator was nice as well. It was very nice to have a separate bedroom - a lot of 'suite' hotels now are not multiple rooms, and this one was. The bedroom wasn't all that roomy, but that probably doesn't really matter - the living room was pretty nice.

Unlike other reviews, we had wifi and ethernet, and both worked fine.

The breakfast was fine - the bathroom was pretty good - nice enough. It might be time to do a little renovation, but nothing that would keep me from staying there again.

The best: walking distance to Metro, Starbucks across the street!
The other: parking was really tight - careful around those turns! Also, the rates varied wildly (but I suppose they do everywhere). Also, parking was additional, but to be expected in this area (and to their credit, they don't try to hide it!)

The weird: after looking floor to floor for an open washer, once we found one and loaded it, it turned out you had to go to the desk to buy a token... I suggested they put a sign up to tell you to go there first (hope they do... ) Not really a negative, just an issue that's easily fixed.

Overall - I would recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
WILMINGTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

We recently stayed here for the long Columbus Day weekend. Our experience was as great as the first time we stayed here in December 2009. The location is fantastic since it's close to the Metro and within walking distance to many restaurants. Once we parked the car, we didn't need it for the rest of the weekend. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet. The breakfast buffet was very good with many choices. The seating was a bit crowded, but since the weather was nice, we could use the patio area. The fresh baked cookies at night were delicious! Staff was friendly and knowledgable. We'd definitely stay here again when traveling to Washington, DC area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Daufuskie Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Spent 3 nights here over a long weekend while wife walked in the Susan G Komen 3 day. Nice suite with a useful kitchen and two HD TVs. They even provided microwave popcorn.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Went out of their way to greet and offer cookies, etc. Better than average breakfast buffet with hot food. Quick and easy start to the day. Sign said free dinner buffet Mon, Tue, Wed evenings. They offer a free grocery shopping service so your kitchen can be stocked for you.

Rosslyn Metro is only 2 blocks away. Lots of restaurants within driving distance or a Metro ride away but only a couple that are walkable. Ruby Tuesdays is next door - convenient but mediocre. Daughter was in heaven with Starbucks across the alley. Underground parking is very confined. Don't bring anything bigger than a GMC Envoy.

Free Wifi worked great.

Will probably stay here for all future visits to DC.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

This is the perfect hotel for anyone travelling with a family who wants to visit Washington DC, but not stay there. Rosslyn was a nice quiet place to return to after a day of sightseeing. Very conveniently located hotel near Rosslyn Metro station. Plenty of nearby restaurants and excellent grocery store very nearby. The rooms were super. Very very clean, very up to date decor. Bathrooms were lovely and kitchenette was all we needed with full size refrigerator. We will definitely stay here when we return to the area. The staff provided excellent service. We needed more towels which were brought up to our room in minutes and when we returned from supper and discovered that our room did not have sheets for the pull out couch, we called down to the main desk. The staff profusely appologized for not being able to bring them up within 15 minutes (it was 10:30pm), so we went down and they were very appologetic and accomodating. The next morning we hit the gym for a workout. One of us is a runner and the other likes free weights. The gym was excellent. Clean and well equipped with lots of TVs. Our morning breakfasts were awesome with a great hot and cold buffet. We will certainly return.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

This was an excellent hotel located very close to the subway station (less then 5 minute walk). The hotel does not charge for parking as many of the other DC hotels do. Many nights they offer free managers receptions with free munchies and desserts. Free breakfast with excellent food and very friendly staff. Room was very large, quiet, and clean. Within walking distance to many restaurants including a Starbucks!!! We will stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

This was my first trip to DC and I was apprehensive. My fears were allayed after checking into this hotel and checking out the surrounding area.

We stayed in a one bedroom suite that was more than I expected it to be. I checked out the hotel online prior to our visit and read that the kitchen was fully stocked. I was extremely skeptical. I expected mismatched dishes and silverware, pieces missing, maybe even plastic items. Imagine my delight to find complete and matching sets of dishes, glassware, silverware, pots and pans, serving bowls, cutting knives and necessary cooking utensils.... and no plastic! Additionally there was a full size refrigerator/freezer with a working ice maker, stove top, microwave, toaster and a dishwasher with Cascade to wash the dishes. Everything was clean and neat and tidy. I was amazed and delighted.

The rest of the suite was wonderful as well with sofa, tables, desk with chair, very comfortable bedding, 2 flat screen tvs, high speed internet and a beautiful view to boot. All was clean, comfortable, tidy and quiet.

The complimentary breakfast was outstanding with several hot items along with fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, juices and sweet items. It was everything you needed to start the day. The breakfast staff was constantly attentive, refilling items quickly and keeping everything so clean. Cudos to this great staff!

Anything else you need is within walking distance. A short walk to the Metro Rail station and you are one stop away from DC. (There is a several block walk to The Mall but it was pleasant and besides when you go to DC... you walk! ) Also within walking distance is a full grocery store, a couple of drug stores and several restaurants. Directly across the street is a Starbucks....what could be better?! We parked the car when we arrived and did'nt use it again until we left.

To top it all off, the cost for all of this was extremely reasonable. Even with a daily parking fee this was a great deal. When I return to DC, I will stay at this hotel. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2010
small town usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

We stayed at this inn while visiting our daughter who is interning in DC. I brought along my specialty leg pillow which aligns my spine and allows me a comfortable night of sleep. The first night (Thursday) went well. After a day working hard to see the museums and memorials during the heat wave with high humidity, I was looking forward to a good night's sleep once again. Upon arriving back at our room, I discovered my leg pillow was missing. I called the front desk, and the lady said she'd leave a note for housekeeping to check. Next night, same story--they forgot to check. Saturday arrived, and Terrence said he'd follow up and leave a note for the head boss. Terrence at least did what he said he would; he also left a note for the head housekeeper (Mariella or something like that) who now wouldn't be back till Monday. Still no pillow. Either Monday or Tuesday evening when we returned from seeing more sites, l received a voice mail from the manager. I left a message with the desk the next day that the pillow had still not been found. I personally talked with different maids and front desk people, only one of which I know actually took the time to look. One said she'd check lost and found but never did. The manager was out when we checked out the following Saturday and left a voice mail later at my home which I later retrieved following a business trip. He called me today and treated me like I hadn't given them a chance to make it right. What a bunch of baloney! I put way too much time into this problem. Ralph spoke to me with a condescending tone of voice. Now, he said he'd pay for the price of the pillow which is not considerable. My loss of good quality sleep for 8 nights was a huge problem and for which he would NOT give a single discount. We will not stay there, again. My son slept on a rollaway as the sofa bed was too uncomfortable. We'll also be telling our friends who work for a gov't. agency in the same building as our business who've stayed there in the past about this problem. Two of the three in our group ate only one breakfast at the hotel just because of the times available. The food was excellent. Most of the staff spoke poor English and were very difficult to understand. No wireless internet, even the wired was a hit and miss connection. I liked having the laundry available onsite. It's about 2 1/2 blocks to the Rosslyn metro, so not too far. Management needs a better work ethic, much better customer service and leadership. If I treated my customers in this manner, I wouldn't have any.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn? Share your experiences!