“Generally Really Good with some quirks” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Long Island, NY
“Generally Really Good with some quirks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I like Residence Inns, you have a small kitchen, free breakfast and generally more space than a standard hotel room. This is the usual setup, the one bedroom we stayed in was smaller (Living Room) than others but it seems to depend on the age of the property and where it is located.

Little things; the thermostat did not work properly, they fixed it, the bathroom door and door to the living room were out of alignment and did not close easily, at breakfast they ran out of plates. At check in, they advised me to return the parking pass when we checked out because otherwise the "system" would not know we left and would continue to charge us the daily parking fee. (really?, I check out, the folio closes)

The good news, the staff is friendly, helpful and immediately responsive. I asked for additional towels and the GM of the hotel fetched them immediately. The attendant at Breakfast greets you warmly and thanks you for coming down to breakfast. The front desk staff cannot have been more willing to help.

Extremely convenient to the Metro and an easy ride to the Key Bridge in a car to Georgetown or the Mt. Vernon area. Daily parking is a reasonable $16.00 as opposed to the $42.00 that Marriott's on the other side of the bridge charge. Rosslyn Metro is one stop to Foggy Bottom and the main GWU campus. You will get a better night's sleep than staying downtown with the sirens and commotion which come with a large urban environment.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

A friend of mine who works for the Marriott recommended this hotel and well, I could just kiss her. My family and I went up for a short weekend as my grandmother was being interred at Arlington National Cemetery. I was worried my kids might only remember the service so we made a fun weekend out of it. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted very warmly. The staff was super nice and helpful. The room was spotless and just as described on the website. We were on the top floor so my children could enjoy being "really high up." The hotel itself is centrally located and close to the metro station. I will give them serious kudos for the breakfast and the weekday dinner meals. We researched some local restaurants -Café Asia and Piola,a Pizza place nearby - both were awful -in service and in food. Nothing even close to the service and friendliness of the staff at the hotel. Breakfast was nice and the attendants were very accommodating. There were two ladies in particular and for the life of me I can only find one name - Maria Alas. The other woman may have been Rosa? My husband and I got carry out from Café Asia the night of the complementary dinner - which was spaghetti and meatballs, our children's' favorite - and we quickly realized we should have eaten there as well. It was so tasty. Really. I am a restaurant manager and I can only wish for the same level of passion and commitment these employees have for their guests. They strived to ensure we had a great time. Continually checking to make sure we were okay and asking if we needed anything. Maria and her counterpart acknowledged us daily and made our experience memorable. It is a superb place to stay - convenient, friendly and above the top awesome!

Room Tip: There is a Safeway grocery store up the street. It was nice to stock up on snacks for the room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
central, ma.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

stayed here for 3 nights. Upon checking in we were told they were serving free beer and wine and spaghetti and meatball dinner also free. We were starving and it was just right. Free breakfast every morning was also great. 5 min walk to Metro. Room was nice. a lot of restaurants nearby. We ate at Ruby Tuesdays 2 night in a row. 2 min. walk. All in all it was a great stay.

Room Tip: we stayed on 3rd floor it was perfect
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a 5 minute walk from Rosslyn Metro station. Convenient if you fly into DCA and take short Metro ride. The room was very clean and fit 5 (3 kids, 2 adults), but it was a little cramped when the pullout couch and roll away bed were both set up. Which was no big deal, we hardly spent time in room. Full kitchen with a grocery store about 5 minute walk away. Breakfast was great everyday, big selection including fresh fruit. And the breakfast staff is outstanding! M-W evening they offer complimentary appetizers & drinks. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance. I stayed for 14 nights and have no complaints. Also have full size washers & dryers on site which worked great. This was my 2nd stay and will stay there again. We had no problems with the free Wifi, and had 2-4 devices using it regularly.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stayed at this location during a trip to DC to avoid the crowds that would be in DC. I was really happy about that decision after our stay here! The check-in process was very easy and the people at the front desk were very professional and helpful. The rooms were very clean and possessed most of the amenities needed for a great stay. The only thing missing was a pool.. The cleaning staff was very good, but our room door was accidentally left open on the first night. The front desk sincerely apologized for the mistake and continued with great service after. Breakfast was really good and the breakfast service staff was great. The hotel is a short walk from the Rosslyn Metro Station so we never really used our car to get around. It was definitely helpful in visiting all the tourist sites in DC. There are also many places to eat near the hotel. Great location and Great hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We had a great visit. The breakfast service staff was great - Maria and her team were really friendly and helpful and were so kind to a young man in a wheelchair. they offered to help him and did it in a very dignified and friendly way. Great breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Fairport, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have stayed here quiet a few times.. However I have not been here for three years.. I have found rooms renovated as well as breakfast area all redone..
I have always liked to stay here but wished for a bit of a change.. well now I have it.
the only thing that needs a bit of help is replacing the carpet in the main elevator
The staff is friendly and the breakfasts are great each morning. When I book a stay in The DC area I always choose this hotel or the Courthouse Residence inn. You will hear some air traffic overhead. You'll get used to it
I usually stay for three day periods.
Walk to the Metro stop , not far

Room Tip: free wi fi.. Walking distance to a few restaurants, Piola ( for Pizza), Heavy Seas Ale House. Cont...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn? Share your experiences!