“Good for family on budget” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Canada
“Good for family on budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The hotel is actually not too far from the subway station, so for families visiting Washington on a budget, this can be a good choice. The suite has kitchen, fridge, small dining table, and a sofa-bed in living area. It is not far from grocery shop - I saw people walking back with grocery bags.

Good breakfast choice, there are 2 computers with printers in eating area too, quite convenient.

In all, we like the stay - we paid by Marriott certificate, so for us it's certainly good value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The location is fine, and the staff at the desk and the breakfast buffet are friendly. That's about it. They must make most of their income off government rates, and the location being what it is they don't really need to do better than what they are doing now.

The rooms and furniture are run down and worn, the maid service terrible (they completely forgot my room a few times - and I was there three weeks) and quite noisy - calling down the hall to each other in the morning. And the beds... "Queen" beds is what they are called, but I asked the front desk when I noticed my feet hung off the end (I'm tall, but I fit on a Queen bed) and the desk agreed that they are a "special size" Queen bed. I've never heard of that before, but they are smaller than a normal Queen - and the only choice of bed. Besides being short it was terribly broken down. I had them flip it to see if it was any better, but that mattress is pretty old.

Just one stop up on the Metro is Courthouse - with a very nice Residence Inn. If you are staying more than a night, stay there. The neighborhood is more interesting, and the Metro stop less crowded. Until Rosslyn does some much needed remodeling I certainly won't be back.

Room Tip: Stay at the Courthouse Residence Inn.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Easy location, comfortable rooms, clean...nice breakfast and even dinner during certain nights of the week. Disappointed in the few questions I asked the front desk as there was no concierge.
Questions had wrong answers which would have saved me some time and money.

Grammy Sharon

Room Tip: Suites were great for our group of 6....2br and 2 ba....made everyone happy Elevators were slow...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

For much less $$ than most hotels in DC, you can stay just across the river here. It is close to the Rosslyn metro station, and an easy walk over the Key Bridge to Georgetown, or to Arlington Cemetery. Our room was spacious, with a kitchen, and the bed was terrific. Hot or cold breakfast is free. Parking your car is $14 per day, less than most DC hotels and worth it. We have stayed at several DC hotels, but this is our favorite so far. Would definitely return.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I travelled to DC for leisure in October. We couldn't have been happier with this hotel. Very nice, large room. Comfortable bed. But the best was the GREAT location. We walked to the Iwo Jima Memorial and Arlington Cemetery, and were only a couple of blocks from the Rosslyn metro stop. That took us everywhere we wanted to go! Also very close to a few restaurants and a grocery store. Because of the full size fridge and full kitchen, we usually stopped for a few snacks and some drinks to bring back to the room after a long day of sightseeing. Hot breakfast every morning was perfect to get us started for the day. We only were there one night when they had dinner, but that's a nice option too. I would highly recommend this hotel to people going to DC for sightseeing.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This Residence is blocks away from the Rosslyn Metro station--the only way to be a tourist in DC. We received a warm welcome, had a nice room--clean and quiet. It is in a business area, so being there over the weekend, it was particularly quiet. There's a Starbucks right across the street.

It's walking distance to Georgetown---about a mile, which was perfect for the big dinner we ate. Nice to have a long walk back.

It's also walking distance to the Iwo Jima monument--which we had never seen. WOW! It's six blocks and you start seeing the top of it around block four--the blowing flag. Wherever you stay in DC, this really is worth traveling to see. So humbling, like most of DC.

We walked through Arlington cemetery which is always a somber experience for us. I like that running and bicycles are not allowed in the cemetery, even with its parklike appeal. It is a cemetery and should be treated respectfully.

Back to the hotel...go to breakfast early--especially if the hotel is crowded. It was a madhouse both mornings we were there. Yikes!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Just returned from a two day stay in this hotel. I have a client with offices in both DC and Arlington, and this option is much cheaper than a central DC hotel. Central DC Marriotts can cost double the price of a room here.

It is a typical residence inn, getting a little bit tired looking in the rooms, but its clean and nice. The location is great - Starbucks across the street, close to the metro and a grocery store. That's good because every room has a full kitchen. The hotel will even go grocery shopping for you, but i didn't use it or do any cooking. The rooms are decent size and the bed is ok.

This hotel seems to cater to the High School field trip to DC crowd. Then i stayed it was full of grade to high school kids, but that was fine. it wasn't noisy.

The included breakfast and dinner is decent. Breakfast probably a little better. One night they had spaghetti and meatballs.... yes, that's what i said. Probably something to do with the school kid crowd. There are some local restaurants if you cant deal with the crowds or the food served.

I cant comment on the pet policy because i was on a business trip. What was important to me is that my room didn't smell like dog. I'm happy to say both my room and my coworkers rooms had no sign or smell of a pet staying there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn? Share your experiences!