“A neighborhood pub, with excellent food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Latin, Tapas, Wine Bar
Annandale, Virginia
“A neighborhood pub, with excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Most friendly little neighborhood joints don't have decent food. Eat Bar has excellent and innovative small plates. A fabulous place to meet friends, or watch the game!

Visited September 2012

“Great place for lite meal and drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was our first visit to Eat Bar and we will be back. Been to Tallula and Eat Bar captures what was really good when Tallula opened. Love the corn dog bites. The bacon popcorn balls were ok. Good happy hour on wine and beer. Nice place. Great service

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indianapolis, Indiana
“out of the box food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

good tasting food and drink with a wide selection. They have adventurous food if you are willing to try it. Happy hour drinks are priced well, but food in general is on the expensive side since portions are so small. Our server was very busy and left us hanging, but another staff memeber came along and was very nice.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
VA
“Excellent bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We come here for drinks and bar food. Beer and wine selection are both good. Bartenders are ok but pretty uneven, they seem to have a lot of turnover. Food is always good to great. Never slammed but always busy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
DC
“Eat at the Eat Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I went to Eat Bar with a buddy after catching a concert in DC. We got there a little before the kitchen was to close, but unlike some other places I've been to, there was no attitude or issue with ordering so late. We kicked it off with some great fries that came with a dipping sauce that tasted like sour cream and onion potato chips (in a yummy way). We ordered the mushroom risotto balls, which were very good, but I wouldn't spend the time at Eat Bar ordering them again. Nothing wrong with them, mind you, just other items on the menu were more memorable. My buddy got the catfish sub, which he said was outstanding, and I got the lamb burger, which was killer. The lamb was perfectly seasoned and cooked, with a tasty tzatziki sauce along with an unusual feta/curry combo that I was dubious about but won me over. House made drinks were excellent, including an infused bourbon of the day (this one was infused with apple and cardamom - just a hint). The charcuterie/cheese plate was "make your own", with four choices (price per choice) of meat, four for cheese, and I think four for "garnishes." The pork terrine was excellent, and the housemade strawberry jam garnish had nice depth and complemented the meat and cheese perfectly. I was seriously tempted to just spoon the jam right out of the ramekin, but I controlled myself.

We ate at the bar, and the bartender (Steve) provided great service and stimulating conversation. There was generally a good buzz inside, and even though by the time we left there were only around 12 people still there, the energy level was still high. We definitely had a great night hanging out at Eat Bar, and I'll definitely be coming back to try more of the menu.

• Visited May 2012