“Next door to our motel.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza, Sandwiches
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Grand Island, Nebraska
“Next door to our motel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Mario's has pizza, sub sandwiches, and ice cream. Not much for atmosphere. Mostly carry-out with no indoor seating. There is outdoor seating. I thought the pizza was good, not great. They are better at making the sandwiches. I had a "Lefty Special" which is a specialized philly. Good value for the money. Is next to Highlander Motel. Came in handy when we arrived back to the motel late. Mario's was open until 5 AM. I did not try the ice cream.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

58% Recommend
Arlington, Virginia
“Subs made by Lefty are quite good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This institution has been here for 55 years and I've visited numerous times over the last 40 years, though not on a regular basis. It has been a few months since my last visit. My one comment is that the subs I have eaten at Marios that were made by Lefty have been quite tasty. I enjoyed the pizza in my youth but it doesn't excite me much now. Other items on the menu I've tried over the past 5 years are just so, so.

Visited November 2011
NC
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Grabbed a quick bite with teh family while in town. We had slices of pizza and some wings and all were very good. Very much a neighborhood place but the guys working the counter were great and fun to carry on with. Pizza was sicilian style, thick with lots of cheese and toppings, very tsaty. Wings usual but still very good. They are also a Carvelle ice cream shop so after the pizza and wings, ice cream to top it off was great. Lots of flavors to choose from.

Visited June 2012
Manassas, VA
“Sorry. I just don't like the pizza”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I am just not a fan of Marios. They pre-bake the pie crusts and it just doesn't taste good. I love pizza....love it. But - something is not right here. I am not sure if they are using low-quality cheese and sauce....but the pizza overall is just very bland and well - yucky. I will never, ever, ever pay for this pizza ever. Even if someone offered me a free slice or a free pie - I wouldn't take it. Go anywhere else and you will get better. As for the other eats they might have - haven't tried them. The pizza was enough of a turn off that I will never patronize them again. It's not that it wasn't good....it was terrible.

Visited October 2011
Bridgeport, New York
“Not worth the price!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My friends and I ordered a Large Supreme pizza, two dozen wings and two desserts and were floored at the $70 price tag. We were told by a friend that this was the place to get your pizza, so we figured it had to be worth it. Well, in short, it wasn't. The pizza crust was very salty and the pizza was luke-warm when we got it. The wings were okay, and the dessert was nothing to get excited over. We definitely won't eat there again. We were very disappointed with the quality.

Visited April 2012

Been to Mario's Pizza? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mario's Pizza, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.