“A diner feel with better sandwiches” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #307 of 675 restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Diner, Seafood, Vegetarian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: We are a local favorite place to enjoy Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Brunch. We focus on providing great food with great service for your enjoyment! Look us up on our website, Facebook, and twitter to see daily and weekly special menus and offers!
Williamsburg, Virginia
“A diner feel with better sandwiches”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Shirlington boasts a great strip of restaurants. You can find about anything along their 2-block stretch. We chose the Luna Grill on a whim. The décor is ok. It feels a bit like a diner, but the food was better. Our table ordered an Asian salad, gyro, and another sandwich. It was all very good. Service was friendly. I wouldn’t describe it as a “must do,” but it’s a safe choice for sandwich fare.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
“What happened? Going downhill big time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We've taken Luna Grill off our list of old standbys. It used to be that you could rely on Luna for a good, low-key, comfort food meal any day & any time. "Rely" was the operative word too because you could get the same good food at good levels for years & years. The management and servers cared about the place and the customers. Overall it was an enjoyable experience. However, on our last visit we noticed a few things: Totally new staff, booths & tables were dirty, hostess was chewing gum, servers were doing the things you see not to do on those restaurant makeover shows, plating was non-existent (just plop the food on the plate), quality of food wasn't as good (soggy fries, sloppy sandwich assembly). Maybe the place was sold? Under new (not as good) management? We noticed all the artwork on the wall had changed. Whatever's different, we didn't stay to ask but Luna Grill has sadly come off our go-to restaurant list. We mourn the loss. :-(

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Port Richey, Florida
“Perfect place for family lunch after Arlington Cemetery service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I searched the Internet for a great place to have 14 family members eat lunch after my dad was honored at Arlington National Cemetery on Sept. 13. I found Luna Grill and Diner and called Juanita, the general manager a week ahead. Even though she doesn't usually take reservations, she made one for us. And were we glad!! The restaurant is located in the heart of the delightful Village at Shirlington, just a couple miles south of the cemetery off I-395. It's a busy area, but there is free parking below the restaurant. Most guests sit at wooden booths in the restaurant, and there is an area at the back where Juanita arranged tables that just fit our group. Juanita and her servers took excellent care of us! The menu offered everyone delicious options. We would all go back again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Service is horrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I had gone Luna with my family I usually go in for brunch never for dinner. I wanted to sit outside however getting to my table was a battle itself, the patio was so small that people have to go in one by one, the server was ok he had gotten our drinks & someone else had brought us our food. Now, once my food was delivered I haven't been able to get a hold of my server however the hostess had came to us and asked how everything was, she refilled our water, and brought us more butter for our bread. I had seen more of her than my server she was charming, delightful, and informative on the items on the menu. Our meal was splendid, the bread was delicious, and the service was not as attentive as I would have liked the only time I did see my server was when we were leaving and he was collecting his tip money. I felt so bad to tip the server (whom I'd only seen once) instead of the hostess (who basically did everything else plus when I had given her my credit card she asked to see my ID, it occurred to me that I wrote "See ID" on the back normally no one checks it or asks for it. It was refreshing to see someone pay attention to detail) I made an attempt to give the hostess a tip for her attentiveness but she had declined and persuaded us to leave it to the server.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Slow Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Plan on dining here if you have a lot of time to spare. The service was incredibly slow. I actually had to hunt down a server to bring me and my husband a drink. He ordered a cheeseburger and it came without the cheese. When he brought it to their attention, they apologized and offered to bring him cheese but he declined because as everyone knows, it's better when it's melted on the burger. I had a grilled chicken salad. It was quite good. The slow service was a real turn off. We would not go back there.

Visited July 2013

Been to Luna Grill And Diner? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Luna Grill And Diner, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.