“Fun place to dine with friends” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #181 of 680 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Austin, Texas
“Fun place to dine with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

After a long day, a group of us decided to try this restaurant. We were not disappointed. The veggie combo dish was varied, colorful, appetizing and delicious. The service was good and the price fair. This restaurant is well worth a try.

Visited May 2013

Arlington, Virginia
“Tasty Ethiopian place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Live in the neighborhood and been here a number of times. Food is delicious! I tend to order the meat and veggie combo most of the time, or order the spicy beef tibs (the best!). The restaurant has Ethiopian mead (honey wine) and also Ethiopian beer - recommend trying them. Food is consistently good, and service is consistently slow (I've never been to a fast Ethiopian place).

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Western NC
“Ho Hum, nothing exciting here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Food OK. Wife ordered the vegetarian platter, which was good. I had beef which was not too good. I only ate half, and not being able to eat read meat due to my cholesterol, I usually an inhale at the opportunity. It was tough, grissly if that's a word. So, we would have just written it off as another place not so good, and not posted a review. Until I was reviewing receipts from our DC trip. It appears they slipped in an 18% gratuity for a party of 2. So the server, average service, got a great tip. Note to proprietor: this is a very poor business practice in the hospitality industry, unless its made very clear by the server, or the service is unique in some way). Shame on them, and I guarantee I wont be fooled again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“OK food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stopped here for my dinner. The place is a bit loud and not too welcoming. Even if you are not into exotic foods, the food here looks and feels authentic and delicious.

While it is in America, diners are expected to eat with their hands (no cutlery provided). Asking where to wash my hands, I was shown to the toilet, which seemed not a too good combination. I was hungry and ate most of my food, but did not return again.

Visited November 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

After reading the great reviews I was very excited to try this place out. We were in Crystal City for a family vacation. My family and I ordered the "sampler" platter and an order of the chicken and rice. The Chicken and rice plate was very good but the sampler plate was just okay. One of the lentil dishes was undercooked with crunchy lentils (not good in my book). Most of the meat portions were very small (about 2 tbsp of food). I found the waitress not willing to be helpful at all. May have had more success ordering by the item and not the sampler platter.

• Visited October 2012