“Very fun and tasty, it was.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #241 of 648 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
“Very fun and tasty, it was.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

This was my first Ethiopian food. good prices, outdoor and indoor seating, and great tasting food made for a great meal. I didn't try the desserts or coffees, but they seemed to have a good variety. Waitress was patient and in good spirits, helping us pronounce and understand the menu items.

I plan to go again when I'm back in town, whenever that may be.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Indian Shores, Florida
“Somthing different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I have never eaten Ethiopian food so on our recent visit to Crystal City we took the plunge. I was pleasantly surprised at our meal. We had the vegetarian Sambussa (a bit like a samosa), Awaze Yebeg Tibs (spicy lamb stew) and the veggie combo which consisted of small portions of red and yellow lentils, chick peas, tomato salad, potato salad and cabbage salad. It was served on a huge platter with the veggies circling the lamb in the middle. All the food was resting on a bread which I can only describe as a huge pancake. The presentation was so colorful and the food was delicious. It had a bit of a kick if you like spiciness this is for you.

Visited June 2012
Spokane Valley, Washington
“Not my first Ethiopean restaurant but may be the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Convenient walk from my hotel but they have off street parking which is a plus in this area. Ate an enexpensive dinner but the lunch looked like a even better bargain. My partner and I had the combination platter for two but next time weare going to bring a couple of friends to help us finish it off! The food was ver tasty and well presented. The services was quite helpful.

Aurora, Illinois
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

After reading the book "Cutting for Stone" I really wanted to try Ethiopian food, finally I did. It was delicious! Be prepared the staff is actually from Ethiopia and does not speak English well, so do some research on what you want to try ahead of time. The food is served with their native bread, and meant to spread on the bread and everyone shares. The flavors were complex and delicious, and the honey wine compliments the spices of the food.

Visited March 2012
Twin Cities, MN
“Never had it before...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Decided to try something new. It's a smaller establishment despite the walkup. Authentically decorated and comfortable. It was a Sunday, so not a lot of people there. I enjoyed it VERY much. Fresh injera and plenty of it. We got the platter that had 8 items on it. All were delicious. The waitress was nice enough to explain everything to us and also what the bread was. They struggled when I asked for a Colorado Bulldog. After some discussion and my spelling it out, I ended up with an expensive White Russian. However, dinner was awesome.

Visited November 2011