“Southern Hospitality with Sophistication” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairview Bed and Breakfast Estate

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amherst
Fairview Bed and Breakfast Estate
2416 Lowesville Rd., Amherst, VA 24521   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Amherst B&B and Inns
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Southern Hospitality with Sophistication”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our trip to Fairview Bed & Breakfast was amazing. The house is beautiful and our room was decorated with simple elegance. Fairview offered complete privacy, and if you wanted to meet and socialize with the other guests, a warm and inviting sitting room with a fireplace was the perfect place. Each morning Jennifer made a delicious breakfast with the most amazing farm to table dishes... we even used real silver ware. The hot tub under the stars was warm and inviting on a cold winter night. Fairview is close to Wintergreen Ski Resort and many Winerys and Brewerys we were able to enjoy. I highly recommend Fairview Bed & Breakfast and I will definitely be back in the future.

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Tucked away in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Fairview is a fantastic getaway. Fairview is perfectly situated as an escape from the hustle and bustle of the day-to-day, lying amidst rolling farmland and beautiful forest, while still extremely convenient to local orchards, vineyards, and parks. The estate itself is gorgeous and the inside is just as lovely as the outside. The food was fantastic and Jennifer especially made the visit teriffic, I haven't slept as well as I did during my stay at Fairview in ages! I am looking forward to staying at Fairview again, some time in the spring or summer when they do their Farm-to-Table dinner. Fairview Estates may be relatively new to the game, but their service is fantastic and friendly. I would definitely stay here again. The estate allows pets, but pet charges are high and there isn't much of a place where you can run a dog off-leash, which is my main reason for giving four out of five stars.

Room Tip: The White Room has a lovely jetted tub.
dc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

DON'T BUY THAT COUPON! This is a scam that is backfiring. I could only get a credit from Living Social (no money back). I've been trying for over a month via email, website, and phone to get a reservation. All I got was a note from Jennifer saying to ask for my money back from Living Social and "we'd be happy to support that request!" Inexcusable. I wish I'd read these Tripadvisor warnings a long time ago. I'd have been spared the frustration of the last few weeks!

Sterling, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My boyfriend surprised me with a weekend getaway to Fairview Bed and Breakfast. I had no idea where we were going or what he had planned, but our weekend at Fairview was one of the best times we’ve had together. We both lead very busy, hectic lives. Jennifer and Fairview B&B provided a much needed escape away from it all.

As soon as we pulled into the driveway and I saw Fairview in the distance, I started to feel at ease. Fairview is absolutely beautiful! The house and the scenery are breathtaking. As soon as the warm and spunky Jennifer greeted us at the door I felt right at home. Jennifer is such a character! Not only did the B&B provide a rustic, peaceful atmosphere, but her lovely, upbeat personality contributed to making our weekend extra special. There was nothing like waking in the morning to the smell of a wonderful breakfast, a beautiful sunrise, and a tree full of peacocks to enjoy.

During the weekend, my boyfriend and I took pleasure in wonderful breakfasts, a picnic hike up a waterfall, dinner at Devil's Backbone (a fantastic restaurant!), a wine tasting at Rebec Winery, and a wonderful fondue dinner at "home" with Jennifer. We also enjoyed some great laughs and wonderful conversations with Jennifer and other guests.

We stayed in the Lavender room. The room had a comfortable bed and a huge bathroom. As far as the cleanliness, sure the place could use a little TLC, but understanding that the business just finished its first year and that Jennifer works alone, it is understandable. However, the atmosphere of the place is so wonderful, such details become quite inconsequential.

There is something magical about Fairview B&B, and I hope others will take a chance to experience it for themselves. I'm looking forward to going back and supporting Jennifer as she works to make FV a success in the months and years to come. I understand the frustration of others who experienced communication issues, and I trust that Jennifer has and/or will address those problems. Fairview is a special place, and with the right touches and improvements it will get even better. While the place may not be perfect, it was the perfect place and a perfect weekend for us.

And to Jennifer...Stay The Course!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at Fairview with a large group of friends in late November. We, and our guests, had an exceptional time. The house is beautiful and the scenery amazing. We found that Fairview was a great jumping off point to a number of local attractions (e.g., vineyards, orchards), yet remote enough that we still felt like we were able to get away. I'd highly recommend this place to anyone who views a great weekend as one spent with friends, sitting around a fire, sipping coffee on the porch, and simply enjoying the beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

First of all, if you don't want have a communications nightmare, don't even consider this property.
Emails got an automated response and then nothing for days. The voicemail at the listed number was perpetually full and the phone was never answered, so that was not an option. We had scheduled a 2 day stay in September and it was cancelled the night before for a death in the family. We certainly were understanding of that situation, but all of our efforts to reschedule were met with the same communications nightmare. After waiting some time for the emergency to be over, we emailed several options for another date. Several of them passed before we even received an answer and when we did, none of those dates were available (I would have thought there would have been some scheduling priority for those who had already been unconvinced). When replacement dates were finally offered, none of them met the scheduling requirements of the package we bought except one in the middle of December. Since we were planning a trip to this area to enjoy the out off doors, that was not really what we had in mind. I also find it rather hard to believe that all of the dates we offered for the spring were already taken. We decided to take the offered dates in December and make the best of it. We arrived to find a lovely property that might have been a delight in better weather. Unfortunately, the room was a disappointment. The bathroom was partially painted and the closet was full of construction material. The room key did not work, and the replacement key we were given only worked for a few times before it, too, failed to work. My biggest concern, however, was that the whole house was COLD. The lounge area had a fireplace, but that was on a timer, so every time the room began to get warm, the fireplace went off. Our room was absolutely frigid the entire stay. The food was adequate, but nothing special. Evening meals had been advertised, but were actually unavailable and the closest restaurants were some distance away. My husband enjoyed the massages and felt the masseuse was very accomplished and professional.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
kilgorejlk, Owner at Fairview Bed and Breakfast Estate, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Pam, thanks for taking the time to speak directly to the property, and the things you feel could be improved. We understand the Dec weather had an impact on your overall guest experience ... and wish we had control over that!

We certainly had control over the interior warmth of your guest room, and wish you had indicated a need to adjust the dual-zoned thermostat in the downstairs area. We would have happily done so! Supporting guests in FV's handicapped-accessible rooms, is something we strive to do very well.

We will be passing this powerful feedback on to FV's combined property team, and appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Thanks again!
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our experience at Fairview was so much better than I could have expected. My husband and I traveled without our children for the first time in over 5 years. We arrived late on Friday evening, but Jennifer made arrangements for our late arrival. We were given the Green Room, and we both slept soundly on the most comfortable bed. The breakfasts provided were outstanding! Our weekend away included hiking up Crabtree Falls followed by massages in the spa shed. We ventured back out to the Appomattox Court House and took in the movie "Lincoln" in nearby Lynchburg. The mountain views were spectacular. Jennifer was a most gracious host. The weekend away at Fairview was rejuvenating for our marriage. We both left feeling well rested and emotionally recharged. I would highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairview Bed and Breakfast Estate? Share your experiences!