“Very nice meal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Overwood

Overwood
220 North Lee St., Alexandria, VA 22314 (Old Town)
703.535.3340
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Overwood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 651 Restaurants in Alexandria
Neighborhood: Old Town
Satin John, IN
“Very nice meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Overwood has a brick oven family feel in a nice area of Old Town. The menu is diverse and cocktails are good. Service was really top notch. Our waitress was fun and made us feel well taken care of.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Alexandria, Virginia
“Two blocks off King, but worth the added stroll down Lee Street!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

With so many choices in Old Town, this place can get lost in the crowd. My friends and I re-discovered for dinner and I must add that each and every time I do... I remind myself to come back soon!

This is a grill that cooks with wood. The Salmon is my favorite, then again, the salads and sandwiches are good too!

The brunch is also worthy of consideration. Service is outstanding and the atmosphere is noisier in some rooms than others. I prefer the back room where the chefs are busy and visible.

Bar scene is mostly locals, and is a great place to chat (and hear yourself think) when out with friends late at night.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
United States
“nice local atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

they keep redecorating and I love the feel inside; always had excellent meals.and would recommend it

Visited November 2012
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“You can do better in Old Town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I used to live across the street and ate at Overwood all the time. After having ordered almost everything on the menu, I realized that it all tasted the same. I moved a few blocks away, and stopped going, and after a two year hiatus returned with my fiancee for dinner. After spending $50 for two salads and an appetizer, I realized that I would have been better off spending $10 on two Safeway salad kits and giving the other $40 to the IRS--it would have been a better value and had more flavor. Overwood has a great happy hour and friendly staff, but food is incredibly generic.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
STAUNTON
“Hearty food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We just had my daughter's baby shower here, and it was delicious! We chose items off of the brunch menu and all of it is excellent. The food is plentiful and delcious. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, and the service is great. I've also had dinner here, but I HIGHLY recommend it for breakfast / brunch...it will be the only meal you'll need to eat for the day!

Visited November 2012