“Hidden gem in Old Town.” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Momo Sushi & Cafe
212 Queen St, Alexandria, VA 22314-2613 (Old Town)
703-299-9092
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Old Town
Arlington, Virginia
“Hidden gem in Old Town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Pricey but FANTASTIC sushi. Went here for a lunch date and was pleasantly surprised. The service was great but was pricey. I will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Alexandria, Virginia
“Best sushi in Old Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

After trying the other selections in old town, this is by far the best. The atmosphere is nice, but slightly cramped downstairs (have not been upstairs yet). Everything tasted fresh, friendly staff and quick service.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Good Sushi for DC area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Not the best sushi in the world, but worth a visit if you live in the area. Of course, this is the DC area, so expectations are lower than a restaurant in Japan. Cramp seating on the first floor, so ask to sit upstairs if you want more space--note: they do not accept reservations. My group tried the sushi, tempura, teriyaki and yakisoba--the plates were empty at the end of dinner. A bit pricey for sushi, but again the cost reflects the location.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Manassas, VA
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was recommended by a friend of a friend. We had never heard of it, but gave it a shot and I am very glad we did. Although small and close quarters, the food was top notch. The service was good and the price was great. I would recommend this for anyone who enjoys sushi.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
maryland
“Momo Sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I chose this restaurant because my friend is a sushi eater and Tripadvisor said that this is the best place in Alexandria for sushi. I don't eat sushi, but a review of Momo's website showed that they had other dishes that I could eat, so I gave it a shot. My friend enjoyed the dinner - me, not so much. It wasn't that the meal (shrimp yakisoba?/small salad, miso soup) was bad, it just wasn't something that I'd want to have again. The veggies in the yakisoba were too chunky and too crunchy (yeah, I know that's the best way to prepare them, but I like my veggies just a tad bit softer). The dressing on the salad (small bowl of lettuce) tasted like teriyaki, which I don't particularly like, and the miso soup...

The restaurant is pretty small and cramped, with a few seats downstairs and a few seats upstairs. The "kitchen" and seating areas are all right there together, so I left smelling like the oil used for frying. The service was very good. The staff was very pleasant. The cost of two dinners didn't leave me turning my pockets inside out.

This really isn't a bad place, it just isn't the type of food I like. The first sushi dish that my friend had looked appetizing and he ended up ordering another sushi dish, so I guess the sushi is top notch. I saw many other dishes coming out that looked really pretty. Don't go by my review. Other sushi eaters who highly rate this place probably aren't wrong.

• 3 of 5 stars Food