“The Reason I Switched to SPG” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
USA
“The Reason I Switched to SPG”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Prior to staying at the Sheraton Suites in Old Town Alexandria I always stayed with Mariott properties. I was actually Platinum with them. After my first week in Alexandria I actually called Mariott and had them convert all of my points to Frequent Flyer Miles. I haven't stayed at anything but an SPG Property since.

I stayed at the Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria from July until December last year. The staff was kind enough to allow me to have the same room every week. Being a creature of habit that was excellent for me.

Every week I would come in on Monday and my clothes would be hung up in my closet, my refrigerator would be ready and my bag that I left with the hotel would be in my room.
There was always a gift of some kind waiting for me as well. My room was on the 10th floor and I really enjoyed the balcony. It had great a view of the Potomac.

One weekend, I couldn't fly home because I fell ill. The staff made sure I had everything I needed and told housekeeping not to bother me. They even brought me some soup from a local restaurant that the knew was my favorite. The staff were kind, thoughtful and made me feel like family. If I ever return to the Washington Metro Area this is the only place I will stay at.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
sheratonsuitesva, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, March 25, 2010
Wow, thanks so much for your comments. I am glad you had a great experience and hope that we can continue to provide the best in service and quality you expect. We hope to see you again real soon! Steve W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

Located in north Old Town, this hotel is an excellent value for what you get. My wife and I stayed at the hotel for two nights over Valentine's Day weekend. The hotel lobby is clean and has a nice atmosphere. Also, this hotel has the Link@Sheraton, which is nice if you are a business traveler. The suites are nice and provide a good amount of space to move around.

Breakfast at the restaurant was decent. While we didn't eat dinner at the hotel, it seemed like their prices were competitive. The only downside was parking, which is $22 a night. However, if you are staying at the hotel on a weekend or holiday, you might be able to find parking on the street for free.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
sheratonsuitesva, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, March 22, 2010
Thanks so much for your comments about your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites in Old Town. Our suites are ideal for guests that like the extra room and the restaurant works very hard to be competitive and the food is terrific. The benefit of the underground garage that is secure from the elements and your added safety is very nice and in keeping with what others charge in the neighborhood. We appreciate your feedback and perhaps in the future we can lower the price for everyone. Best Regard and we hope to see you again very soon. Steve W.
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

Stayed at this all suites hotel for extensive business meetings in the area. The hotel is conveniently located in Alexandria, with many restaurants nearby. Trader Joe's is just two blocks away and an easy trek for miscellaneous items. Close to many quite good restaurants. The room is fairly large. It would be good to upgrade some of the room amenities, including have "glass" glasses in the room (rather than the cheap plastic ones). I've yet to eat in the hotel's restaurant, so I can't comment on its quality. The elevators are a bit worn...several times they've failed to shut properly after several tries. All in all, however, it's a pleasant hotel that is conveniently located. Internet access in the rooms is only $10/daily.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
sheratonsuitesva, Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, February 23, 2010
I wanted to thank you for your feedback about your recent visit. We are very lucky to be able to offer suite accommodations at the price of a hotel room. The rooms are very spacious and make for a great place especially when you are in town for more then a few nights. Many guests comment on the lack of glasses and coffee cups that hotels use to have, however many of us gave them up for the sanitary alternative of a packaged cup. We are happy to provide glasses on request and of course many other modern comforts are always available. Thanks also for letting us know about the elevator problems. We have already fixed this with our maintenance company. Again, we thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon! Steve W.
Wilmington, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

I have been staying at the Sheraton Suites for almost 3 years now. The reason I keep coming back is the great location, friendly and helpful staff, and some of the largest rooms you will find anywhere in the DC area.
I've stayed at other hotels in the area and keep coming back.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
sheratonsuitesva, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, January 19, 2010
It is always appreciated to hear kind words about the hotel and the staff. Thanks for your support and we hope to see you again soon.
Steve W.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

My only criticism is a $10.00 fee for internet connection. Everything else was great.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
sheratonsuitesva, Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, January 5, 2010
Thanks so much for your comments. We do have a $10 fee for inroom high speed but please also remember our lobby and business center have free access. Our nominal fee generally covers the cost for our 24 hour service desk and we try and keep our room rates low so that many guests can enjoy the hotel more economically. Again, thanks for your comments we always appreciate the feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your visit! Steve W
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

We arrived at Reagan National Airport shortly after 5pm and immediately called for a pick-up at baggage claim. We were told "Ok, I will let the van driver know." Thirty-five minutes later, the van finally pulled up. I knew the hotel wasn't that far away, but after a short five-minute ride to the hotel, it really made me wonder why on earth it took thirty-five minutes to pick us up. At the end of our stay when we were waiting for the hotel shuttle back to the airport, it arrived five minutes late. When we tried to board, we were told that this particular van was the "downtown shuttle" and the one going to the airport would be along shortly. We left several minutes late (after having scheduled our ride to the airport).

The hotel is far above average, the staff is friendly and professional, and the location is unbeatable. However, the airport shuttles are excessively slow, and despite the wonderful staff, they will never tell you that you have to wait for thirty minutes for the next van (they only do airport pick-ups on the half hour). I just can't figure out why they are so willing to let their customers stand around for so long, waiting for the hotel shuttle. Almost every other destination I travel to, the shuttles are on-demand. GREAT hotel, LOUSY shuttle service.

Only other complaint is that you have to pay for internet service, which is typically VERY slow. Even Motel 6 offers free in-room internet.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
sheratonsuitesva, Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, December 16, 2009
Thanks so much for your comments about the problems you experienced with our shuttle. We try our best to be on time and have many guests to try and satisfy. We run 2 shuttles continuously and it is difficult when trying to satisfy the different trips to Old Town Alexandria, the airport, and other destinations within 5 miles of the hotel. Our staff tries very hard but it is difficult to say no to a request and sometimes traffic in other areas may hold up our drivers. You can be sure we will work on better communication as we try and accommodate all of our guests. With regard to our internet we do have a fee for use in the guest rooms and service at our business center is complimentary. We try and keep our pricing competitive and the nominal fee covers the cost for support. Thanks again for making us aware of your concerns and we hope your next visit will give us the opportunity to show you our commitment to your comfort. Best Regard, Steve W
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

Nice Hotel, free wifi in the lobby, good service at the restaurant, free shuttle to the airport.

Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments as we appreciate all feedback good and bad. We are glad you had a great stay and will continue to work hard and earn your business now and in the future. Best Regards, Steve W

Been to Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria? Share your experiences!