“Wedding Bloc Review” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Fairfax, Virginia
“Wedding Bloc Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

All of our wedding guests had a fantastic time at the hotel. The rooms were all clean and the staff responded quickly to requests for additional changes to room arrangements. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Good morning,
thank you for rating us on TripAdvisor, I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and the wedding reception was a huge success.
Please visit us again in the near future, you don't need a wedding to come and enjoy the many amenities we have to offer.
Alfred Matter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed here for about a week for work, and now will consider this my first choice in Alexandria. The rooms were nice, the service was good, and the location is just what I wanted...not so close to everything that you have noise issues, but not too far away either.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Good afternoon,
thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to we have earned to be your "Home away from Home" in Old Town Alexandria.
It is always nice to hear from a fan and I will be delighted to make your future stays more enjoyable if there is anything I can do. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed here overnight for business. Check in was quick and easy and the staff was friendly. My room only had a view of the building next door, but it was well appointed. There's a great bar about a block away that was showing the world cup match. The shuttle drivers were very friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Good morning,
thank you for completing a survey on TripAdvisor, I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay including our location that allows our guests to walk to many great restaurants and bars.
I hop you will stay with us again in the near future when your travels bring you back to Old Town Alexandria.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I've stayed at the Sheraton Suites at least twice prior to this stay and I have enjoyed my stays and had no issues. This time, however, there were a few things that I was not quite happy about. First my check-in was rather tedious and when I entered my room, I saw luggage-bad sign. Fortunately, the guests were not in the room, and my kids and I immediately left and went back to the front desk. The front desk clerk was not very apologetic about her mistake and issued me a new (unoccupied) room. The room was nice-roomy with two double beds and a sleeper sofa. There is a second tv in the sitting area, which is nice when traveling with kids. And you get Showtime. The room rate was great and the hotel is located in a neighborhood, so you can safely park your car on the street free, instead of paying to be in the parking garage. We've always parked on the street when staying there and never had a problem. The second issue was with the shuttle. I'm not quite sure why the shuttle only runs to King street in the evening?? My family and my sister's family were up and about Saturday morning and decided to take the shuttle to King St. due to the fact that we would be doing a lot of walking in DC. The shuttle was sitting outside in the circle, empty. When we inquired about what time it left, we were told that it could take us to King St. at 6pm! (It was about 10am) What a joke. We walked, not that big of a deal, but why advertise a shuttle when it doesn't shuttle you anywhere!! For older people wanting to walk down to King St. or people who don't like to walk, most of the restaurants are about a mile away(.8 of a mile I believe)-close to 2 miles walking round trip. Upon check out the video check-out was not available, nor was the phone check-out-it just kept ringing and ringing, so I checked out at the front desk and was almost charged for two rooms. I had to explain that the first room was occupied and then I was given another room. (and my kids were disappointed that we didn't have free Wi-Fi in the room) Other than those few issues, I enjoyed my stay and would come back. The rooms are nice and clean, the hotel is in a great location and Alexandria is a beautiful town.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Good morning,
Thank you for taking the time give us your feedback on TripAdvisor. Please accept my sincere apologies for our shortcomings during your recent stay. I do appreciate the comments as it allows us to improve our service levels.
I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you that your experience was the exception and not the norm. When your travels bring you back to Old Town Alexandria, please contact me directly and I will be honored to look after your family's comfort.
Ridgefield, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The first night I arrived there I took the shuttle to the air port and caught the metro to D.C.
They told me to meet them back at door 5 or door 8. When I returned to door 5 that night, the shuttle had just drove by with out stopping. So knowing that he was going to stop at door 8 I ran down to get on at door 8 to get on just to see him drive by with out stopping. While I waited there another 30 minutes for the next shuttle I witnessed other hotel shuttles, and they would stop, get out and look for anyone that needed to get picked up. I wish the Sheraton shuttle had done that.
Then when I did get back to my room, I went to get ice and the ice machine on my floor did not work, so I went down to the next floor and that one didn't work either. When I took a shower the shower head shot water all over the ceiling. And if you book with expedia, you don't get the continental breakfast. On top of all that, the room key cards don't work very good. A number of people I saw had trouble and had to back to the front desk for help. Some times it would take me five minutes to get my key card to work.

Room Tip: Go some where else.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Good morning,
thank you for giving us your feedback about your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for the shuttle not coming to a clear stop at both gate 5 and 9. We will re-emphasize that driving by is not acceptable.
I am not sure you reported maintenance issue to the staff, if you can contact me directly I can follow up and check the room for future guests.
I hope you will give us another opportunity when your travels bring you back to Northern Virginia that your experience was the exception, not the norm.
Kathmandu, Nepal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I spent one night at the Sheraton Suites and had a very good experience. The staff were excellent (check-in and checkout) and the facilities very good. The room was outstanding: living room and private bedroom.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for giving us an excellent rating on TripAdvisor, I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular our excellent staff.I trust you will visit us again when your travels bring you back to Old Town Alexandria.
Seal Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I travel to the DC area for business 1-2 times per year and have bounced around hotels a bit in the Old Town area. I stayed last week for three nights at the Sheraton and had a great visit. The room was very clean and well decorated. Lots of plugs for chargers in the main room except oddly, none next to the bed that weren't already being used by lamps, etc. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Room service was fast; the chicken dinner dish I had was tasty. Gym was small but had nice features like cold towels and water plus new equipment and even items like stability balls. Tip: if you don't want to pay for extra bottles of water in your room, take a bottle to the gym and fill up!
My room was near the ice machine, but I only heard noise from it a couple of times and generally earlier in the evening. Running trail along the Potomac is very close and there are a couple of coffee shops and restaurants all within walking distance as well.
Housekeeping was never intrusive and respected whatever sign was put out on the door. Room was spotless each time I returned and the bed was crisp and clean. AC worked great (important in the midst of the record heat they were experiencing!) and was just loud enough for ambient noise
I would definitely stay again and recommend! Ideal for many types of travelers. Although I was traveling for business, I would have gladly stayed there with my husband for a leisure trip as well.

Room Tip: I had a nice view facing the Potomac and got quite the show with a late night lighting storm!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Alfred M, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Good morning Brandi,
thank you for completing a TripAdvisor survey for us. I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular the proximity to the Potomac River and our amenities.
I trust you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Old Town Alexandria.
Alfred Matter

Been to Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria? Share your experiences!