Was in town visiting family and was hoping to find a hotel that was conveniently located. This hotel was convenient to Old Town (but may be a bit far to walk for some, there is a shuttle that runs in the evening to King Street) and Reagan National. I picked up a rental car from the airport but returned it before checking out so the airport shuttle (which runs every 30 mins) came in very handy... it picks up at #5 and #9 at the arrivals curbside. Not sure if the shuttle will take you to the King Street Metro station though. If you want to rent a car, there was an enterprise rental counter in the hotel lobby if you need to rent a car to take you out further such as Williamsburg or Mount Vernon.
We had a suite with a king bed and a pull out sofa with a flat screen TV in bedroom and living area. The room also had a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and sink which were all good to have for our stay. The rooms are nice but just be aware that although there is a door between the living/seating area and the bedroom it was a french double door with window and lace-like curtains so you could see if the was light was on in either room. Wasn't too bad but would have preferred a full door so we wouldn't bother each other watching TV or staying up later. Otherwise both beds were comfortable and the room was clean and quiet. We are SPG gold members so we had free wi-fi and it worked well especially since we had a number of devices ... iPhones, iPads, computers, etc. One feature I would have liked to have in the room was a safe, I could have left it in the safe at the front desk but decided to take all my mobile devices with me.
Our package included breakfast buffet which was nothing special but a typical breakfast ... waffles, eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausages, oatmeal, cereal, pancakes, fruit, yogurt ,etc. It was enough for us to start the day with a full stomach.
Depending on what I was planning to do, I would stay here again but getting to the Metro may not be easy. Parking your car is not cheap but it is comparable to other hotels in the area. You can park yourself which was not an option in another Old Town hotel we stayed out a couple of years ago(valet only).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria is an all-suites hotel ideal for family vacations. We're near Washington, D.C., Ronald Reagan National Airport, the Potomac, the Pentagon, Mount Vernon, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Starwood, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Sheraton Hotel Old Town Alexandria
- Alexandria Sheraton
- Sheraton Suite Old Town Alexandria
- Sheraton Alexandria